Thread Rating:
  • 11 Vote(s) - 3.91 Average
Trade & FA 2023-24: Booker Likes NYK? Vogel Out? Suns Imploding?
(04-17-2024, 10:30 AM)DallasMaverick Wrote: Doesn’t Tim Hardaway Jr.’s inconsistency just irritate you?

We really need an A quality shooter who just hits a consistent percentage, night in and night out.

Like Klay!

The problem with Klay is defense - he sucks on that end of the floor now.

Of all the GS players who played 500 minutes or more, he was the worst defender on the term, per BR D-Rtg. He used to be a superior defender, and now he's just bad.

It will be interesting to see how GS handles his free agency.
Like Reply
(04-17-2024, 10:30 AM)DallasMaverick Wrote: Doesn’t Tim Hardaway Jr.’s inconsistency just irritate you?

We really need an A quality shooter who just hits a consistent percentage, night in and night out.

Like Klay!

I appreciate your work around here these days, pal. Just saying.
Not very astute ^^^^
[-] The following 1 user Likes fifteenth's post:
  • DallasMaverick
Like Reply
(04-17-2024, 10:58 AM)fifteenth Wrote: I appreciate your work around here these days, pal. Just saying.

Trolling is such a thankless job!
[-] The following 3 users Like DallasMaverick's post:
  • RGP1981, RoyTarpleysGhost, Scott41theMavs
Like Reply
(04-17-2024, 10:46 AM)F Gump Wrote: The problem with Klay is defense - he sucks on that end of the floor now.

Of all the GS players who played 500 minutes or more, he was the worst defender on the term, per BR D-Rtg. He used to be a superior defender, and now he's just bad.

It will be interesting to see how GS handles his free agency.

Sounds like the max he should be paid is 20M...per the 3 point shooters market.   Smartly...I think the NBA has pivoted away from paying shooters with no defense.  But...THJ, G. Allen, dude from Miami, and someone else(guy from Indiana?) are all around 18-20M.   I assume GSW gives him a Home Team stipend of 20M or just north of that if they decide they want to keep him.
Like Reply
(04-17-2024, 11:00 AM)youzigizag Wrote: Sounds like the max he should be paid is 20M...per the 3 point shooters market.   Smartly...I think the NBA has pivoted away from paying shooters with no defense.  But...THJ, G. Allen, dude from Miami, and someone else(guy from Indiana?) are all around 18-20M.   I assume GSW gives him a Home Team stipend of 20M or just north of that if they decide they want to keep him.

MLE
Like Reply
(04-17-2024, 11:03 AM)DallasMaverick Wrote: MLE

I wouldnt pay him 20M but that seems like what a lot of posters are suggesting on RealGM.   2 year/40M.  That matches up with all the shooter contracts(bad contracts, imo) in the NBA plus a little Home Team greasing.

Why even pay MLE if he cant play defense?  Is the NBA really paying 14M for bad defensive shooters still?   I mean...maybe on a team with a great offense or on a Luka team...where open looks are generated regularly...but Im not paying 14M for someone you cant play in Playoffs.
[-] The following 1 user Likes youzigizag's post:
  • Scott41theMavs
Like Reply
(04-17-2024, 09:58 AM)Chicagojk Wrote: I think the Jazz will be aggressive this summer.  They have an all star, some good young players and draft picks.  The last two years have been a roller coaster.  They were suppose to be awful last year but started off hot.  Both years though they really faded and ended the seasons terribly. 

They tanked the last two years. 31-30 to 37-45 last year and 26-26 to 31-51 this year, so they are probably a lot better than their record or let´s say their head coach is.
Like Reply
@shamscharania

“Klay Thompson is very open to seeing his marketplace in free agency.”
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
Like Reply
@TheAthletic
Key Warriors stakeholders have been optimistic Klay Thompson will re-sign with Golden State.

But there are market forces outside of their control.

Namely? The Magic and Mavericks, sources tell
@sam_amick
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
Like Reply
(04-17-2024, 12:38 PM)SleepingHero Wrote: @TheAthletic
Key Warriors stakeholders have been optimistic Klay Thompson will re-sign with Golden State.

@sam_amick

I don't see why the Mavs would pursue him. They already have a "Hot and Cold scorer in THJ.  In fact, at this point in both careers, I'd say THJ is the better player. Klay is an all-time great shooter and defender.  But those injuries have zapped his effectiveness on both sides of the ball.
[-] The following 2 users Like HoosierDaddyKidd's post:
  • DallasMaverick, rocky164
Like Reply
(04-17-2024, 12:38 PM)SleepingHero Wrote: @TheAthletic

@sam_amick

Just when you think the Mavs' front office has become competent...

