Thread Rating:
  • 11 Vote(s) - 3.91 Average
Trade & FA 2023-24: NOP Will Not Give Ingram an Extension
(02-06-2024, 04:07 PM)StrandedOnBeauboisHill Wrote: Would folks here be more upset in a hypothetical PJ package that used our 27 FRP or if it included Josh?

Neither
[-] The following 2 users Like mvossman's post:
  • BigDirk41, From Dirk to Luka
Like Reply
https://twitter.com/MavsFilmRoom/status/...2508017857
Like Reply
(02-06-2024, 04:07 PM)StrandedOnBeauboisHill Wrote: Would folks here be more upset in a hypothetical PJ package that used our 27 FRP or if it included Josh?

I would rather deal the 2027, but I’m an O.G. Josh fan, so I may be biased.

(02-06-2024, 04:10 PM)Chicagojk Wrote: https://twitter.com/MavsFilmRoom/status/...2508017857

This is wonderful news. I want no part of Wiggins. Would be happy to have PJ or Kuz, as long as no Josh Green and no Omax are involved.
[-] The following 1 user Likes MarkAguirreWrathofGod's post:
  • KillerLeft
Like Reply
(02-06-2024, 03:44 PM)DallasMaverick Wrote: Rumors flying rapidly now.

If the Grimes-to-Mavs rumor was true, does that mean they have a trade for THJ lined up?  Or Curry?  Or Hardy?

Or Green ?
[-] The following 1 user Likes omahen's post:
  • KillerLeft
Like Reply
Does Charlotte have an appetite for Hardy at all? I know Rozier is now gone but they just draft Bouknight, curious how the view him long term.
Like Reply

Kinda dont want to give up a FRP for average players...or players that dont jump off screen.  Washington could be exceptional in Luka system, though.

Is it easier to find Josh Green's or PJ Washington's?

Green seems to jump off screen more than Washington to me.   Which means he's doing something at a higher frequency.   We need a 4.  Are we giving up a semi-decent impact player in Josh for a what seems to be an average 4 in PJ...HOPING Washington works out well here because of fit?

I dont know what the coaches think of Josh's skills behind closed doors and if they think PJ has less flaws and is a good fit in a need position...even if PJ doesnt make hustle plays at the frequency Josh does.

I guess I would rather just wait until the summer than give up on Green for decent NBA player.   Unless Mavs have intel that 4's better than PJ and within Mavs' price range will be hard to get in the summer.
[-] The following 1 user Likes youzigizag's post:
  • BigDirk41
Like Reply

'27 pick would be worse, but I would cry a bit over either. 

Still, at least I would come around to be excited that PJ was a Mav at some point, whereas with Kuzma or Wiggins, their presence on the roster would be the worst part of the whole experience.
Like Reply
(02-06-2024, 04:23 PM)StrandedOnBeauboisHill Wrote: Does Charlotte have an appetite for Hardy at all?  I know Rozier is now gone but they just draft Bouknight, curious how the view him long term.

Bouknight has been a huge dissapointment and his days in the league will likely end soon
[-] The following 1 user Likes omahen's post:
  • StrandedOnBeauboisHill
Like Reply
(02-06-2024, 04:23 PM)omahen Wrote: Or Green ?

I agree. Grimes has "Green replacement" written all over him in that hyptothetical.
[-] The following 1 user Likes KillerLeft's post:
  • StrandedOnBeauboisHill
Like Reply
(02-06-2024, 04:26 PM)omahen Wrote: Bouknight has been a huge dissapointment and his days in the league will likely end soon

Thanks, I haven't been following at all but know he should be a Hardy-type based on his profile.
Like Reply
(02-06-2024, 01:57 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: This is where you lose me. Do you guys think DJJ can play 2/3? Considering that for even 1.5 seconds nearly induces vomit for me. I think one of THEM (DJJ, Will) is the odd man out, and to me that seems kind of obvious. 

