Thread Rating:
  • 11 Vote(s) - 3.91 Average
Trade & FA 2023-24: NOP Will Not Give Ingram an Extension
Wondering about a possible trade building off of Dans idea where the main meat and potatoes of a PJ deal is THJ+something+pick swap.

I've beaten this idea down to the ground but THJ to Orlando for their Denver 1st, then flip that to Charlotte without a swap for PJ and a 2nd.

Then use 3 2nds to get Drummond.

Trade 1:
Charlotte: Hardy+Harris+2025 DEN 1st
Orlando: THJ
Dallas: PJ+ CHA 2nd

Trade 2:
Chicago: 3 2nds
Dallas: Drummond into the TPE
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
[-] The following 1 user Likes SleepingHero's post:
  • Nowitzki Way
Like Reply
(02-07-2024, 04:14 PM)SleepingHero Wrote: Wondering about a possible trade building off of Dans idea where the main meat and potatoes of a PJ deal is THJ+something+pick swap.

I've beaten this idea down to the ground but THJ to Orlando for their Denver 1st, then flip that to Charlotte without a swap for PJ and a 2nd.

Then use 3 2nds to get Drummond.

Trade 1:
Charlotte: Hardy+Harris+2025 DEN 1st
Orlando: THJ
Dallas: PJ

Trade 2:
Chicago: 3 2nds
Dallas: Drummond into the TPE

This is great but I just have to believe if Orlando wanted THJ they would’ve pursued it by now. We’ve been shopping him for 2 years and Orl has needed shooting the entire time. Again, like this idea though.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Okstate819's post:
  • SleepingHero
Like Reply
(02-07-2024, 04:21 PM)Okstate819 Wrote: This is great but I just have to believe if Orlando wanted THJ they would’ve pursued it by now. We’ve been shopping him for 2 years and Orl has needed shooting the entire time. Again, like this idea though.

Yeah I've beaten the idea to death and there hasn't been literally any smoke there. But it just makes too much  sense to me. THJ is from Florida. His dad is a big part of Orlando's franchise history. Mosley is there so there's a connection there too.

Maybe Nico pulls a rabbit out of the hat though!
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
  • Okstate819
Like Reply
(02-07-2024, 04:13 PM)Chicagojk Wrote: Would your trade Hardaway and two seconds for the Detroit Bogdanovich?  Detroit would want more and can probably get more.  Bogdanovich has a player option after this year I believe.  I think he would want to go somewhere who is more ready to win.

I would.  It doesn't get you rebounding/defense, but it adds playmaking and upgrades THJ's shooting.  I think you'd get a better version of Josh playing with BB and the ball movement he would create (and visa versa).

Detroit gave up a pretty nice second rounder for RFA Fontecchio.  So, there is probably some plan for him.  He's probably a cheaper Alec Burks replacement or maybe having him allows you to trade Bogdanovic.  The more Thompson's role grows, the more they need shooting.

Edit:  I hadn't seen the Monte Morris news when I wrote this.
Like Reply
(02-07-2024, 04:25 PM)SleepingHero Wrote: Yeah I've beaten the idea to death and there hasn't been literally any smoke there. But it just makes too much  sense to me. THJ is from Florida. His dad is a big part of Orlando's franchise history. Mosley is there so there's a connection there too.

Maybe Nico pulls a rabbit out of the hat though!

With the 76ers getting closer to a Buddy Hield deal. THJ might be the way to go for Orlando.
Like Reply
Minnesota traded for Morris from Detroit

Milton, Brown and only 1 SRP. Good deal for Minny
Like Reply
@esidery
The Sixers are “aggressively” pursuing Buddy Hield, but the Pacers are not enticed by the assets Philadelphia is offering, per
@ChrisBHaynes
(https://bleacherreport.com/post/nba-rumo...4f6e789959).

A three-team trade between Philadelphia, Indiana and another team is something to monitor.

[Image: s1ykcrnyi7hc1.jpeg]

Maybe there's a chance!!
  • Okstate819
Like Reply
What are the 76ers offering? Would they take THJ instead of Hield?
Like Reply
(02-07-2024, 04:45 PM)dirkfansince1998 Wrote: What are the 76ers offering? Would they take THJ instead of Hield?

