Thread Rating:
  • 11 Vote(s) - 3.91 Average
Trade & FA 2023-24: Booker Likes NYK? Vogel Out? Suns Imploding?
(04-16-2024, 02:42 PM)SkenfromLMF Wrote: I think THJ MIGHT be open to moving to a "get my shot" situation. He is an expiring contract and the best way to get paid on his next contract is to put up the numbers that say he is a solid #2 scoring threat. I would have rather that happen here over the last 2 seasons, but neither efficiency nor consistency is on his calling card. He needs to be in a situation where production trumps efficiency and the team does not suffer from his confidence. That is unfortunately not a team with Luka, Kyrie and our bigs. Shots do not gravitate to him as they have and his shooting (already on the border of average quality) dropped. I do appreciate THJ, but I also appreciate the fact that his salary cannot simply evaporate in the summer of '25.

THJ has to go and produce a return. How big a return that can be is the question. Bubble Timmy might be a revelation on all fronts.

THJ is not a bad player, but Dallas is not the right situation for him. Mavs need good defenders before anything else around Luka and Kyrie and THJ is not that. Mavs could also use another creator, especially when Luka or Kyrie don't play, but THJ is not that either. He is just a decent shooter able to shoot quickly and needs just little space to shoot it. A team with good defenders and lack of shooting could use him. Perhaps Detroit, for example.
Like Reply
(04-16-2024, 02:49 PM)omahen Wrote: THJ is not a bad player, but Dallas is not the right situation for him. Mavs need good defenders before anything else around Luka and Kyrie and THJ is not that. Mavs could also use another creator, especially when Luka or Kyrie don't play, but THJ is not that either. He is just a decent shooter able to shoot quickly and needs just little space to shoot it. A team with good defenders and lack of shooting could use him. Perhaps Detroit, for example.

Orlando
Like Reply
(04-16-2024, 02:53 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: omahen Wrote:
THJ is not a bad player, but Dallas is not the right situation for him. Mavs need good defenders before anything else around Luka and Kyrie and THJ is not that. Mavs could also use another creator, especially when Luka or Kyrie don't play, but THJ is not that either. He is just a decent shooter able to shoot quickly and needs just little space to shoot it. A team with good defenders and lack of shooting could use him. Perhaps Detroit, for example.

Orlando

Crazy as this might seem, NY might also qualify as a fit. If Timmy proved to be one of their top 5-6 players, Thibs would be the one to make sure there were no lack of minutes.
Like Reply
(04-16-2024, 02:42 PM)SkenfromLMF Wrote: He needs to be in a situation where production trumps efficiency and the team does not suffer from his confidence. 

Sounds like China to me.
Like Reply
(04-16-2024, 01:28 PM)mvossman Wrote: That is harsh.  To be honest, I'm glad we went the PJ route.  This team desperately needed a long term PF solution and Portis was not going to be that.

Pretty incredible that even a 6th-7th man on MIL saw that rumor and was like "WTF is this BS"

Grant's reputation has reached a new low. 

I was tentative about PJ but I agree he was definitely the best move they could've made at the TDL between all the options. I was for him in a trade but I was tentative and didn't want to include 2027 at all. Well so far I'm pretty glad that they did it.
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
Like Reply
(04-16-2024, 03:00 PM)SkenfromLMF Wrote: Crazy as this might seem, NY might also qualify as a fit. If Timmy proved to be one of their top 5-6 players, Thibs would be the one to make sure there were no lack of minutes.

Bojan for THJ who says no?

Bojan has barely gotten any burn in NYK. Shades of the Fournier trade.
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
Like Reply
NBACentral (@TheDunkCentral)
Danny Ainge says the Jazz are ready to make a big splash this summer

"We're ready to go big game hunting"
Like Reply
(04-16-2024, 03:00 PM)SkenfromLMF Wrote: Crazy as this might seem, NY might also qualify as a fit. If Timmy proved to be one of their top 5-6 players, Thibs would be the one to make sure there were no lack of minutes.

I chuckled at the Thibs joke there.
Like Reply
I'll eat crow on the PJ trade. I did know that a long decent bball player on both ends would look like a God send here...I was just pushing for Kuzma, because of length and scoring, or someone that was noticeable when I watched them play. PJ was never jumping off the screen when I watched Charlotte...and I bought NBA League Pass to watch LeMelo and Jokic games a couple of years ago.

PJ has been a great move. Dallas needed BASKETBALL players with modern NBA size. Also...have you seen his interviews...he is genuinely happy to be here....his eyes glow talking about it. His influencer wife even said so too. He and his family are happy here and the team is GOOD. Im happy for he and his fam.

I would love to know what Kuzma would have looked like here because of length and scoring. Assuming he wanted to give effort on defense. PJ has taken some ugly shots around the rim, as in clankers, but has been consistent all around good for us. He does PF things. Kuzma seems to want to do guard things on offense and not PF things on the offensive end...so maybe Kuzma would not have looked as good as PJ does here. Contract size not factored.

