Poll: How many points does Luka + Kyrie combine for on their homecoming debut? O/U 54.5
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Over
85.71%
6 85.71%
Under
14.29%
1 14.29%
Total 7 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GAME 59: MIN (31-29) vs. DAL (31-28)| 124-121 Loss
(02-14-2023, 08:26 AM)omahen Wrote: I would argue that Luka didn't fall asleep. He was guarding a possible pass to two players as Green was helping in the paint.

Oh man I don’t know. There was a lot of ball watching in that thread.

Another thing to watch, after that play where Luka complained to the refs and gave up the transition three, Kyrie came back and got an and one and has he’s walking to the line you can see him glance over at Luka STILL complaining to the refs and to me that look said “what are you doing man?”
[-] The following 3 users Like StrandedOnBeauboisHill's post:
  • Radical Mavs, Razzmatazz_Hopskidillydoo, RoyTarpleysGhost
Like Reply
The last few posts said it all. Luka needs to grow up. Luka needs to be the center/PF. He’s worse guarding the perimeter anyways. This would be a big change for him. Kyrie needs to be the team leader and teach the rest of the players how to play basketball. Luka needs to support this
[-] The following 2 users Like Jason Terry's post:
  • BigDirk41, Radical Mavs
Like Reply
(02-14-2023, 10:20 AM)Jason Terry Wrote: The last few posts said it all. Luka needs to grow up. Luka needs to be the center/PF. He’s worse guarding the perimeter anyways. This would be a big change for him. Kyrie needs to be the team leader and teach the rest of the players how to play basketball. Luka needs to support this
He isn’t getting the chance to mature because the team gives in to everything he says (not that I know this for sure).
Like Reply
This will only work if Luka makes it work. His effort has to increase and he has to adapt on the offensive end. I like the idea of him playing small ball 5. What a nightmare that would be. LeBron does it although he's in freakishly great shape.
[-] The following 1 user Likes BigDirk41's post:
  • Radical Mavs
Like Reply
(02-14-2023, 03:15 AM)Razzmatazz_Hopskidillydoo Wrote: Of course it's always somebody else's fault.
Kidd's not accountable for his abysmal coaching.

I bet he could have easily shouted "PLAY CLEAN D", or "DO NOT FOUL". It would get the message across.
https://twitter.com/dalton_trigg/status/...18401?s=20&t=SbwDsip9nnxu4s4O8a08mw

So Kidd did what you said, are you gonna still blame him?
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
[-] The following 1 user Likes SleepingHero's post:
  • MFFL
Like Reply
(02-14-2023, 08:00 AM)Chicagojk Wrote: Wasn’t the only one, but not great.. click link for full thread.

https://twitter.com/triplethreadNBA/stat...77472?s=20&t=052ZDbsQfU-DEPc1NB9g5A

Second half

https://twitter.com/triplethreadNBA/stat...24385?s=20&t=052ZDbsQfU-DEPc1NB9g5A

There were some plays there where Luka WAS in correct position, but MIN just made a shot.

But most of them were pretty much spot on, especially the complaining at the end. It's ridiculous that he literally takes off multiple possessions talking to the refs on the sideline instead of playing the game. That is not winning basketball. Sure go ahead and complain I don't care, but don't do it while the ball is live.

If I was Kidd I would've benched Luka. And I love Luka. He deserves a benching though. Kidd will never do it, he doesn't have it in him.
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
Like Reply
He had a few promising showings, but I just don't think he is a guy you can count on.   Just don't think he is going to be a positive playoff guy.    

https://twitter.com/johnhollinger/status...6669859856
Like Reply
(02-14-2023, 12:32 PM)SleepingHero Wrote: There were some plays there where Luka WAS in correct position, but MIN just made a shot.

But most of them were pretty much spot on, especially the complaining at the end. It's ridiculous that he literally takes off multiple possessions talking to the refs on the sideline instead of playing the game. That is not winning basketball. Sure go ahead and complain I don't care, but don't do it while the ball is live.

If I was Kidd I would've benched Luka. And I love Luka. He deserves a benching though. Kidd will never do it, he doesn't have it in him.

The sad part is the comeback started during the first half of the 4th quarter when Luka was on the bench. The offensive and defensive energy increased when he went out of the game.

Sometimes he just looks like the 23 year old he is. He needs to be coached not coddled.
Like Reply
(02-14-2023, 12:23 PM)SleepingHero Wrote: https://twitter.com/dalton_trigg/status/...18401?s=20&t=SbwDsip9nnxu4s4O8a08mw

So Kidd did what you said, are you gonna still blame him?

Of course I would, Kidd's coaching is reverse nit-picking, one has to choose the good parts even though they come few and far between.

I'd give him a pass on this one though.
But that "screaming" part is kinda' suspect. How dumb can Josh be if he heard screaming and he didn't comply?
I would think the arena was loud and they didn't "scream" loud enough.
Like Reply
(02-14-2023, 09:08 AM)omahen Wrote: I think it was very obvious immediately trade was made that Mavs will have problems on defense. Who knows why they didn't or couldn't address it at TDL. Team as it is is not a contender, imho. So, most likely they will win some games and lose some, end up somewhere 4-6 probably and not have a very long playoff run.

Its just like last season when they made a big trade at the TDL leaving a gaping hole in the frontcourt and did nothing to address it.  Defense was already a problem and they sent out one of their best defenders in a trade and did nothing about it.  I guess making trades are really hard.

(02-14-2023, 09:47 AM)dirkfansince1998 Wrote: That´s probably the best option right now. The defensive problems start on the perimeter and inserting bigs into the lineup won´t solve that. If the Mavs have enough quick guys on the floor they have a chance to stay in front of their matchups. Can make quick rotations. Can prevent penetration.
With Powell, Wood and McGee playing center the Mavs gave up 33, 32, 35 in the first three quarters. With a Luka/Frank/Pinson frontcourt the Mavs gave up 24 in the 4th quarter. Played Gobert off the floor and forced the T`Wolves to go small as well.

Another reason we are missing Dorian.  He was perfect for small ball lineups.
Like Reply
(02-14-2023, 12:39 PM)Chicagojk Wrote: He had a few promising showings, but I just don't think he is a guy you can count on.   Just don't think he is going to be a positive playoff guy.    

https://twitter.com/johnhollinger/status...6669859856

McGee had a nice game when Luka was nursing that heel.  Whenever they share the floor together it is full on clown shoes.
Like Reply
(02-14-2023, 03:34 PM)cow Wrote: McGee had a nice game when Luka was nursing that heel.  Whenever they share the floor together it is full on clown shoes.

Luka's defensive effort (or lack thereof) coupled with McGee's tendency to go for the all-or-nothing block creates massive holes on the defensive side of the court.

It just doesn't work, unless they both rein in their mistakes.
Like Reply
(02-14-2023, 04:03 PM)SleepingHero Wrote: Luka's defensive effort (or lack thereof) coupled with McGee's tendency to go for the all-or-nothing block creates massive holes on the defensive side of the court.

It just doesn't work, unless they both rein in their mistakes.

While I think that is valid, McGee just has a different energy and effort without Luka.
[-] The following 1 user Likes cow's post:
  • RoyTarpleysGhost
Like Reply