Thread Rating:
  • 11 Vote(s) - 3.91 Average
Trade & FA 2023-24: NOP Will Not Give Ingram an Extension
(02-08-2024, 03:37 PM)BigDirk41 Wrote: I would add that the Mavs are more in a win now mode than yesterday and Hardy getting less minutes is likely.

I'm not so sure I agree that's a given. And if it is, I don't really like it. He had finally been playing decently lately after a slow, slow start.
Like Reply
(02-08-2024, 03:38 PM)SleepingHero Wrote: Dallas can give $5,405,000 pro-rated- pretty sure the most of any team right now available.

@YossiGozlan
Some potential buyout players that would be free to sign with all teams:

Killian Hayes
Delon Wright
Otto Porter Jr.
Danuel House
Seth Curry
Shake Milton
Devonte Graham
Furkan Korkmaz
Patty Mills
Kira Lewis Jr.
Victor Oladipo
James Bouknight
Robin Lopez
Cory Joseph

I'd take any of Shake, Din, or OPJ (if he has anything left).  Lopez might be a better Powell version of Powell.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Ghost of Podkolzin's post:
  • BigDirk41
Like Reply
(02-08-2024, 03:30 PM)StrandedOnBeauboisHill Wrote: Mavs legends Roddy and Shane Larkin don’t leave enough minutes for him.

To be clear, I didn't bring him up because I want him on the Mavs, but, rather, it's telling that a team as desperate for talent like Detroit flat out gave up on a recent lotto pick. Just shows how bad their FO has been for so long.
[-] The following 3 users Like RasheedsBigWhiteSpot's post:
  • Ghost of Podkolzin, KillerLeft, StrandedOnBeauboisHill
Like Reply
Dinwiddie is not eating THJ’s minutes y’all.
[-] The following 1 user Likes StrandedOnBeauboisHill's post:
  • KillerLeft
Like Reply
https://hoopshype.com/rumor/mavericks-to...dinwiddie/
Like Reply
(02-08-2024, 03:42 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: I'm not so sure I agree that's a given. And if it is, I don't really like it. He had finally been playing decently lately after a slow, slow start.

I like Hardy personally, but there's going to be less minutes available now because small ball might go away, but at a minimum will be much less likely now with the Lively/Gafford duo. Playing small ball provides more minutes for the guards.

(02-08-2024, 03:45 PM)StrandedOnBeauboisHill Wrote: Dinwiddie is not eating THJ’s minutes y’all.

Thanks coach.
[-] The following 1 user Likes BigDirk41's post:
  • Ghost of Podkolzin
Like Reply
(02-08-2024, 03:45 PM)StrandedOnBeauboisHill Wrote: Dinwiddie is not eating THJ’s minutes y’all.

Confused
[-] The following 1 user Likes Ghost of Podkolzin's post:
  • Scott41theMavs
Like Reply
THJ is trash. Defending him is funny.
[-] The following 2 users Like BigDirk41's post:
  • Ghost of Podkolzin, Okstate819
Like Reply
Not even defending him. They play completely different roles.
Like Reply

For sure, he's not. Maybe some, but not like some people are thinking.

He'd eat 100% of Hardy's, that's plain. We can debate whether or not that's a good thing. Since the Mavs have NO chance, whatsoever, of winning the title this year I think it's a bad thing, personally, as I'd want to skew towards developing the youngsters wherever possible. 

Ultimately, I kind of feel like Dinwiddie will find this situation a little too crowded and sign somewhere else, though he's a different sort of dude and did like it here, I think.
Like Reply
(02-08-2024, 03:49 PM)StrandedOnBeauboisHill Wrote: Not even defending him. They play completely different roles.

That's the point.  We need the Din role with those minutes, not the THJ role.
[-] The following 2 users Like Ghost of Podkolzin's post:
  • BigDirk41, Okstate819
Like Reply
Guys Dinwiddie is shooting less than 40% FROM THE FIELD this year. Ya he’s moody and maybe will get revived AGAIN next to Luka but we have much much better options.

