Thread Rating:
  • 11 Vote(s) - 3.91 Average
Trade & FA 2023-24: OKC The Favorite For Nic Claxton Should He Leave BRK
(02-08-2024, 03:50 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: For sure, he's not. Maybe some, but not like some people are thinking.

He'd eat 100% of Hardy's, that's plain. We can debate whether or not that's a good thing. Since the Mavs have NO chance, whatsoever, of winning the title this year I think it's a bad thing, personally, as I'd want to skew towards developing the youngsters wherever possible. 

Ultimately, I kind of feel like Dinwiddie will find this situation a little too crowded and sign somewhere else, though he's a different sort of dude and did like it here, I think.

Completely disagree.  THJ is almost exclusively a spot up shooter.  He does nothing that Din can't do.  In comparison, THJ can't distribute or attack the basket like Din.  They're both average to below average defenders, with the exception of Hardaway's great ability to draw charges.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Ghost of Podkolzin's post:
  • BigDirk41
Like Reply
(02-08-2024, 04:00 PM)Ghost of Podkolzin Wrote: Completely disagree.  

I am utterly shocked. 

You're replying to me again. Why? I've asked nicely several times.
[-] The following 2 users Like KillerLeft's post:
  • Radical Mavs, StrandedOnBeauboisHill
Like Reply
(02-08-2024, 03:57 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: I totally agree, but you've wandered into a pack of THJ haters and don't appear to realize that you're surrounded, or that their knives are out. THJ haters, when grouped together, aren't really capable of thinking, so you're wasting your time and subjecting yourself to unnecessary ridicule. 

Just smile, nod and back away.

Certified THJ hater here. I'm with you on keeping Omax though Killer. I have high hopes for Omax.
[-] The following 1 user Likes BigDirk41's post:
  • KillerLeft
Like Reply
(02-08-2024, 04:06 PM)BigDirk41 Wrote: Certified THJ hater here. I'm with you on keeping Omax though Killer. I have high hopes for Omax.

You're fine, my guy. You guys just like to gang up on people who even try to make contrasting points in favor of THJ. It's the same with Powell. I meant it as a joke.
Like Reply
(02-08-2024, 04:08 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: You're fine, my guy. You guys just like to gang up on people who even try to make contrasting points in favor of THJ. It's the same with Powell. I meant it as a joke.

Oh I know. I just know I'm a THJ hater so just owning up. I love him when he's hot like everyone else. The cold THJ drives me insane. Since you mentioned it, I'll take THJ over Powell though Big Grin
[-] The following 1 user Likes BigDirk41's post:
  • KillerLeft
Like Reply
(02-08-2024, 03:53 PM)StrandedOnBeauboisHill Wrote: Guys Dinwiddie is shooting less than 40% FROM THE FIELD this year. Ya he’s moody and maybe will get revived AGAIN next to Luka but we have much much better options.

I don’t think folks are appreciating how small a sample size Dinwiddies good shooting was here AND how he really only showed up for like 2 playoff games. If I have to watch Dinwiddie close out shooters like he’s drunk falling into the first row of the crowd again I’m going to be annoyed.

94 games isn't a small sample size!!!
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
[-] The following 1 user Likes SleepingHero's post:
  • BigDirk41
Like Reply
When do we think the new guys will play their first game? I'm excited to see the new team.
[-] The following 3 users Like BigDirk41's post:
  • KillerLeft, RoyTarpleysGhost, SleepingHero
Like Reply
https://www.si.com/nba/mavericks/news/lu...e-deadline

Hope this will not happen with the new guys. i was afraid of this if Kuzma was trade it here
Like Reply
(02-08-2024, 04:09 PM)BigDirk41 Wrote: Oh I know. I just know I'm a THJ hater so just owning up. I love him when he's hot like everyone else. The cold THJ drives me insane. Since you mentioned it, I'll take THJ over Powell though Big Grin

Maybe we should recuse ourselves to a very small THJ-Powell-Kleber island. Far from the hate and emotional volatility. Where peace and wins abound.
[-] The following 1 user Likes DallasMaverick's post:
  • BigDirk41
Like Reply
(02-08-2024, 04:16 PM)DallasMaverick Wrote: Maybe we should recuse ourselves to a very small THJ-Powell-Kleber island. Far from the hate and emotional volatility. Where peace and wins abound.