Pacers might want Timmy if there’s sending out Hield
Like Reply
Good trade for Minnesota. They got Monte Morris for nothing. They needed a back up PG.
Like Reply
(02-07-2024, 04:45 PM)dirkfansince1998 Wrote: What are the 76ers offering? Would they take THJ instead of Hield?

lol probably Morris.
Like Reply
(02-07-2024, 04:47 PM)Smitty Wrote: Pacers might want Timmy if there’s sending out Hield

Is Toppin anything these days?

I know he was a lob threat coming into league...looks like he has started hitting 3s.

Whats his defense like?
Like Reply
(02-07-2024, 04:47 PM)Smitty Wrote: Pacers might want Timmy if there’s sending out Hield

Philly has an apron issue, so they can't send out much less than what Hield makes.  So, even Hield for Morris Sr. requires another minor contract according to Fanspo.

I'd be interested in Obi Toppin as our poor man's PJ Washington depending on the rest of the deal.  Third team needs to take Morris (which means they value an expiring contract and has something Indy wants).
Like Reply
(02-07-2024, 04:51 PM)vfromlmf Wrote: lol probably Morris.

Yes.  Morey is very creative and typically finds a good move.  He must be annoying to deal with though.  He is the guy in fantasy who looks for the trade so in his favor that it is not worth to get him on the phone.  I just wouldn’t look to do business with him. LOL
Like Reply
22 hours to the deadline.

Methinks the Mavs will not be able to get one of their big fish targets (and have hopefully thought better of that bloody Wiggins idea), but will do a small move. If they do end up doing something as big as was speculated earlier, it will obviously be a three-teamer at least.
Like Reply
(02-07-2024, 05:09 PM)Scott41theMavs Wrote: 22 hours to the deadline.

Methinks the Mavs will not be able to get one of their big fish targets (and have hopefully thought better of that bloody Wiggins idea), but will do a small move. If they do end up doing something as big as was speculated earlier, it will obviously be a three-teamer at least.

Its starting to look like something very minor or nothing at all.  And i think most of us are ok with that.

There are no 2nd/3rd star types available that warrant us giving up the 27 1st rounder or Josh Green or any other assets.

Personally i'd love to trade THJ. I'd rather him be off this team. I'd even be ok with getting picks back for him. No players.  But if we can add someone with size/rebounding then great.

I dont see any Kuzma or Wiggins type trades.  Bruce Brown will goes to a contender for a 1st rounder. 

Maybe the price for P.J. comes down.. I thnk this will be a quiet deadline for the Mavs.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Nowitzki Way's post:
  • From Dirk to Luka
Like Reply
Ok now I'm piggybacking off the THJ to ORL idea although this would apply to any team that is willing to give up a real asset for him. The idea being to acquire a player or pick for THJ that appeals to either WAS or POR for Kuzma/Grant.

Dallas - Kuzma
Washington - Fultz (expiring), 2027 1st (Dal), 2025 1st (Den) via Orl
Orlando - THJ, Seth Curry, 2025 2nd Rd pick (Dal), 2028 2nd Rd pick (Dal)

Dallas gets there primary target
Washington gets expiring and the two 1sts they require
Orlando gets shooting, 2 2nds back
[-] The following 1 user Likes Okstate819's post:
  • Smitty
Like Reply
https://x.com/brittcoco13/status/1755352...31005?s=46
Like Reply
Trade deadline is the greatest. LOL

https://x.com/all_things_mavs/status/175...46770?s=46&t=iwQP5yZoJF3Ulzfb9MH7Cg
[-] The following 1 user Likes Chicagojk's post:
  • Okstate819
Like Reply
(02-07-2024, 04:18 PM)RGP1981 Wrote: Honestly, when reading the last couple of pages and seeing the number of fans who are in favor of standing pat.... I don't really know what to say. This team is in year 6 of Luka, and no closer to a title than his first year here. I can't understand it, I wish I did, so then I could atleast raise a glass to y'all and say cheers, we all on the same page, Luka is going to lead us to the promised land, by himself. :'D

That old saying is so apt here... the people get the government they deserve. You all deserve Cuban.

For me, I'm just wishing that Luka forces a way to Utah. Danny Ainge will build a proper team around him in 6 months flat.

If the choice is between standing pat vs making a trade JUST TO MAKE A TRADE? 

Then I'm team standing pat all the way. Especially since 99% of the players being mentioned don't move the needle in an appreciable way
[-] The following 1 user Likes MFFL's post:
  • Jmaciscool
Like Reply