Poll: How many points does Josh score? O/U 14.5
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Over
50.00%
5 50.00%
Under
50.00%
5 50.00%
Total 10 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GAME 61: SAS (14-46) vs. DAL (32-29) | 116-142 WIN!
it's always fun to beat the spurs no matter how shitty they currently look. im never a fan of THJ but we appeared to be playing good team ball with him on court. we were 0-3 without him preceding the ASB and I think there is a reason behind that.
[-] The following 1 user Likes LukaMVP's post:
  • DallasMaverick
Like Reply
(02-23-2023, 11:05 PM)Razzmatazz_Hopskidillydoo Wrote: Shooting a 30 footer early on the shot clock is just the definition of a selfish loser.

I don't care if THJ is shooting well in a game, but he must not be allowed to think of himself as Steph.

Just a really really selfish player.

That's what he's always been and always will be though. Its never gonna change. I've always said THJ's entire value is sown up in his 3pt%. If he hits at like he did between 2019 to 2021, he's a valuable player, if not he's a complete liability.

(02-23-2023, 11:11 PM)SkenfromLMF Wrote: Holiday might be the answer for missing DFS. He would be better if it had been as a Bullock replacement...

BUT PINSON SITS is the greatest addition with Holiday!!!

Unless Holiday can guard 4's and small 5's he not close to a DFS replacement. Don't think people recognise that DFS's biggest strength wasn't his defense specifically, but his defensive versatility. He could solidly guard 1-5, which in a switch heavy league, is arguably more valuable than simply being an elite one v one defender at your position. We have no one else short of maybe Maxi who can do that. Holiday is just another Bullock basically, but I wanna see how good his defense actually is over a longer stretch.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Dundalis's post:
  • ballsrchr
Like Reply
Mavs offense is great. Defense, especially PnR, is very problematic.
[-] The following 1 user Likes omahen's post:
  • SleepingHero
Like Reply
Mavs are entertaining again!  We will see if it improves their upside, but at least the games don't feel like pulling teeth.    

I know there are three franchises that say "just wait" when you say anything nice about Kyrie.  They very well may be right.  But I have loved his temperament on the floor.   He is really engaged on the bench.   He rarely complains to the refs, and some of his quick touch passes are plays that have been missing as a sidekick next to Luka.

The Spurs are awful.  The last few years have been really tough as a Spurs fan because there was little hope and very little future building pieces on the roster.   Last night was the first time where I saw positives.  Again, they are awful.   I am not sure why Vassel is not playing but he is good.  Keldon Johnson is a bull.   And I was impressed with my first look at 2 of their 3 rookies (both still 19).  They have a long way to go and finding a franchise player is really, really difficult.   Although there may be 1 (or 2) in this upcoming draft.   

Also, I would not give Pop's any grief if he decided to just go an retire on a winery.    He is one of the best ever.  Although, I sort of admire him sticking around these last few years while getting beat most games.
[-] The following 2 users Like Chicagojk's post:
  • DallasMaverick, Jmaciscool
Like Reply
(02-24-2023, 03:16 AM)Dundalis Wrote: That's what he's always been and always will be though. Its never gonna change. I've always said THJ's entire value is sown up in his 3pt%. If he hits at like he did between 2019 to 2021, he's a valuable player, if not he's a complete liability.

Unless Holiday can guard 4's and small 5's he not close to a DFS replacement. Don't think people recognise that DFS's biggest strength wasn't his defense specifically, but his defensive versatility. He could solidly guard 1-5, which in a switch heavy league, is arguably more valuable than simply being an elite one v one defender at your position. We have no one else short of maybe Maxi who can do that. Holiday is just another Bullock basically, but I wanna see how good his defense actually is over a longer stretch.

Nothing towards you personally...but I am tired of this excuse.  Its an excuse to shelter the Mavs FO from criticism, to shelter analytics from criticism or to protect THJ mentally.

The excuse suggests THJ is allowed to shoot WHENEVER he wants, as if he is Curry-like.   That is what you are suggesting and others when they just simply say "THJ is a shooter"

I dont witness any other player take as many bad shots as THJ does in the NBA.   Why is he given the pass to do so if he is not Curry-like?  True or false...this is bad management?   Simple yes or no?

