Thread Rating:
  • 11 Vote(s) - 3.91 Average
Trade & FA 2023-24: Booker Likes NYK? Vogel Out? Suns Imploding?
(02-08-2024, 04:26 PM)DallasMaverick Wrote: Dude!

If you stopped, then who would I lob Timmy grenades at when he’s shooting lights out?

You’d deprive me of that joy??

Much like Timmy I suppose those lobs would careen off the backboard unfortunately Smile

@esidery
Players involved in today’s trade deadline moves who will join the buyout market:

Spencer Dinwiddie
Marcus Morris
Joe Harris
Killian Hayes
Robin Lopez
Danuel House

Kyle Lowry, who was not dealt today by the Hornets, is expected to be bought soon as well.
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
[-] The following 1 user Likes SleepingHero's post:
  • DallasMaverick
Like Reply
I was a "stand pat" guy, but overall I do like what they did. They got rid of dead weight, added to positions of need, and kept all their young guys. They didn't trade for any 30+ year vets.

There's definitely a lot of risk baked in by trading the pick/pick swap, but the players they brought back are young enough to hopefully still have value in a few years. That's much better to me than trading picks for over the hill guys on their last legs like what's happened in the past. My biggest concern is that the last few trades always seem good on paper but end up fairing much worse. Hopefully that's not the case this time...

IMO, if this were a few years ago the Mavs would have still traded the pick, but it would have only been worth "one" thing: either getting rid of a bad salary, or getting PJ or Gafford. At the very least this front office seems to be better at stretching the value of limited assets.
[-] The following 4 users Like Jmaciscool's post:
  • MarkAguirreWrathofGod, Nowitzki Way, Smitty, The Jom
Like Reply
(02-08-2024, 04:37 PM)SleepingHero Wrote: Much like Timmy I suppose those lobs would careen off the backboard unfortunately Smile

@esidery
Players involved in today’s trade deadline moves who will join the buyout market:

Spencer Dinwiddie
Marcus Morris
Joe Harris
Killian Hayes
Robin Lopez
Danuel House

Kyle Lowry, who was not dealt today by the Hornets, is expected to be bought soon as well.

I think several more will "join the party". Thad Young was already released by BKN and I wouln't mind signing him. Solid locker room presence, another big wing body.
Like Reply
The best development of today: The deadline came and went without either Andrew Wiggins or Kyle Kuzma becoming Mavericks.
Like Reply
(02-08-2024, 05:07 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: The best development of today: The deadline came and went without either Andrew Wiggins or Kyle Kuzma becoming Mavericks.

Was shocking to see how many people around here that thought trading for Kuzma would be a good idea
[-] The following 2 users Like Jym's post:
  • KillerLeft, Smitty
Like Reply
(02-08-2024, 05:07 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: The best development of today: The deadline came and went without either Andrew Wiggins or Kyle Kuzma becoming Mavericks.

The deadline came without Wiggins or Kuzma changing teams.
Like Reply
(02-08-2024, 03:59 PM)BigDirk41 Wrote: You are correct sir. He had some spot starts. My bad.

But if I remember correctly, he closed quite a few games that year though.
“BE CURIOUS, NOT JUDGMENTAL…”
Like Reply
(02-08-2024, 05:25 PM)OBX Maverick Wrote: But if I remember correctly, he closed quite a few games that year though.

Yeah that was my mixup. He was closer.
Like Reply
(02-08-2024, 03:53 PM)StrandedOnBeauboisHill Wrote: Guys Dinwiddie is shooting less than 40% FROM THE FIELD this year. Ya he’s moody and maybe will get revived AGAIN next to Luka but we have much much better options.

I don’t think folks are appreciating how small a sample size Dinwiddies good shooting was here AND how he really only showed up for like 2 playoff games. If I have to watch Dinwiddie close out shooters like he’s drunk falling into the first row of the crowd again I’m going to be annoyed.

But he excels in the Mavs' system.

(02-08-2024, 05:21 PM)dirkfansince1998 Wrote: The deadline came without Wiggins or Kuzma changing teams.

Weird, on both accounts.  Would have loved either.
Like Reply
https://twitter.com/wojespn/status/1755724690549592285

Pacers waive Korkmaz and Cory Joseph.
Like Reply
https://twitter.com/ShamsCharania/status...7529565227

Hornets waive James Bouknight.
Like Reply
Our offseason deals will be as follows:

Gafford and 25 FRP for Deni Avdija

PJ Wash and 31 FRP for SnT Bridges

Edit: had to correct the 30 to 31 FRP.
[-] The following 1 user Likes ItsGoTime's post:
  • DallasMaverick
Like Reply
https://twitter.com/ShamsCharania/status...4951912814

Grizzlies waive Oladipo.
Like Reply
(02-08-2024, 06:55 PM)ItsGoTime Wrote: Our offseason deals will be as follows:

Gafford and 25 FRP for Deni Avdija

PJ Wash and 30 FRP for SnT Bridges

Those would be funny Smile
[-] The following 1 user Likes omahen's post:
  • ItsGoTime
Like Reply
Nico seems to be going for solid singles. Generally speaking:

Younger players
Players with reasonable contracts
Players that aren't "shiny" - meaning guys who don't seem to be peaking in value
Players with small-to-moderate egos
Players with small-to-moderate risk rather than potential home run/strikeout risk.
[-] The following 2 users Like DallasMaverick's post:
  • BigDirk41, Reunion Mav
Like Reply
(02-08-2024, 08:45 AM)surfpuckmd Wrote: Trading our 2027 1st to upgrade Grant Williams to PJ Washington is a losing move.  

We'd be so much wiser to just wait until the offseason and trade more draft capital for an actual good player like Jerami Grant.

I hate the PJ Washington trade.  I think PJ Washington looked like a good player with a bright future a few years ago.  He has since lost his ability to hit the 3 and no longer tries on defense.  He's bigger than Grant Williams.  He has long arms.   I can't say a lot of other nice things about him.  He's below average on offense and defense.  I hate this particular trade.  Maybe he'll be rejuvenated on a better team.  Maybe he'll decide to try on defense.  We might luck out.  

We were swindled by the Hornets.  Top-2 protection is worse than any scenario I thought was actually possible.  I thought lottery-protection was the worst possible outcome.  Mark Cuban dived beneath my lowest expectations.
Like Reply
@townbrad
Unconfirmed, but heard a rumbling that Dinwiddie plans to attend tonight's game, which, if true, is . . . interesting
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
[-] The following 2 users Like SleepingHero's post:
  • BigDirk41, The Jom
Like Reply
(02-08-2024, 07:12 PM)SleepingHero Wrote: @townbrad
Unconfirmed, but heard a rumbling that Dinwiddie plans to attend tonight's game, which, if true, is . . . interesting

Just wait until we hear that he flies back to Dallas on the team plane.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Tyler's post:
  • BigDirk41
Like Reply
[Image: 1755720592559337776.jpg?ex=65d7dab7&is=6...ee995ec02&]
Like Reply
(02-08-2024, 07:12 PM)SleepingHero Wrote: @townbrad

It's happening
Like Reply