Thread Rating:
  • 11 Vote(s) - 3.91 Average
Trade & FA 2023-24: OKC The Favorite For Nic Claxton Should He Leave BRK
GS is a good thought.
Like Reply
No to including Lively.
Sounds ridiculous I know, but Lively is the point I say no.

If they do this.. the Mavs won't win with small ball C Lebron taking over DP or Maxi.
They probably can compete next season with some vets wanting to play in Lebron's last year, but that's about it.
Lebron would probably retire after playing with his son (which the Mavs would need to pick, they'd buy a second rounder if they have to).

By 2026, Mavs would be without either Lively or Lebron, with 1 title if they're lucky (barring any injury that could sideline one of the big 3).
Like Reply
Who says no?

Mavs - LBJ
Lakers - Kuzma, Josh Green, THJ, 2027 unprotected 1st (Dal)
Wizards - OMAX, Hardy, Taurean Prince, Holmes, Seth, 2 2nd rd picks

Luka
Kyrie
DJJ
LBJ
Lively
Grant W
Exum
Kleber
buyout guy
buyout guy
Powell
Lawson
Like Reply
Changing the subject, I think the 76ers might be a team we could trade with.  Per Tankathon, they own their own first-round pick.  I'm assuming Embiid is done for the year and also that they won't want to take on any bad salary for the coming season.  They have two veterans who would fit well here-  Batum and Robert Covington.

The following trade should work:  

THJ and Markieff Morris to Orlando.  

Gary Harris, Chuma Okeke and 2, 2nd-round picks to the 76ers

Covington and Batum to Dallas.  

Covington gives us an excellent defender who can play the 4 or 5.  Poor on offense but can make open 3-pointers.  

Batum is hitting 46.7 % from 3 and is Ok defensively.  

Orlando gets their 6th man shooter.  

Philly grabs a couple 2nd-round picks, gets under the luxury tax line and doesn't affect their cap space this summer.  Their draft position likely improves a bit as well.
Like Reply
I wish there was an ignore feature so I didn't have to keep reading omahen's adamant assertions that Lively will be outgoing in a Lebron trade.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Scott41theMavs's post:
  • Nowitzki Way
Like Reply
(02-01-2024, 09:36 PM)Scott41theMavs Wrote: I wish there was an ignore feature so I didn't have to keep reading omahen's adamant assertions that Lively will be outgoing in a Lebron trade.

Of course. . . . only a total dumbass would trade Lively straight up for a 39+ Lebron.
Like Reply
(02-01-2024, 09:36 PM)Scott41theMavs Wrote: I wish there was an ignore feature so I didn't have to keep reading omahen's adamant assertions that Lively will be outgoing in a Lebron trade.
Interesting, he hasn’t weighed in on whether or not he’d do it, just that that is the value.
[-] The following 1 user Likes ItsGoTime's post:
  • omahen
Like Reply
(02-01-2024, 09:20 PM)surfpuckmd Wrote: Changing the subject, I think the 76ers might be a team we could trade with.  Per Tankathon, they own their own first-round pick.  I'm assuming Embiid is done for the year and also that they won't want to take on any bad salary for the coming season.  They have two veterans who would fit well here-  Batum and Robert Covington.

The following trade should work:  

THJ and Markieff Morris to Orlando.  

Gary Harris, Chuma Okeke and 2, 2nd-round picks to the 76ers

Covington and Batum to Dallas.  

Covington gives us an excellent defender who can play the 4 or 5.  Poor on offense but can make open 3-pointers.  

Batum is hitting 46.7 % from 3 and is Ok defensively.  

Orlando gets their 6th man shooter.  

Philly grabs a couple 2nd-round picks, gets under the luxury tax line and doesn't affect their cap space this summer.  Their draft position likely improves a bit as well.

I like the players and I think the trade is well thought and fair value for everyone involved. The only thing I don't like - I don't think Covington and Batum makes us a contender this year and are expiring. Mavs lose a lot of flexibility moving forward as THJ contract would be great to have for a summer trade.