His style of NBA bball play is very very bad.  I am embarrassed as a Maverick fan that the FO allows THJ's on-court behavior.   He is a possession killer, team morale killer, selfish, unskilled player.  Yet...this very board just keeps making excuses for a non-Curry-like bad shooter.
Like Reply
(02-24-2023, 10:17 AM)dynamicalVoid Wrote: Nothing towards you personally...but I am tired of this excuse.  Its an excuse to shelter the Mavs FO from criticism, to shelter analytics from criticism or to protect THJ mentally.

The excuse suggests THJ is allowed to shoot WHENEVER he wants, as if he is Curry-like.   That is what you are suggesting and others when they just simply say "THJ is a shooter"

I dont witness any other player take as many bad shots as THJ does in the NBA.   Why is he given the pass to do so if he is not Curry-like?  True or false...this is bad management?   Simple yes or no?

His style of NBA bball play is very very bad.  I am embarrassed as a Maverick fan that the FO allows THJ's on-court behavior.   He is a possession killer, team morale killer, selfish, unskilled player.  Yet...this very board just keeps making excuses for a non-Curry-like bad shooter.

It looks like you might be a little conflicted, there.
[-] The following 1 user Likes DallasMaverick's post:
  • F Gump
Like Reply
(02-24-2023, 10:25 AM)DallasMaverick Wrote: It looks like you might be a little conflicted, there.

Maybe
Like Reply
I thought Hardaway played his role great last night.   I always wanted him to be a Jordan Poole type spark.  In the past, he really hasn't played well coming off the bench.   He is a guy who you want him to be aggressive...to a point.  Maybe with Kyrie here now, coming off the bench will not be a big deal as we will always have an elite guard on the court.   Maybe the faster pace helps him too.

He is going to be a player we need in a playoff series.    I just like how we are not tied to him as we were prior to the trade.  Now he is a really nice addition...rather than being a guy we need to play well.
[-] The following 3 users Like Chicagojk's post:
  • F Gump, KillerLeft, StrandedOnBeauboisHill
Like Reply
mods change your Sig.  Because youre scum of the earth. weak.

Ban me because your foul and have not good excuse.
Like Reply
(02-24-2023, 08:06 PM)dynamicalVoid Wrote: mods change your Sig.  Because youre scum of the earth.  weak.

What was your sig?
"The Dallas Mavericks must do everything they can to get Olivier-Maxence Prosper."
- IamDougieFresh (05-20-2023, 04:39 AM)
[-] The following 1 user Likes IamDougieFresh's post:
  • StrandedOnBeauboisHill
Like Reply
(02-24-2023, 04:31 PM)Chicagojk Wrote: I thought Hardaway played his role great last night.   I always wanted him to be a Jordan Poole type spark.  In the past, he really hasn't played well coming off the bench.   He is a guy who you want him to be aggressive...to a point.  

He did play well.
Save for a blow-by, a 30 footer and another ill advised 3, he did play good.

But that 30 footer is the reason why he is a loser. He threw that shot up knowing he would be subbed out in the next dead-ball situation. There wouldn't have been any real issue with wanting to hoist one up if the situation was good enough for a shot, but that 3 is the stuff that gets other players benched. If Wood did that he'd get pulverized by the haters and Kidd would find a way to put the blame on him even on a win.
Like Reply
(02-24-2023, 08:06 PM)dynamicalVoid Wrote: mods change your Sig.  Because youre scum of the earth.  weak.

I don't know who on the mod team changed your sig, but I agree it's wrong.

It's an abuse of mod privileges and is not funny. This has been a thing happening for too long and I'm glad you're calling out whoever did it. 

If you would like, I can change it back to whatever you want if you're unable to. Send me a PM if you need it.
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
[-] The following 2 users Like SleepingHero's post:
  • Arioch, omahen
Like Reply
THJ should player better to justify his price tag. he was great against spurs and he's a valuable player on our squad. he may play bad sometimes especially when it comes to shot selection, but I believe he is one of such players whose values are easier recognized when they're off the court than when they're on. that said, he still needs to do more to deserve his pay.
Like Reply
(02-24-2023, 10:31 PM)SleepingHero Wrote: I don't know who on the mod team changed your sig, but I agree it's wrong.

