Thread Rating:
  • 11 Vote(s) - 3.91 Average
Trade & FA 2023-24: NOP Will Not Give Ingram an Extension
Bill Reiter (@sportsreiter)
Sources tell @CBSsports that a complicating factor on whether or not the Lakers acquire an impact player in the next 24 hours is the belief within the organization they could have a chance to acquire Donovan Mitchell this summer. Knicks also could be in play.
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
Like Reply
(02-07-2024, 01:48 PM)vfromlmf Wrote: THJ —> IND
Hield—> PHI
Morris —> DAL

This is next level Timmy hate.

(02-07-2024, 01:55 PM)vfromlmf Wrote: Morris would start. GWill and DJJ backup. Morris can make an open 3. Bang. Defend. He’s not the player he was but his expiring deal give Mavs more flexibility. When healthy, Mavs don’t need what THJ does. Morris + GWill + DJJ 20 min +/- apiece

Morris would not start.  He would sit on the bench with his brother.  He is completely done.
[-] The following 3 users Like mvossman's post:
  • BigDirk41, From Dirk to Luka, vfromlmf
Like Reply
Evan Sidery (@esidery)
With the Jazz trading Simone Fontecchio to the Pistons, three more players on their roster are generating legit interest from multiple contenders:

Jordan Clarkson
Kelly Olynyk
Kris Dunn

Keep an eye on Utah over the next 24 hours to see if they fully pivot into selling mode.

Evan Sidery (@esidery)
The Cavaliers are interested in trading for Royce O’Neale, per @ChrisFedor (https://www.cleveland.com/cavs/2024/02/w...dline.html).

It should also be noted O’Neale is good friends with Donovan Mitchell.

Cleveland has won 14 of their last 15 games as they look to make a move to bolster their rotation.
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
Like Reply
I’ll admit I have no ide if Morris has anything left. I’ve never liked him tbh.

Not saying I like the deal either btw.
[-] The following 1 user Likes vfromlmf's post:
  • SleepingHero
Like Reply
(02-07-2024, 02:20 PM)mvossman Wrote: This is next level Timmy hate.

Morris would not start.  He would sit on the bench with his brother.  He is completely done.

It should say something that me, the guy who thinks the Mavs would be better without THJ at all, is questioning this deal.
[-] The following 2 users Like SleepingHero's post:
  • BigDirk41, vfromlmf
Like Reply
I can't tell if it's good or bad that all these small deals are popping off early.
Like Reply
It kind of falls in line from past TDL. Most deals happen on Thursday anyways
Like Reply
(02-07-2024, 08:55 AM)DanSchwartzgan Wrote: Hardaway hasn't come close to sniffing the closing lineups either of the last two nights.  He did another 'Hardaway waive' from near the paint midway through the 4th not making any real effort to anticipate a pass or close out.  A minute later he missed a 3 and was done with six minutes left.  The night before Kidd sat him the final 9 minutes.  

Thank you for this. Seriously LOLd hard when I read “Hardaway waive” earlier.  (Can’t login/post on my phone)

That’s exactly what’s been driving me nuts.
[-] The following 3 users Like RoyTarpleysGhost's post:
  • From Dirk to Luka, Scott41theMavs, Tyler
Like Reply
@TheDunkCentral
The New Orleans Pelicans are a sleeper team for Dejounte Murray, per
@ChrisBHaynes

@TheDunkCentral
Acquiring Andre Drummond might require three second-round picks, and there could be a team willing to offer a first-round pick, per
@ChrisBHaynes
Like Reply
Honestly thinking about it, I'd rather just pivot to Wiggins than pay a 1st or even a swap for PJ

I just don't see the value of getting PJ for a first.

Wiggins is not great right now, he's still averaging 12ppg. He's shot 40% from 3 the last month. I think the value there for Wiggins
Like Reply
Drummond please. He basically fixes exactly what we need...a better backup big and rebounding.
Like Reply
Two friends in the forest getting chased by bear. First guy doesn’t have to be faster than the bear. He just has to be faster than his friend

Morris vs GWill

Who provides more of what the Mavs need? Honest question. I have no idea.
Like Reply
(02-07-2024, 03:34 PM)vfromlmf Wrote: Two friends in the forest getting chased by bear. First guy doesn’t have to be faster than the bear. He just has to be faster than his friend

Morris vs GWill

Who provides more of what the Mavs need? Honest question. I have no idea.

It is 1,000,000 times more likely that Williams will work his way out of this funk and be the player the Mavs thought they were buying than it is that Morris will be helpful.
[-] The following 7 users Like KillerLeft's post:
  • BigDirk41, From Dirk to Luka, mvossman, Scott41theMavs, StrandedOnBeauboisHill, vfromlmf, WillE
Like Reply
Evan Sidery
@esidery
The Knicks and Pistons have been in trade discussions around Alec Burks, per
@wojespn
on NBA Today.

Burks has previously played in New York under Tom Thibodeau before going to Detroit.
Like Reply
(02-07-2024, 03:38 PM)RGP1981 Wrote: KillerLeft as the hots for O-Max.

I really do...

[Image: bugs-bunny-heart-eyes-9u3i210r6dbi5v8g.gif]
[-] The following 5 users Like KillerLeft's post:
  • BigDirk41, From Dirk to Luka, MFFL, RGP1981, SleepingHero
Like Reply
I was in favor of Drummond this offseason . Not sure I would give up two seconds for him now. Players like him are begging for jobs in the offseason. Mavs can upgrade at center, but they are solid there. lovely is the starter. Maxi and Dwight are the backups and Holmes can play when needed. Not sure I would give up two seconds for a short term improvement
[-] The following 1 user Likes Chicagojk's post:
  • MFFL
Like Reply
Evan Sidery
@esidery
@wojespn
on NBA Today.

Burks has previously played in New York under Tom Thibodeau before going to Detroit.
Like Reply
(02-07-2024, 03:48 PM)SleepingHero Wrote: Evan Sidery
@esidery
@wojespn
on NBA Today.

I think "previously played for Tom Thibodeau" is the main thing Tom Thibodeau looks for in players.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Jmaciscool's post:
  • MarkAguirreWrathofGod
Like Reply
(02-07-2024, 03:52 PM)Jmaciscool Wrote: I think "previously played for Tom Thibodeau" is the main thing Tom Thibodeau looks for in players.

They already signed/waived Taj Gibson earlier in the season. One would think that at some point no player from his Bulls days remains but he still has some options. Butler is still going strong. Rose and McDermott are role players. And if nothing else works he can still pick up free agents like Gibson or Augustin.
[-] The following 1 user Likes dirkfansince1998's post:
  • Jmaciscool
Like Reply
Would your trade Hardaway and two seconds for the Detroit Bogdanovich? Detroit would want more and can probably get more. Bogdanovich has a player option after this year I believe. I think he would want to go somewhere who is more ready to win.
Like Reply