Thread Rating:
  • 11 Vote(s) - 3.91 Average
Trade & FA 2023-24: OKC The Favorite For Nic Claxton Should He Leave BRK
Man I really hope PJ Washington is good. My best knowledge of him is knocking up some IG woman and the drama around that.
Like Reply
(02-08-2024, 01:06 PM)dirkfansince1998 Wrote: 2027 first gone. Now we just need to figure out where the draft compensation for Gafford is coming from or if they found a way to split the 2027 first in a multi team trade.

Now back to figuring out the Gafford details:

Marc Stein
@TheSteinLine
The Mavericks are trading their last available first-round pick (2027) to Charlotte to acquire PJ Washington but have managed to realize their objective of keeping Josh Green out of the trade, league sources say.
[-] The following 4 users Like DanSchwartzgan's post:
  • BigDirk41, dirkfansince1998, KillerLeft, loki
Like Reply
PJ Washington and Gafford while keeping Green? That sounds like a nice haul.
[-] The following 4 users Like Winter's post:
  • BigDirk41, From Dirk to Luka, MarkAguirreWrathofGod, Smitty
Like Reply
Marc Stein
@TheSteinLine
League sources tell
@TheSteinLine
that Dallas is also acquiring Oklahoma City's second-least favorable first-round pick in the 2024 NBA Draft this June to send to Washington in the Richaun Holmes-for-Daniel Gafford trade.

Dallas adding PJ Washington and Gafford on deadline day.

Brad Townsend says 2027 has protections.
Like Reply
(02-08-2024, 01:12 PM)DanSchwartzgan Wrote: Marc Stein
@TheSteinLine
League sources tell
@TheSteinLine
that Dallas is also acquiring Oklahoma City's second-least favorable first-round pick in the 2024 NBA Draft this June to send to Washington in the Richaun Holmes-for-Daniel Gafford trade.

2027 going out. OKC first to Washington. Two Hornet 2nds to Dallas.

Do the Mavs keep the Hornets 2nds?
Like Reply
The Hornets will send P.J. Washington to the Mavericks in exchange for Grant Williams, Seth Curry and a first-round pick, tweets Shams Charania of The Athletic.

The pick will be Dallas’ 2027 selection, which will be top-two protected, Charania adds (Twitter link). In return, the Mavs will get two second-rounders from Charlotte, which could be used to help complete the Daniel Gafford trade with Washington.
Like Reply
Great move...even giving up that 1st rounder is fine with me. Too bad for GW and Seth going to a terrible team but at least they are from Charlotte so it's considered their hometown
[-] The following 1 user Likes SwisherPrice's post:
  • From Dirk to Luka
Like Reply
I still dont get what Dallas is sending to OKC for their FRP.
[-] The following 4 users Like ACMFFL's post:
  • BigDirk41, dirkfansince1998, From Dirk to Luka, Jmaciscool
Like Reply
I don't like trading our 27 pick, but they decided to load up and keep players to try to make a run. I can't be mad.
[-] The following 1 user Likes BigDirk41's post:
  • The Jom
Like Reply
(02-08-2024, 01:12 PM)DanSchwartzgan Wrote: Marc Stein
@TheSteinLine
League sources tell
@TheSteinLine

I hate paying to undo the Grant Williams mistake.  Just like a couple years ago when I tried to get myself excited about JRich, I wanted to give Grant a chance even though I poo-poo'd the very thought of it before it happened.  Just dreadful.  If it has protections, that makes it a little more palatable.
[-] The following 1 user Likes SweetFidelia's post:
  • BigDirk41
Like Reply
So the Hornets 2nds are staying with Dallas? Not going to Washington? If that is the case...

THJ + 2x Hornets 2nds + 2x Mavs 2nds for DFS + DSJ
[-] The following 2 users Like dirkfansince1998's post:
  • Okstate819, Wizemagic
Like Reply
So we now have a roster spot open as well! Love the idea of DoDo and DSJ coming back to Dallas for THJ and seconds!
Like Reply
So if you net the offseason and TDL, we sent a top 2 protected first and a pick swap to get PJ, Gafford and Omax. I can live with that.
[-] The following 5 users Like mvossman's post:
  • BigDirk41, DanSchwartzgan, KillerLeft, Scott41theMavs, Smitty
Like Reply
Well, I've got meetings most of the rest of the afternoon.

Nice hanging with you guys.

Depending on how the picks sort out, I think this will be the second time in a row Nico/Lindsey have met or surpassed my expectations.  Summer was unbelievable and I was hoping for a C/PF daily double.  This feels sooo much more creative than Mark's spreadsheet.
[-] The following 10 users Like DanSchwartzgan's post:
  • BigDirk41, DallasMaverick, KillerLeft, MFFL, michaeltex, mvossman, Radical Mavs, Smitty, Tyler, WillE
Like Reply
Doncic/Exum
Irving/THJ
Green/DJJ
Washington/Kleber
Lively/Gafford
[-] The following 3 users Like Mavs2021's post:
  • MFFL, mvossman, Smitty
Like Reply
(02-08-2024, 01:45 PM)Mavs2021 Wrote: Doncic/Exum
Irving/THJ
Green/DJJ
Washington/Kleber
Lively/Gafford

We might be the deepest team in the NBA right now.  That doesn't win championships, but its kind of cool, especially given the injury issues we have been having.
[-] The following 1 user Likes mvossman's post:
  • The Jom
Like Reply
(02-08-2024, 01:10 PM)DanSchwartzgan Wrote:  Now back to figuring out the Gafford details:

Marc Stein
@TheSteinLine
The Mavericks are trading their last available first-round pick (2027) to Charlotte to acquire PJ Washington but have managed to realize their objective of keeping Josh Green out of the trade, league sources say.

Also, amazingly, managed to keep Timmy out of the deal!!
[-] The following 1 user Likes DallasMaverick's post:
  • KillerLeft
Like Reply
Philly traded Pat Bev to MIlwaukee. A deal between two East rivals
Like Reply
(02-08-2024, 01:48 PM)DallasMaverick Wrote: Also, amazingly, managed to keep Timmy out of the deal!!

Nico for President!  (No, wait.  We need him here!  Cuban for President!)
[-] The following 2 users Like WildArkieBoy's post:
  • DallasMaverick, WillE
Like Reply
I’m pleasantly surprised and wrong. I thought it would be a quiet day or the Nets. Nice day for the Mavs I think. The PJ trade is risky. Still, aggressive teams win, passive teams don’t.
Like Reply