Thread Rating:
  • 11 Vote(s) - 3.91 Average
Trade & FA 2023-24: NOP Will Not Give Ingram an Extension
(02-07-2024, 12:43 PM)DallasMaverick Wrote: In most negotiations, the most desperate party is willing to flex most on price.

Also in most negotiations, each party wishes to conceal their level of desperation.

How desperate is Dallas to acquire PJ?

How desperate is Charlotte to dispose of PJ?

Things that we outsiders can only speculate about.

Mavs need and want a PF and have been asking Charlotte about PJ. Charlotte doesn't have any need to trade PJ. He is under contract, is a nice piece you can plug in in most of lineups. 

Who sounds more desperate here? Smile
[-] The following 1 user Likes omahen's post:
  • Okstate819
Like Reply
(02-07-2024, 11:00 AM)KillerLeft Wrote: Of all the options we’ve talked about, Jeremi Grant is the one for whom I’d be most willing to give up real assets.

I know he’s not available now, but that is the level of player I think they should be targeting. You either hope he comes available right at the last minute tomorrow or keep your powder dry for the next time a guy like that is available, in my humble opinion.

Alternatively, I would love a deal for somebody like PJ Washington, but not at the cost of anything too dear to me.

I will second this. Also, looking at POR cap sheet next year with  Ayton(34 mill), Grant(29.7), Simons(25), Brogdon (22)..... Its hard to believe they wouldnt be looking to move Grant and Brogdon considering they are almost in the tax for one of the worst teams in basketball.
Like Reply
(02-07-2024, 12:50 PM)omahen Wrote: Mavs need and want a PF and have been asking Charlotte about PJ. Charlotte doesn't have any need to trade PJ. He is under contract, is a nice peace you can plug in in most of lineups. 

Who sounds more desperate here? Smile

Pretty much what I started telling myself yesterday...

Every team knows we need that front court 4 player and is going to hold us hostage for the 4 that fits our system.

I think Nico and Lindsey stay put.   Even if consensus inside the MBT is that Josh needs to be moved...Id wait until the summer and use him and THJ plus draft assets for a higher caliber 4 than PJ...assuming one is available.  I dont think Im using Josh to acquire PJ.
[-] The following 1 user Likes youzigizag's post:
  • From Dirk to Luka
Like Reply
Philly Sixers Galaxy (@sixers_galaxy)
Buddy Hield has been described as “one known target” for the #Sixers ahead of the trade deadline, per @JakeLFischer.

“Philadelphia is exploring conversations with a variety of teams, but one known target for the Sixers is Pacers guard Buddy Hield, sources told Yahoo Sports. Hield’s $18.5 million dollar salary would be a match for several of the Sixers’ expiring contracts.”

(02-07-2024, 11:35 AM)omahen Wrote: Seems like Stein is saying in his chat the cost for PJ would not only be Green but also the first.

[Image: IMG_7453.jpg?ex=65d62a7a&is=65c3b57a&hm=...height=416]

The Hornets are invariably insane if they're asking this for PJ Washington LOL
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
[-] The following 1 user Likes SleepingHero's post:
  • From Dirk to Luka
Like Reply
THJ is Hield on a better contract. Marcus Morris. Batum.
Like Reply
(02-07-2024, 12:55 PM)youzigizag Wrote: Pretty much what I started telling myself yesterday...

Every team knows we need that front court 4 player and is going to hold us hostage for the 4 that fits our system.

I think Nico and Lindsey stay put.   Even if consensus inside the MBT is that Josh needs to be moved...Id wait until the summer and use him and THJ plus draft assets for a higher caliber 4 than PJ...assuming one is available.  I dont think Im using Josh to acquire PJ.

Exactly. You can still pay this crazy price in the summer, if there is nothing better Smile

Utah trading Fontecchio to Detroit for just one SRP. Good deal for Detroit, imho

Fontecchio has been quietly a very good 3-D wing. Surprised contenders didn't offer more for him
[-] The following 2 users Like omahen's post:
  • From Dirk to Luka, MarkAguirreWrathofGod
Like Reply
(02-07-2024, 12:59 PM)vfromlmf Wrote: THJ is Hield on a better contract. Marcus Morris. Batum.