I'll try my best. I am happy with the trades and it's a good thing we might be able to bring in more talent. Let's just hope Kidd can put it all together and make it work.
Like Reply
Id take Dinwiddie back, help cut down on Luka and Kyrie's minutes
[-] The following 1 user Likes Dova's post:
  • BigDirk41
Like Reply
(02-08-2024, 04:18 PM)BigDirk41 Wrote: Let's just hope Kidd can put it all together and make it work.

Kidd will be watching.
[-] The following 4 users Like WildArkieBoy's post:
  • BigDirk41, KillerLeft, RoyTarpleysGhost, SleepingHero
Like Reply
(02-08-2024, 04:16 PM)Radical Mavs Wrote: https://www.si.com/nba/mavericks/news/lu...e-deadline

Hope this will not happen with the new guys. i was afraid of this if Kuzma was trade it here

I didn’t hate the GWill fit at the 4 but I did mention he is a major clown. When he tried to talk shit to Jimmy Butler and then got cooked, it was pathetic. Same when he went imma hit both free throws and bricked them both. Same when he got ejected against the Suns recently. I think stars look at him and think clown. Why is this scrub running his mouth?
[-] The following 2 users Like RoyTarpleysGhost's post:
  • KillerLeft, Radical Mavs
Like Reply
I agree Mavs need another creator, but they need defense even more, imho. Exum is a far better fit than SD, imho. Good enough creator and probably the best defender on a team. THJ and Hardy already cover all of the offense only guard minutes. You can't keep paying THJ almost 20 mil and even further reduce his role and it would be sad not to give developmental player some minutes.

In any case, buyout guys shouldn't be the ones we would count to be some big minutes players. They should be guys giving us another dimension/option when things get tough. That is why I would go for many other options before SD. Hayes is a good defender, if we really need a guard. Would probably not consider Mavs, as it would be difficult to get minutes. Morris gives us another big body on the wing. Perhaps he can still generate some tough defense in spot minutes and he can do stuff ofensively.
[-] The following 2 users Like omahen's post:
  • DallasMaverick, KillerLeft
Like Reply
(02-08-2024, 04:16 PM)Radical Mavs Wrote: https://www.si.com/nba/mavericks/news/lu...e-deadline

Kind of makes sense. 

Williams is NOT as bad as he showed here, so I have no trouble buying that he was the odd man out and unhappy.
Like Reply
I feel like aside from my 4 page rant with Killer I've been pretty tame with my THJ hate...?

Is it becoming grating on others? If so I'll stop talking about him. Not worth ruffling others feathers. I too enjoy the mavs and want others to enjoy them as well.
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
[-] The following 2 users Like SleepingHero's post:
  • BigDirk41, Reunion Mav
Like Reply
(02-08-2024, 04:23 PM)SleepingHero Wrote: I feel like aside from my 4 page rant with Killer I've been pretty tame with my THJ hate...?

Is it becoming grating on others? If so I'll stop talking about him. Not worth ruffling others feathers. I too enjoy the mavs and want others to enjoy them as well.

Lol, no. It's probably only grating to me. I believe I am the sole surviving resident of THJ Island. SurfpuckMD comes to visit about once a month...brings me supplies and such. That's helpful, because the ferry to the mainland stopped running last year.
[-] The following 3 users Like KillerLeft's post:
  • BigDirk41, RasheedsBigWhiteSpot, SleepingHero
Like Reply
I like the players we ended up with. Should end the season strongly
But the future....yeah.
The Kyrie situation worries me. We'll probably need to use our remaining assets to get a replacement for him in a year or 2 not the 3rd option people are hoping for
[-] The following 2 users Like Jym's post:
  • From Dirk to Luka, omahen
Like Reply
(02-08-2024, 04:23 PM)SleepingHero Wrote: I feel like aside from my 4 page rant with Killer I've been pretty tame with my THJ hate...?

Dude!

If you stopped, then who would I lob Timmy grenades at when he’s shooting lights out?

You’d deprive me of that joy??
[-] The following 2 users Like DallasMaverick's post:
  • BigDirk41, SleepingHero
Like Reply

I’m also kinda bummed that the Powell hate has subsided a bit. 

We had a fairly brief season of Josh Green hate, but that seems to be over, also.

I suppose we can continue to hate the coach…

Maybe I’ll start praising Kidd’s greatness whenever they win, ascribing him sole credit. Fingernails on the blackboard to the haters!!
[-] The following 1 user Likes DallasMaverick's post:
  • BigDirk41
Like Reply