I don’t think folks are appreciating how small a sample size Dinwiddies good shooting was here AND how he really only showed up for like 2 playoff games. If I have to watch Dinwiddie close out shooters like he’s drunk falling into the first row of the crowd again I’m going to be annoyed.
[-] The following 1 user Likes StrandedOnBeauboisHill's post:
  • KillerLeft
Like Reply
The only real success the Luka Mavs have had was when Dinwiddie was starting and THJ was hurt. Let that sink in.
Like Reply
(02-08-2024, 03:50 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: For sure, he's not. Maybe some, but not like some people are thinking.

He'd eat 100% of Hardy's, that's plain. We can debate whether or not that's a good thing. Since the Mavs have NO chance, whatsoever, of winning the title this year I think it's a bad thing, personally, as I'd want to skew towards developing the youngsters wherever possible. 

Ultimately, I kind of feel like Dinwiddie will find this situation a little too crowded and sign somewhere else, though he's a different sort of dude and did like it here, I think.

Dinwiddie and Cuban have a bromance going. Wouldn’t surprise me if he’s back.
[-] The following 1 user Likes DallasMaverick's post:
  • BigDirk41
Like Reply
(02-08-2024, 03:53 PM)BigDirk41 Wrote: The only real success the Luka Mavs have had was when Dinwiddie was starting and THJ was hurt. Let that sink in.

Brunson had way more to do with that.
[-] The following 2 users Like mvossman's post:
  • KillerLeft, StrandedOnBeauboisHill
Like Reply
(02-08-2024, 03:49 PM)StrandedOnBeauboisHill Wrote: Not even defending him. They play completely different roles.

Right. Dinwiddie's potential role is much more important. Gives you the ability to always have two playmakers on the floor. 48 minutes of Luka/Kyrie, Luka/Dinwiddie, or Kyrie/Dinwiddie. Very similar to the WCF run.

If Kyrie or Luka is out, Dinwiddie proved he can step up into that role for us. 

THJs minutes would certainly decline.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Okstate819's post:
  • BigDirk41
Like Reply
(02-08-2024, 03:56 PM)mvossman Wrote: Brunson had way more to do with that.

I would argue THJ not playing also had a lot to do with that. I agree Brunson was huge.
Like Reply
(02-08-2024, 03:54 PM)DallasMaverick Wrote: Dinwiddie and Cuban have a bromance going. Wouldn’t surprise me if he’s back.

This is a concern.

(02-08-2024, 03:53 PM)BigDirk41 Wrote: The only real success the Luka Mavs have had was when Dinwiddie was starting and THJ was hurt. Let that sink in.

Dinwiddie didn’t start here.
Like Reply
(02-08-2024, 03:53 PM)StrandedOnBeauboisHill Wrote: Guys Dinwiddie is shooting less than 40% FROM THE FIELD this year. Ya he’s moody and maybe will get revived AGAIN next to Luka but we have much much better options.

I don’t think folks are appreciating how small a sample size Dinwiddies good shooting was here AND how he really only showed up for like 2 playoff games. If I have to watch Dinwiddie close out shooters like he’s drunk falling into the first row of the crowd again I’m going to be annoyed.

I totally agree, but you've wandered into a pack of THJ haters and don't appear to realize that you're surrounded, or that their knives are out. THJ haters, when grouped together, aren't really capable of thinking, so you're wasting your time and subjecting yourself to unnecessary ridicule. 

Just smile, nod and back away.
[-] The following 2 users Like KillerLeft's post:
  • MFFL, StrandedOnBeauboisHill
Like Reply
(02-08-2024, 03:57 PM)StrandedOnBeauboisHill Wrote: This is a concern.

Dinwiddie didn’t start here.

You are correct sir. He had some spot starts. My bad.
[-] The following 1 user Likes BigDirk41's post:
  • StrandedOnBeauboisHill
Like Reply