THJ as two years left. Hield is expiring and therefore has the more attractive contract.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Okstate819's post:
  • From Dirk to Luka
Like Reply
Detroit SRP is actually same value or even better than late FRP, so perhaps not that bad of a deal for Utah
[-] The following 1 user Likes omahen's post:
  • From Dirk to Luka
Like Reply
Adrian Wojnarowski (@wojespn)
Kevin Knox, 2024 second-round pick via Wizards and draft rights to Gabriele Procida to go Jazz in deal, sources tell ESPN.

James L. Edwards III (@JLEdwardsIII)
The Pistons are trading Kevin Knox, per sources.
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
Like Reply
(02-07-2024, 01:05 PM)Okstate819 Wrote: THJ as two years left. Hield is expiring and therefore has the more attractive contract.

How much do you think Hield will get on his next contract?

Similar to THJ?
Like Reply
Sixers not shedding salary. THJ is locked up, declining. Hield wants a raise. THJ contract is better for many contenders unless expiring drops below 2nd apron. That’s also why I think IND might prefer THJ to Hield. That would give DAL the option to shop Hield’s expiring or THJ’s declining. Is INd cooperating?
Like Reply
(02-07-2024, 01:06 PM)omahen Wrote: Detroit SRP is actually same value or even better than late FRP, so perhaps not that bad of a deal for Utah

It definitely is going to be a top 3 pick in the 2nd round. It has value for sure.
Like Reply
(02-07-2024, 01:09 PM)DallasMaverick Wrote: How much do you think Hield will get on his next contract?

Similar to THJ?

Neither will make what they do now. Its sort of irrelevant. Philly would value the flexibility this summer.

(02-07-2024, 01:12 PM)vfromlmf Wrote: Sixers not shedding salary. THJ is locked up, declining. Hield wants a raise. THJ contract is better for many contenders unless expiring drops below 2nd apron

Philly is going big name hunting this offseason with only Embid under contract and Maxey a RFA.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Okstate819's post:
  • vfromlmf
Like Reply
(02-07-2024, 12:43 PM)DallasMaverick Wrote: In most negotiations, the most desperate party is willing to flex most on price.

Also in most negotiations, each party wishes to conceal their level of desperation.

How desperate is Dallas to acquire PJ?

How desperate is Charlotte to dispose of PJ?

Things that we outsiders can only speculate about.

Dallas certainly isn't desperate enough to give up Green or a first.  Most of the team's problems stem from injuries and coaching.  They could upgrade the 4, but a 10 win team is in very little position to demand a lot.  Esp for a 13/5 guy that is coming off the bench.  

The reality is this has a very, very low chance of happening.
[-] The following 3 users Like Moviemavguy's post:
  • KillerLeft, MarkAguirreWrathofGod, Smitty
Like Reply
THJ —> IND
Hield—> PHI
Morris —> DAL
Like Reply
(02-07-2024, 11:35 AM)omahen Wrote: Seems like Stein is saying in his chat the cost for PJ would not only be Green but also the first.

Good lord
Like Reply
(02-07-2024, 01:48 PM)vfromlmf Wrote: THJ —> IND
Hield—> PHI
Morris —> DAL

Does Marcus really move the needle that much? He's been a bench player all year and hasn't really been that effective at all.
[-] The following 1 user Likes SleepingHero's post:
  • Smitty
Like Reply
Morris would start. GWill and DJJ backup. Morris can make an open 3. Bang. Defend. He’s not the player he was but his expiring deal give Mavs more flexibility. When healthy, Mavs don’t need what THJ does. Morris + GWill + DJJ 20 min +/- apiece
Like Reply
(02-07-2024, 01:48 PM)vfromlmf Wrote: THJ —> IND
Hield—> PHI
Morris —> DAL

That's crazy, man. Now you're telling me you'd rather have Marcus Morris (they have his brother, already) than Hardaway Jr? That's bananas.
[-] The following 6 users Like KillerLeft's post:
  • BigDirk41, From Dirk to Luka, mvossman, Scott41theMavs, Smitty, StrandedOnBeauboisHill
Like Reply
Clippers fans were jumping for joy when they got rid of Morris. Those twins are washed.
[-] The following 3 users Like StrandedOnBeauboisHill's post:
  • BigDirk41, From Dirk to Luka, mvossman
Like Reply