Although, after another thought, having those guys would imho make us far better
[-] The following 1 user Likes omahen's post:
  • surfpuckmd
Like Reply

If a trade sending LBJ to DAL is on the table, we can safely assume that LBJ will be driving the bus -- and there's no question he will be consulting with Kyrie and Luka to know who is a "must keep" in Dallas for them to win big, as he makes demands. I think Lively would be an untouchable.

But I'm not expecting a LBJ trade here. Fun to consider, but hard to think LBJ will leave LA, no matter what other factors are in play.
[-] The following 3 users Like F Gump's post:
  • MFFL, Radical Mavs, Scott41theMavs
Like Reply
Also, there is an ignore function. Tap the name, go to the bottom right and tap on the “Add to ignore list” button.
Like Reply
Just catching up on the Lebron stuff. I don't think Dallas has the right assets. If it's even being contemplated, the Lakers will need to sell something to the fan base. Doesn't it make a lot more sense to build a deal around Chris Paul and Kuminga, than anything Dallas can offer short of Kyrie?
[-] The following 1 user Likes vfromlmf's post:
  • KillerLeft
Like Reply
Trade Kyrie for LBJ. LOL
Like Reply
(02-01-2024, 09:54 PM)ItsGoTime Wrote: Trade Kyrie for LBJ. LOL

That's exactly my point. Kyrie and Holmes beats Paul and Kuminga. Lakers get their PG and C. They'd be in the hunt.

Mavs get their big F and their abundance of guards can be guards, and they'd still have assets to make another move.
Like Reply
(02-01-2024, 09:47 PM)F Gump Wrote: If a trade sending LBJ to DAL is on the table, we can safely assume that LBJ will be driving the bus -- and there's no question he will be consulting with Kyrie and Luka to know who is a "must keep" in Dallas for them to win big, as he makes demands. I think Lively would be an untouchable.

But I'm not expecting a LBJ trade here. Fun to consider, but hard to think LBJ will leave LA, no matter what other factors are in play.

Totally agree that LBJ trade is not likely. 

As for the trade package, I propose a bit of a different perspective. I don't think Lakers could be forced to take a meh package just because LeBron wants to go somewhere. I think a more realistic result would be that Lakers would demand Lively and stick to it, LeBron could think that so depleted Mavs roster is just not good enough and force his way to one of the other destinations mentioned, that could offer packages that would also satisfy Lakers.

For example:
GS: expiring CP3, Kuminga and picks
NY: Randle, Fournier and as many picks as Lakers want (plus some young players)
Miami: Herro, Robinson, Jovic, pick

NY seems like a very attractive option. Big market, starving for a title. Well constructed team. LeBron would undoubtly be the main man.
Like Reply
(02-01-2024, 10:17 PM)vfromlmf Wrote: That's exactly my point. Kyrie and Holmes beats Paul and Kuminga. Lakers get their PG and Mavs get their big F and their abundance of guards can be guards. Mavs still have assets to make another move.
Rather trade Kyrie for AD, but not all that interested in either option.
Like Reply
(02-01-2024, 09:53 PM)vfromlmf Wrote: Just catching up on the Lebron stuff. I don't think Dallas has the right assets. If it's even being contemplated, the Lakers will need to sell something to the fan base. Doesn't it make a lot more sense to build a deal around Chris Paul and Kuminga, than anything Dallas can offer short of Kyrie?

I agree. The more I think about it the more I think Golden State is probably the move. They have the right window, the right contracts, and I’m sure LeBron would love to play with Curry.
Like Reply
NY is also a good thought.
Like Reply
It's not that hard to imagine a starting 5 of

LUKA | GREEN | LEBRON | KUZMA | LIVELY

...while retaining...

EXUM | DJJ | WILLIAMS | POWELL | KLEBER | HARDY | OMAX
Like Reply
Memphis trading Steven Adams to Houston for Victor Oladipo and 3 2nd round picks.
Like Reply
In case people have forgotten, Lively is represented by Rich Paul. If Dallas somehow gets LeBron, there's zero chance that Lively won't be playing with him.
[-] The following 3 users Like Tyler's post:
  • DanSchwartzgan, KillerLeft, Reunion Mav
Like Reply