Its crazy what ACTUAL basketball players can do for Luka.
[-] The following 1 user Likes youzigizag's post:
  • Scott41theMavs
Like Reply
(04-16-2024, 04:25 PM)SleepingHero Wrote: NBACentral (@TheDunkCentral)

Seems pretty obvious, who the target will be, no traenslation necessary.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Mavs2021's post:
  • RGP1981
Like Reply
(04-16-2024, 04:25 PM)SleepingHero Wrote: NBACentral (@TheDunkCentral)

If Danny Ainge and the Jazz are not planning to make a real push to prise away my favorite Slovenian... there's nobody else that is worth them making a "big splash" for this summer. Is there?

So if that's not the case, I think they should instead tank really hard and try to get Cooper Flagg. 

Or if he means they'll trade Lauri Markkannen, Collin Sexton, John Collins and Jordan Clarkson away to get more potentially high lottery picks that they can send out with their own to move up for the #1 pick in 2025 (i.e., in case they end up with #2-#4), then that would be a good idea for the Jazz too.
Like Reply
(04-17-2024, 01:08 AM)Mavs2021 Wrote: Seems pretty obvious, who the target will be, no traenslation necessary.

Am I dumb? 

Who is available right now for the Jazz?

Trae Young? They're running it back with Donovan Mitchell?
Like Reply
[Image: 1780468093220745254_0.jpg?ex=6631d5e3&is...eight=1520]

Warriors could get below the 1st apron this summer if they get rid of CP3 and Klay and replace them with more reasonable salaries.
Like Reply
(04-17-2024, 01:08 AM)Mavs2021 Wrote: Seems pretty obvious, who the target will be, no traenslation necessary.

Klay?
Like Reply

(04-17-2024, 08:48 AM)SleepingHero Wrote: Am I dumb? 

Who is available right now for the Jazz?

Trae Young? They're running it back with Donovan Mitchell?

Let me try again. Wink 

To me Trae Young seems the only realistic target that would qualify as gettable and big. They desperately need a PG and they have enough assets to make this happen.

I don´t see Ainge chasing a 30+ year old player like PG13 or Harden or Klay. Mitchell makes no sense either. That would be a 12 months rental.

Also Taylor Hendricks has started to pick it up in the 2nd half of the season. Looks like a lottery pick afterall. Cool
Like Reply
(04-17-2024, 09:34 AM)Mavs2021 Wrote: Let me try again. Wink 

To me Trae Young seems the only realistic target that would qualify as gettable and big. They desperately need a PG and they have enough assets to make this happen.

I don´t see Ainge chasing a 30+ year old player like PG13 or Harden or Klay. Mitchell makes no sense either. That would be a 12 months rental.

Also Taylor Hendricks has started to pick it up in the 2nd half of the season. Looks like a lottery pick afterall. Cool

Can you build a winner around Trae?

His offensive talent is undeniable.  But the defense. Ugh. Historically bad.

I almost think his best slot on a contender would be sixth man. But his stature and salary don’t really allow for that.
Like Reply
(04-17-2024, 09:34 AM)Mavs2021 Wrote: Let me try again. Wink 

Clarification: Yes I am that dumb lol

Yeah I don't see the Jazz being very motivated for PG/Harden/Klay. Mitchell is been there done that territory. 

Their draft pick Keyonte George was pretty good too and can play a combo guard role pretty easily. 

Trae/George/----/Lauri/Kessler is a pretty solid starting lineup. They also have John Collins so they can basically recreate the Hawks of 2 years ago.
Like Reply
I think the Jazz will be aggressive this summer. They have an all star, some good young players and draft picks. The last two years have been a roller coaster. They were suppose to be awful last year but started off hot. Both years though they really faded and ended the seasons terribly. I am sure the fan base is a tad frustrated. The Wolves and Cavs picks could be really good or they just may be average. Some of the young players look like good long term bets, but they could also be young guys who are getting a lot of playing time for a losing team. Time will tell. I am not sure how they turn that team into where they are now and into a team that looks like a playoff team. They seem to be in a rough spot looking for another star with a tricky way of getting one.
Like Reply
Doesn’t Tim Hardaway Jr.’s inconsistency just irritate you?

We really need an A quality shooter who just hits a consistent percentage, night in and night out.

Like Klay!

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Like Reply
(04-17-2024, 10:30 AM)DallasMaverick Wrote: Doesn’t Tim Hardaway Jr.’s inconsistency just irritate you?

We really need an A quality shooter who just hits a consistent percentage, night in and night out.

Like Klay!

Its unwillingness to pass the ball and bad shot selection.

Klay doesnt possess those issues...and was once a good defender.
[-] The following 2 users Like youzigizag's post:
  • Scott41theMavs, SleepingHero
Like Reply