Thread Rating:
  • 11 Vote(s) - 3.91 Average
Trade & FA 2023-24: NOP Will Not Give Ingram an Extension
(02-07-2024, 05:25 PM)Chicagojk Wrote: Trade deadline is the greatest. LOL

https://x.com/all_things_mavs/status/175...46770?s=46&t=iwQP5yZoJF3Ulzfb9MH7Cg

It hard to make out what he says. I think its a stretch that he said he's coming back.
Like Reply
(02-07-2024, 05:20 PM)Okstate819 Wrote: Ok now I'm piggybacking off the THJ to ORL idea although this would apply to any team that is willing to give up a real asset for him. The idea being to acquire a player or pick for THJ that appeals to either WAS or POR for Kuzma/Grant.

Dallas - Kuzma
Washington - Fultz (expiring), 2027 1st (Dal), 2025 1st (Den) via Orl
Orlando - THJ, Seth Curry, 2025 2nd Rd pick (Dal), 2028 2nd Rd pick (Dal)

Dallas gets there primary target
Washington gets expiring and the two 1sts they require
Orlando gets shooting, 2 2nds back

While not big time thrilled about the result for the Mavs, this is the sort of thing I think happens if something non-minor happens - use a third team's interest in THJ and/or GW to net us what we really want.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Scott41theMavs's post:
  • Okstate819
Like Reply
THJ —> IND
Hield —> PHI
Morris + Dal 1st + Hardy —> WAS
Kuzma —> DAL

Kuzma = expiring + young player + 1st. Same as Gordon package.
[-] The following 3 users Like vfromlmf's post:
  • BigDirk41, MarkAguirreWrathofGod, Smitty
Like Reply
(02-07-2024, 05:29 PM)vfromlmf Wrote: THJ —> IND
Hield —> PHI
Morris + Dal 1st + Hardy —> WAS
Kuzma —> DAL

Kuzma = expiring + young player + 1st. Same as Gordon package.

I don't get the infatuation with Kuzma. I haven't really watched him or the Wizards. I know him and Poole take all the shots in DC. Has he gotten better since his Laker days?
Like Reply
(02-07-2024, 06:22 PM)HoosierDaddyKidd Wrote: I don't get the infatuation with Kuzma. I haven't really watched him or the Wizards. I know him and Poole take all the shots in DC. Has he gotten better since his Laker days?

I think it is size and no major flaws to his game...he actually looks like a bball player with a bball in his hand.

He might be a non-winning player to some.   He is supposedly in a bad situation being asked to be #1 in Washington.   Question is if he likes cashing checks and chucking shots but not winning.

I think there are a few on this board that just want size with no major fundamental flaw in the players game.   Kuzma is that.   He might not fit the Luka offense perfectly...but finding players to fit Luka-ball seems difficult and all the ones we have used have weird flaws to their game.   I think trying a player that is not a perfect shooter but has a well rounded game with no major fundamental flaws, athletic and has size might actually end up working better than trying to find perfect fit guys.   We havent had success with perfect fit guys yet.

Im guilty of not knowing much about Kuzma other than you at least know hes on the floor when he plays. John Collins and PJ Washington you cant tell they are there. I am not saying we have to get Kuzma...I am suggesting get lengthier guys that look like they can play bball...not one trick ponies. Dont waste assets on mediocre players that you think will fit perfect...waste assets on guys that have talent and no glaring flaws. Washington and Collins are better all around players then we have...but are they worth wasting assets on?

6'9-6'10 is where the NBA is going.
[-] The following 1 user Likes youzigizag's post:
  • BigDirk41
Like Reply
(02-07-2024, 06:31 PM)youzigizag Wrote: I think it is size and no major flaws to his game..

His game is all major flaws. He is one of the lowest basketball IQ players in the entire NBA. It is really clear who has spent any time watching this guy and who hasn’t. No offense to anyone who disagrees, but Kuzma is maybe a top 10 player in the NBA that I would not want on my team. He is very dumb. I like smart players.
[-] The following 2 users Like KillerLeft's post:
  • From Dirk to Luka, Reunion Mav
Like Reply
(02-07-2024, 07:08 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: His game is all major flaws. He is one of the lowest basketball IQ players in the entire NBA. It is really clear who has spent any time watching this guy and who hasn’t. No offense to anyone who disagrees, but Kuzma is maybe a top 10 player in the NBA that I would not want on my team. He is very dumb. I like smart players.