It's an abuse of mod privileges and is not funny. This has been a thing happening for too long and I'm glad you're calling out whoever did it. 

If you would like, I can change it back to whatever you want if you're unable to. Send me a PM if you need it.

Faceless boogey man.  Coward.

Couldnt get me to join the military bcause hes a loser.  

Coward trash.

All he has left is pushing some weak case for THJ being playable even though it knows its bullshit and THJ sucks.   Bi-Polar weak sauce that it wants to justify by saying "two truths" or "why cant they both be true".  loser
Like Reply
(02-25-2023, 12:32 PM)dynamicalVoid Wrote: Faceless boogey man.  Coward shit.

Couldnt get me to join the military bcause hes a fucking loser.  

Coward ass trash.

All he has left is pushing some weak case for THJ being playable even though it knows its bullshit and THJ sucks.   Bi-Polar weak sauce that it wants to justify by saying "two truths" or "why cant they both be true".   Fucking loser
So, I went through the moderation logs and saw nothing that shows anything was done. Not sure what all that log picks up though. I’m willing to experiment with it if you’d allow me to change your signature and see if that shows up, so we know for sure.

On the other note, this and the other post is over the top to me, haven’t talked with the other mods to confirm. It’s a change of some words on the internet. The mods have jokingly done it to eachother in the past. I get that this time you were the butt of the joke, and that is a line that absolutely shouldn’t be crossed, but the language you use is in your disgust is inappropriate in this setting. We’ve let cuss words here and there through, but as a group are not interested in the constant use of them as is displayed. I ask you to please use other words to express your feelings in the future.
Like Reply
(02-25-2023, 01:31 PM)ItsGoTime Wrote: So, I went through the moderation logs and saw nothing that shows anything was done. Not sure what all that log picks up though. I’m willing to experiment with it if you’d allow me to change your signature and see if that shows up, so we know for sure.

On the other note, this and the other post is over the top to me, haven’t talked with the other mods to confirm. It’s a change of some words on the internet. The mods have jokingly done it to eachother in the past. I get that this time you were the butt of the joke, and that is a line that absolutely shouldn’t be crossed, but the language you use is in your disgust is inappropriate in this setting. We’ve let cuss words here and there through, but as a group are not interested in the constant use of them as is displayed. I ask you to please use other words to express your feelings in the future.

Im the issue.  Coward.  Youre a coward.
Like Reply
(02-25-2023, 01:44 PM)dynamicalVoid Wrote: Im the issue.  Coward.  Youre a coward.
Your language is absolutely AN issue. I asked for your consent to see if I can look into the other issue. If you, or anyone for that matter, would allow me to change their sig, I can figure out if the mod log is a way to figure out who did what they did. If not, I’ll have to go another route. 

I’ll ask again in a warning tone to please refrain from using cuss words to express yourself.
Like Reply
(02-25-2023, 01:51 PM)ItsGoTime Wrote: Your language is absolutely AN issue. I asked for your consent to see if I can look into the other issue. If you, or anyone for that matter, would allow me to change their sig, I can figure out if the mod log is a way to figure out who did what they did. If not, I’ll have to go another route. 

I’ll ask again in a warning tone to please refrain from using cuss words to express yourself.

Gaslighting is for a coward.  beyond weak.

"Im neither moral or immoral...im profit seeking"....what a.
[-] The following 1 user Likes dynamicalVoid's post:
  • rocky164
Like Reply
Wtf i am reading Just ban that idiot
Like Reply
(02-25-2023, 03:56 PM)dynamicalVoid Wrote: Gaslighting is for a coward.  beyond weak.

"Im neither moral or immoral...im profit seeking"....what a.
Wait, do you actually think I’m the one who did it? That’s funny considering I’m closer to your side of the argument than most. I just want THJ gone with a returned asset that is better fitting. I’ve even liked a post or two of yours when you’ve not posted so extreme. I’m sure this will fall on deaf ears, but regardless, I’ll ask you one last time to refrain from using cuss words to express yourself.
Like Reply