I think there are some ways in which THJ's minutes would decrease, sure, but his role isn't going to evaporate because you bring in a minutes eater at forward.

Totally depends who else is on the floor. Can DJJ play backup Wing? Absolutely. Just defend, run to the corners, cut. That’s what he does well. He’s a long, athletic, 6’ 6” wing. What he can’t do well is guard the big, physical Gordon’s and Bancheros of the world. No one on our roster really can.
Like Reply
I’d rather trade Hardway instead of Green. THjr for PJ should work cba-wise.

Irving
Green
Doncic
Washington
Lively

is a nice group. Talented. 1-4 can shoot, plenty of upside, size and athleticism to go next to Luka and Kyrie.
Like Reply
(02-06-2024, 04:23 PM)StrandedOnBeauboisHill Wrote: Does Charlotte have an appetite for Hardy at all?  I know Rozier is now gone but they just draft Bouknight, curious how the view him long term.

I think that is the issue when it comes to Hardy. Most teams have their own young and talented chucker on the roster. They are probably higher on their own guy and have no reason to go after another one unless it is an all out tanking season for them.
[-] The following 2 users Like dirkfansince1998's post:
  • Smitty, StrandedOnBeauboisHill
Like Reply
(02-06-2024, 04:25 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: '27 pick would be worse, but I would cry a bit over either. 

Still, at least I would come around to be excited that PJ was a Mav at some point, whereas with Kuzma or Wiggins, their presence on the roster would be the worst part of the whole experience.

I would much prefer Kuzma to Wiggins. Kuzma is so much more talented than anyone we have been getting out at PF it’s not even funny. Not my first choice by any means, I prefer someone more efficient offensively and a little better defensively. But Kuzma can score, is a good playmaker, good rebounder and can defend when it matters. We don’t have a PF that can do more than two of those things at even average and that being generous. And he’s on a declining contract with the final season being 19m.
[-] The following 3 users Like MarkAguirreWrathofGod's post:
  • BigDirk41, omahen, SweetFidelia
Like Reply
(02-06-2024, 03:55 PM)SleepingHero Wrote: PJ's contract isn't sunshine and roses either. Sure he's a better player than Grant, but he's not worth 18mil a year

That's true. Still don't think they're downgrading to Grant for Hardy alone though.
Like Reply
(02-06-2024, 04:30 PM)JamesConway912 Wrote: I’d rather trade Hardway instead of Green. THjr for PJ should work cba-wise.

Irving
Green
Doncic
Washington
Lively

is a nice group. Talented. 1-4 can shoot, plenty of upside, size and athleticism to go next to Luka and Kyrie.

We all would. That's the point. If they're asking for Green, do you do it or not?
Like Reply

Nick Smith Jr is their Hardy. I don't think they'd have much interest in another player like that.
Like Reply
(02-06-2024, 04:30 PM)dirkfansince1998 Wrote: I think that is the issue when it comes to Hardy. Most teams have their own young and talented chucker on the roster. They are probably higher on their own guy and have no reason to go after another one unless it is an all out tanking season for them.

This is my concern as well and why I think it's going to end up being the FRP and not Hardy in any sort of PJ trade.

If I'm Dallas I want to pitch GWill and Hardy.

If I'm Charlotte and I'm not getting Josh then I'm asking for Holmes/Hardy/27
Like Reply
I'm not excited about sending Green to Charlotte, and would try to avoid it. I'm not trying to stick up for that idea.

But...I will say that if he plays this next contract with Charlotte, there's very, very little chance of him "blowing up" and making anyone pine after him down the road. I'd bet my life that Washington would get better as a result of the deal and Green would not. Just sayin...
Like Reply
I don’t think Josh Green is on the table for PJ. I think 2027 with the right protections and salary dump on our end or other sweeteners is.
[-] The following 1 user Likes MarkAguirreWrathofGod's post:
  • StrandedOnBeauboisHill
Like Reply