Interesting. Definitely haven’t watched much Kuzma. One thing i do know is Luka doesn’t like low bbiq players. See WCS lol
[-] The following 1 user Likes Okstate819's post:
  • vfromlmf
Like Reply
(02-07-2024, 07:16 PM)Okstate819 Wrote: Interesting. Definitely haven’t watched much Kuzma. One thing i do know is Luka doesn’t like low bbiq players. See WCS lol

It’s worse than that. Luka and Kuzma have a history of sort of bickering at each other back-and-forth through the press.

Seriously, I can really not think of very many people who would be worse targets for the Mavericks. I can’t believe they’re actually interested. Were they to make a deal for Kyle Kuzma, I would probably yank back some of the respect I have given the front office recently. 

Even after watching Grant Williams suck here for half of the season, I’d still be more excited about keeping him in place and hoping he breaks out of the funk than I would be about adding Kyle Kuzma. He is a loser to the third degree.
Like Reply
(02-07-2024, 07:08 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: His game is all major flaws. He is one of the lowest basketball IQ players in the entire NBA. It is really clear who has spent any time watching this guy and who hasn’t. No offense to anyone who disagrees, but Kuzma is maybe a top 10 player in the NBA that I would not want on my team. He is very dumb. I like smart players.

I think team needs size/skill and needs to come off the Luka-perfect player a bit.  Especially Luka-perfect players with glaring flaws.

I dont want Luka-perfect players that are one-trick ponies.   Give me bball players...with a little size and willing to buy into what Mavs want to do.
Like Reply
Anyone who despises Hardaway as a player is going to hate Kuzma even more, in time. If the Mavericks give up assets for that clown I’m going to go SCORCHED EARTH.

(02-07-2024, 07:39 PM)youzigizag Wrote: I think team needs size/skill and needs to come off the Luka-perfect player a bit.  Especially Luka-perfect players with glaring flaws.

I dont want Luka-perfect players that are one-trick ponies.   Give me bball players...with a little size and willing to buy into what Mavs want to do.

Fine, but that’s not what Kuzma is. He is the opposite of a “bball player”… at least if I understand your meaning. Hardaway has a much higher basketball IQ than Kuzma. MUCH. Think about that for a second.
Like Reply
(02-07-2024, 07:40 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: Anyone who despises Hardaway as a player is going to hate Kuzma even more, in time. If the Mavericks give up assets for that clown I’m going to go SCORCHED EARTH.

That's actually the only flaw I can find in your logic. You like THJ...You hate Kuzma? Me thinks...

[Image: spiderman_point.png]
Like Reply
(02-07-2024, 07:21 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: It’s worse than that. Luka and Kuzma have a history of sort of bickering at each other back-and-forth through the press.

Seriously, I can really not think of very many people who would be worse targets for the Mavericks. I can’t believe they’re actually interested. Were they to make a deal for Kyle Kuzma, I would probably yank back some of the respect I have given the front office recently. 

Even after watching Grant Williams suck here for half of the season, I’d still be more excited about keeping him in place and hoping he breaks out of the funk than I would be about adding Kyle Kuzma. He is a loser to the third degree.

Based on his hair?  Because he is a scenester?

Something isnt adding up here.   I read this board and RealGM...there seem to be a lot of people claiming Kuzma is decent and has skill but loafs a lot of nights...but can play.   I associate that to the guy being disengaged because of his team.   And...maybe like Jerami Grant he chose that situation for money or for more usage.   Is it not worth trying to find out if the player wants new scenery and willing to buy into a new teams system?  

Seems like a lot of posts claiming PJ aint all that but a lot claiming Kuzma is when he wants to be per RealGM.

Im just over the fit guys that are average.  Hasnt seemed to work out for Dallas with these average skilled fit guys.
Like Reply
(02-07-2024, 07:47 PM)dirkfansince1998 Wrote: That's actually the only flaw I can find in your logic. You like THJ...You hate Kuzma? Me thinks...

[Image: spiderman_point.png]

I wouldn’t go so far to say “I like THJ.“ I don’t despise him the way the group think here requires me to, and I would like to think that I am able to see the good things about him for myself. It’s not his fault he has been the Mavericks’ third best player for so many years. I do feel sorry for him sometimes because I don’t think he deserves to be emblematic of everything people hate about the MBT.

But defending Hardaway does not require use of the ‘27 first and/or some other cool asset. He’s already here, already on a declining contract and that contract is already almost up. There are actually trades that could be made for Hardaway that would leave this board wishing they him back a few months in, I assure you.

