Poll: How many points in the paint does Denver score? O/U 54.5
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Over
83.33%
5 83.33%
Under
16.67%
1 16.67%
Total 6 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Game 60: DAL (31-29) vs. DEN (41-18) | 109-118 Loss
Thomas Bryant would've been perfect for us. He can shoot the midrange
[-] The following 1 user Likes donzingis38's post:
  • BigDirk41
Like Reply
Kyrie getting maintenance games already?  Ughhh
Like Reply
(02-15-2023, 09:41 PM)Kidnova Wrote: Kyrie getting maintenance games already?  Ughhh

Something we forgot when we had the super talented vs crazy discussion. Not as bad as KP but among the more injury-prone players.
Like Reply
duo star system ain't the best for Luka. KP proved it once and kyrie is proving it a 2nd time. Dallas is a small market and it ain't changed by addition of another star. just build a team the way Denver and Milwaukee do, surrounding your franchise player with solid role players.
Like Reply
[Image: give-up-quit.gif]
[-] The following 1 user Likes dirkfansince1998's post:
  • BigDirk41
Like Reply
I hope the Mavs can figure this thing out. I'm starting to see them as more of a 5-8 seed unless they can put a long streak together. No chance without Kyrie tonight, but 3 losses in a row heading into the ASB is a downer.
Like Reply
Most predictable loss in the history of this franchise. Already beat them once at Denver, not gonna happen again. 5th game in 8 days in the altitude, no Kyrie...this team is tired and needs the All Star Break
[-] The following 1 user Likes SwisherPrice's post:
  • BigDirk41
Like Reply
(02-15-2023, 09:55 PM)LukaMVP Wrote: duo star system ain't the best for Luka. KP proved it once and kyrie is proving it a 2nd time. Dallas is a small market and it ain't changed by addition of another star. just build a team the way Denver and Milwaukee do, surrounding your franchise player with solid role players.

I agree with your premise on roster building. However,  Dallas is not a small market like Milwaukee.
Like Reply
Luka is the only player in double figures at the half and he has half of their points with 23. Yikes!
Like Reply
Dallas is the 4th biggest market in NBA.  It’s a big market team.  It just lacks competent front office and coaching personnel. They screwed up the off-season and have had to chase all season, burning through assets and energy just to try to get back to level, until this is what you’re left with. It would have been better to be smart about their assets and keep Brunson, but once he left, they had little choice but to roll the dice with Kyrie, even though it cost them two high character players. Would also have been better to embrace their off season acquisition instead of the coach putting him in the doghouse before even the first practice. This is all just a self fulfilling prophecy by an overmatched coach and an arrogantly incompetent owner.  The only possible move left is to change the coach. That’s it.  Nothing else to do.
Like Reply
(02-15-2023, 10:17 PM)ThisIStheYear Wrote: Dallas is the 4th biggest market in NBA.  It’s a big market team.  It just lacks competent front office and coaching personnel. They screwed up the off-season and have had to chase all season, burning through assets and energy just to try to get back to level, until this is what you’re left with. It would have been better to be smart about their assets and keep Brunson, but once he left, they had little choice but to roll the dice with Kyrie, even though it cost them two high character players. Would also have been better to embrace their off season acquisition instead of the coach putting him in the doghouse before even the first practice. This is all just a self fulfilling prophecy by an overmatched coach and an arrogantly incompetent owner.  The only possible move left is to change the coach. That’s it.  Nothing else to do.

Dallas is the 5th biggest, behind, NY, LA. Chicago, and Philly,  just ahead of Toronto.
Like Reply
(02-15-2023, 10:23 PM)HoosierDaddyKid Wrote: Dallas is the 5th biggest, behind, NY, LA. Chicago, and Philly,  just ahead of Toronto.

I think the entire concept of population and TV market size is outdated. Is anyone seriously thinking that the team with the highest revenue numbers in the league shouldn´t be in the top tier?
Like Reply
[Image: ANJKlp.gif]
Like Reply
ChatGPT had Dallas-Fort Worth at 4, followed by Houston, DC, Boston and Philly. But I did ask it to rank by sports market not specifically basketball. There’s definitely subjectivity, but the point is that Dallas is a big market team. And, they’ve mostly screwed up this season.  I still have a shred of hope they can come out of the all star break and win 9 of 10 or something like that and save their season, but it’s getting late. Nothing’s working. A coaching change is all I see left to do.
Like Reply
(02-15-2023, 10:36 PM)dirkfansince1998 Wrote: I think the entire concept of population and TV market size is outdated. Is anyone seriously thinking that the team with the highest revenue numbers in the league shouldn´t be in the top tier?

It may be. I'm only sharing what I read from different sources.
Like Reply
(02-15-2023, 10:48 PM)ThisIStheYear Wrote: An owner change is all I see left to do.

FIFY
[-] The following 1 user Likes dirkfansince1998's post:
  • ItsGoTime
Like Reply
Great minutes by Lawson. He needs to take Pinson's spot next season
  • BigDirk41
Like Reply
(02-15-2023, 10:50 PM)HoosierDaddyKid Wrote: It may be. I'm only sharing what I read from different sources.

Most of the market size rankings are based on population/ TV market. Doesn´t really work for teams like GS. They lead the league in revenue. Have more social media followers than any other team. Have the best ratings on national TV.
Like Reply
Keep this lineup in there for the rest of the game. Powell/Bullock/Green have given them nothing tonight
  • Mavs2021
Like Reply
The effort level fluctuations are pretty wild on this team.
Like Reply