Thread Rating:
  • 11 Vote(s) - 3.91 Average
Trade & FA 2023-24: NOP Will Not Give Ingram an Extension
Gafford is a Mav
[-] The following 1 user Likes Okstate819's post:
  • RoyTarpleysGhost
Like Reply
Adrian Wojnarowski (@wojespn)
The Washington Wizards are nearing a deal to send Daniel Gafford to the Dallas Mavericks for Richaun Holmes and draft compensation, sources tell ESPN.

MAVS GET GAFFORD
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
[-] The following 2 users Like SleepingHero's post:
  • Okstate819, RoyTarpleysGhost
Like Reply
I like Gafford a lot, but did we just send a first for a backup center? Does this mean Lively is out for a while?
[-] The following 2 users Like mvossman's post:
  • KillerLeft, RoyTarpleysGhost
Like Reply
I like Gafford. Right now in the present, I think he’s just as good as Lively.

I would not trade a 1st for him because we have Lively but with Holmes going back, I’m guessing we did.
[-] The following 2 users Like RoyTarpleysGhost's post:
  • mvossman, SleepingHero
Like Reply
(02-08-2024, 11:24 AM)RoyTarpleysGhost Wrote: I like Gafford.  Right now in the present, I think he’s just as good as Lively.

As long as it’s not a 1st rd pick.

[Image: happy-yes.gif]

Exactly. There are two avenues here. Either the 2027 first or a combo of the 2 2nds. I don't think Gafford is worth a first. Which is why I'm celebrating.

Meaning I think its Holmes and some 2nds for Gafford.

Adrian Wojnarowski (@wojespn)
The Pistons are trading Bojan Bogdanovic to the Knicks too, sources tell ESPN. Evan Fournier and Malachi Flynn will go to Detroit.
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
[-] The following 1 user Likes SleepingHero's post:
  • From Dirk to Luka
Like Reply
Brad Townsend (@townbrad)
Can confirm @wojespn report that the Mavs and Wizards have agreed to parameters of a deal for Daniel Gafford. A significant an needed upgrade for center depth, but I’m told Mavs still very motivated to get wing help.
Like Reply
Exactly. There are two avenues here. Either the 2027 first or a combo of the 2 2nds. I don't think Gafford is worth a first. Which is why I'm celebrating.

Meaning I think its Holmes and some 2nds for Gafford.
[/quote]

I'm afraid those seconds would just to be getting off Holmes.  With Holmes going, its sure to be at least a pick swap, but probably the first.  Lets see what the protections are.  We got a first for taking on Holmes.  If its lottery protected then we are basically paying it back to get Gafford.  Its like we paid one first for Omax and Gafford, an easier way to look at it.
[-] The following 2 users Like mvossman's post:
  • DallasMaverick, From Dirk to Luka
Like Reply
Lively/Gafford 5 man rotation for the next few years is fantastic. Especially considering the contracts they are both on..... but I still want to see the draft compensation before celebrating.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Okstate819's post:
  • From Dirk to Luka
Like Reply
How about we add GWill and all of our draft capital and they add Deni?
[-] The following 1 user Likes mvossman's post:
  • SleepingHero
Like Reply
(02-08-2024, 11:33 AM)Okstate819 Wrote: Lively/Gafford 5 man rotation for the next few years is fantastic. Especially considering the contracts they are both on..... but I still want to see the draft compensation before celebrating.

Hoping it’s just a swap or a second, but great get for us!

Interesting that it is just Holmes. I believe we’re not done by any means. 

Something tells me we’re getting Wiggins since it shouldn’t take much to get him. May even use picks from this trade to help the Gafford trade.
[-] The following 1 user Likes jon.neal52's post:
  • SleepingHero
Like Reply
(02-08-2024, 11:40 AM)jon.neal52 Wrote: Hoping it’s just a swap or a second, but great get for us!

Something tells me we’re getting Wiggins since it shouldn’t take much to get him. May even use picks from this trade to help the Gafford trade.

Latest word was Warriors will not send out picks to get off Wiggins, and that Dallas was out of it.  Of course there has been little smoke for Gafford recently, so who knows.
[-] The following 1 user Likes mvossman's post:
  • From Dirk to Luka
Like Reply
Ya'll, as of this summer Holmes' value was a negative late FRP. I'd be shocked if it isn't a FRP.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Ghost of Podkolzin's post:
  • DallasMaverick
Like Reply
(02-08-2024, 11:40 AM)mvossman Wrote: How about we add GWill and all of our draft capital and they add Deni?

[Image: seinfeld-kramer.gif]
Like Reply
(02-08-2024, 11:40 AM)jon.neal52 Wrote: Hoping it’s just a swap or a second, but great get for us!

Wouldn't be surprised if they are currently looking for a third team to be included. Wouldn't explain why the draft compensation isn't communicated yet.
[-] The following 2 users Like WillE's post:
  • DallasMaverick, KillerLeft
Like Reply
Josh Mazur (@MazurFocus)
I’ve heard the Mavs were waiting for one deal to go through before moving on a trade with the Nets but the trade they just made with Washington makes the trade with Brooklyn seem unnecessary.

You never know though.

I love the NBA trade deadline.
Like Reply
Looks like we’re making a trade with OKC for the draft compensation needed in the Gafford trade.
[-] The following 1 user Likes jon.neal52's post:
  • From Dirk to Luka
Like Reply
(02-08-2024, 11:50 AM)jon.neal52 Wrote: Looks like we’re making a trade with OKC for the draft compensation needed in the Gafford trade.

Just saw that as well.  Very interested in what this is.
Like Reply
(02-08-2024, 11:52 AM)From Dirk to Luka Wrote: Just saw that as well.  Very interested in what this is.

Better be Timmy and not Green.
Like Reply
Just realized there have been five biggish trades already. *note to self* take vacation on deadline day
Like Reply
Anyone else seeing Omax and the first for DoDo?
Like Reply