(02-07-2024, 07:50 PM)youzigizag Wrote: Based on his hair?  Because he is a scenester?

Something isnt adding up here.   I read this board and RealGM...there seem to be a lot of people claiming Kuzma is decent and has skill but loafs a lot of nights...but can play.   I associate that to the guy being disengaged because of his team.   And...maybe like Jerami Grant he chose that situation for money or for more usage.   Is it not worth trying to find out if the player wants new scenery and willing to buy into a new teams system?  

Seems like a lot of posts claiming PJ aint all that but a lot claiming Kuzma is when he wants to be per RealGM.

Im just over the fit guys that are average.  Hasnt seemed to work out for Dallas with these average skilled fit guys.

Believe what you want. I don’t care about convincing you. Sorry I replied. Don’t worry, I won’t do it again.

Trust me, or don’t. Kuzma suuuuuuuuuuuuuuucks.
[-] The following 1 user Likes KillerLeft's post:
  • dirkfansince1998
Like Reply
(02-07-2024, 07:52 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: I wouldn’t go so far to say “I like THJ.“ I don’t despise him the way the group think here requires me to, and I would like to think that I am able to see the good things about him for myself. It’s not his fault he has been the Mavericks’ third best player for so many years. I do feel sorry for him sometimes because I don’t think he deserves to be emblematic of everything people hate about the MBT.

But defending Hardaway does not require use of the ‘27 first and/or some other cool asset. He’s already here, already on a declining contract and that contract is already almost up. There are actually trades that could be made for Hardaway that would leave this board wishing they him back a few months in, I assure you.

Believe what you want. I don’t care about convincing you. Sorry I replied. Don’t worry, I won’t do it again.

Trust me, or don’t. Kuzma suuuuuuuuuuuuuuucks.

Do you think Mavs' could win with THJ, Dwight and DFS?

What is the common theme there?
Like Reply
@esidery
The asking price for Andre Drummond is at least multiple second-round picks, per
@JakeLFischer
(https://sports.yahoo.com/nba-trade-deadl...12165.html).

The Bulls have had dialogue with the Mavericks, Sixers and Suns about Drummond.
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
Like Reply
Not to be overly negative but my takeaway from the first half of the Raptors-Hornets game is that the corpse of Thad Young is looking just as good/bad as PJ Washington.
Like Reply
@MavsFilmRoom
“The Washingtons and Charlottes— they’re trying to prey on pressure. They are hoping that Dallas is feeling pressure to make some sort of upgrade.”

-@TheSteinLine on @971TheFreak earlier today

(02-07-2024, 05:25 PM)Okstate819 Wrote: https://x.com/brittcoco13/status/1755352...31005?s=46

Ok I'm in. Give me my God King DFS back. 

How about a radical trade? I know it might not seem realistic but you never know!

THJ+Holmes+2027 first for Dinwiddie+DFS.

Big Grin
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
[-] The following 2 users Like SleepingHero's post:
  • MFFL, rocky164
Like Reply
(02-07-2024, 08:08 PM)youzigizag Wrote: Do you think Mavs' could win with THJ, Dwight and DFS?

What is the common theme there?

He literally just said he is not going to respond to you anymore so why are you asking him questions?
[-] The following 2 users Like mvossman's post:
  • MFFL, Radical Mavs
Like Reply
(02-07-2024, 08:22 PM)SleepingHero Wrote: @MavsFilmRoom
“The Washingtons and Charlottes— they’re trying to prey on pressure. They are hoping that Dallas is feeling pressure to make some sort of upgrade.”

-@TheSteinLine on @971TheFreak earlier today

Ok I'm in. Give me my God King DFS back. 

How about a radical trade? I know it might not seem realistic but you never know!

THJ+Holmes+2027 first for Dinwiddie+DFS.

Big Grin

I would love DFS back.   I just don't see it happening.  Unless they have a strange fascination with bulky smallish Power Forwards.  I had a dream that we could trade Hardaway to Orlando for their first from Denver this year and Fultz and use that for DFS.  Although I read the Nets don't want a late first or a pick in the 2024 draft for DFS.   Plus, Hardaway may not have a lot of suitors.   

BTW, what has happened to Dinwiddle?  He looks broken.   His numbers have been bad recently.   If Kyrie can stay sane and healthy, Brooklyn may not have much to show for that trade.
Like Reply
Kuzma is going off tonight. Should be a Mav tomorrow  Big Grin
Like Reply