I wouldn't want Baked Klay on the Mavs' roster at any price. I do not want him in a box, I do not want him with a fox....
[-] The following 3 users Like Scott41theMavs's post:
  • F Gump, Mavs2021, rocky164
Like Reply
(04-17-2024, 01:14 PM)Scott41theMavs Wrote: I wouldn't want Baked Klay on the Mavs' roster at any price. I do not want him in a box, I do not want him with a fox....

LOL!! I like both of those lines.
Not very astute ^^^^
Like Reply
(04-17-2024, 12:55 PM)HoosierDaddyKidd Wrote: I don't see why the Mavs would pursue him. They already have a "Hot and Cold scorer in THJ.  In fact, at this point in both careers, I'd say THJ is the better player. Klay is an all-time great shooter and defender.  But those injuries have zapped his effectiveness on both sides of the ball.

He is still better than Timmy on both sides of the court, but no interest in a 34 year old already on steep decline.
Like Reply
(04-17-2024, 01:14 PM)Scott41theMavs Wrote: Just when you think the Mavs' front office has become competent...

I wouldn't want Baked Klay on the Mavs' roster at any price. I do not want him in a box, I do not want him with a fox....

That report does not make any sense.  How are market forces going to involve Mavs?  They will be well over the cap.  I doubt Klay can be had for the MLE (which we don't even have at the moment).
[-] The following 1 user Likes mvossman's post:
  • F Gump
Like Reply
(04-17-2024, 01:23 PM)mvossman Wrote: That report does not make any sense.  How are market forces going to involve Mavs?  They will be well over the cap.  I doubt Klay can be had for the MLE (which we don't even have at the moment).

I think they're expecting some sort of SnT at the best.

Obviously it's a long shot and the agents are trying to drum up interest. One has to wonder Klay next to Kyrie and Luka. Even in his worst year of his career he still shot 39% from 3 and averaged 18ppg.

He's not the same guy anymore. But as a 3rd option next to Kyrie and Luka where almost 80% of his shots will be spot up wide open 3s I'm not sure you could find a better fit. 

Defensively he's not the same guy. But if he can bring 15ppg consistently then it doesn't really matter all that much. He still has size and can move his feet. Plus the Warriors can technically be way way below the 1st apron which would make a SnT of THJ+ Green doable. Would also allow us to retain DJJ
Like Reply
(04-17-2024, 02:33 PM)SleepingHero Wrote: Would also allow us to retain DJJ

How so?
Like Reply
@statdefender
Worst Open (4-6 Feet) 3-Point Shooters In The League This Season (Min. 50 Games Played & Min. 3 3PA Per Game) :

1. Tim Hardaway Jr. — 31.7%
2. Kyle Kuzma — 32.5%
3. Terry Rozier — 34.9%
4. Damian Lillard — 35.0%
5. Dejounte Murray — 35.1%
6. Anthony Edwards — 35.4%
7. Fred VanVleet — 35.6%
8. De’Aaron Fox — 36.2%
9. Max Strus — 36.3%
10. Tyrese Maxey — 36.9%
11. Kyrie Irving — 37.0%
12. Trey Murphy III — 37.1%

Which Player In The League Would You Trust The Least To Hit An Open Shot To Win The Game?
Like Reply
(04-17-2024, 02:56 PM)Scott41theMavs Wrote: How so?

Depends on contracts but say the Mavs package THJ+Green for Klay and Klay's starting number is at 20 million. That 9 mil extra should be enough to give the Mavs an 8-10 mil MLE to throw at DJJ. 

Mavs would be over the 1st apron but their roster is largely set till 2026.
Like Reply
(04-17-2024, 03:00 PM)SleepingHero Wrote: Depends on contracts but say the Mavs package THJ+Green for Klay and Klay's starting number is at 20 million. That 9 mil extra should be enough to give the Mavs an 8-10 mil MLE to throw at DJJ. 

Mavs would be over the 1st apron but their roster is largely set till 2026.

*obligatory wait for FGump to eviscerate my math cause I did this on a napkin and wasn't able to pull up any of the Mavs cap figures etc. *
[-] The following 1 user Likes SleepingHero's post:
  • DallasMaverick
Like Reply
(04-17-2024, 03:09 PM)SleepingHero Wrote: *obligatory wait for FGump to eviscerate my math cause I did this on a napkin and wasn't able to pull up any of the Mavs cap figures etc. *

your math is getting rid of Josh Green to sign DJJ
Like Reply