Thread Rating:
  • 11 Vote(s) - 3.91 Average
Trade & FA 2023-24: PHI Keeping An Eye on Butler | Butler Wants Max Extension
Just gone for a while and all of a sudden, the Kuzma talk is exploding.

I knew it from the start, when Cuban said someone 6'8" or taller who can handle the ball -- the target is specific. It's going to be Siakam or Kuzma.
Now that Siakam is out of the running, it's Kuzma.

Curiously, Deni fits the bill too of someone who's above 6'8" who could dribble. I'd say if the Mavs can't get it done with Kuz, then Deni is the next logical target.
Like Reply
https://x.com/wojespn/status/1753201914186006775?s=46&t=4w35gotNXtBJnqxbaL7e9w

The Memphis Grizzlies are trading Steven Adams to the Houston Rockets for Victor Oladipo and three second-round picks, sources tell ESPN.
Like Reply
@KevinGraySports
On Kyle Kuzma: a Mavs source I talked today believes they have the leadership & hierarchy in Dallas to absorb Kuzma as a player & personality as Kuzma, as it was put to me, seems to be a big fan of Jason Kidd who was a Lakers assistant when Kuzma won the NBA title in LA #MFFL
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
Like Reply
(02-01-2024, 05:44 PM)vfromlmf Wrote: And for the record, yes, if the Mavs miracle into Avidja, Kuzma, and Gafford they are an instant legitimate championship contender.

They'd reach the finals, or at the very least the WCF.
But as long as Kidd is the coach, the team would still find a way to lose.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Razzmatazz_Hopskidillydoo's post:
  • From Dirk to Luka
Like Reply
@DavidPingalore
Hearing from @nba peeps @KingJames is the top of the @Lakers list to trade the 39 year old. Pelinka is looking for the right team to dance with and is close to a suitor Lbj and AD both out tonight.
@KTLA

@KTLA5SPORTS
#nba #Lakers
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
Like Reply
(02-01-2024, 06:40 PM)Razzmatazz_Hopskidillydoo Wrote: Just gone for a while and all of a sudden, the Kuzma talk is exploding.

I knew it from the start, when Cuban said someone 6'8" or taller who can handle the ball -- the target is specific. It's going to be Siakam or Kuzma.
Now that Siakam is out of the running, it's Kuzma.

Curiously, Deni fits the bill too of someone who's above 6'8" who could dribble. I'd say if the Mavs can't get it done with Kuz, then Deni is the next logical target.
I’m hopeful that the Kuz talk turns into Deni and Gafford talk. I think the value of that duo is about even with the value of Kuz, but the duo fills more holes and increases the defense.
[-] The following 2 users Like ItsGoTime's post:
  • mvossman, Smitty
Like Reply
(02-01-2024, 06:42 PM)Smitty Wrote: https://x.com/wojespn/status/1753201914186006775?s=46&t=4w35gotNXtBJnqxbaL7e9w

The Memphis Grizzlies are trading Steven Adams to the Houston Rockets for Victor Oladipo and three second-round picks, sources tell ESPN.

Intersting. They will need a center now and I wonder who they will go after
Like Reply
(02-01-2024, 06:51 PM)SleepingHero Wrote: @DavidPingalore
Hearing from @nba peeps @KingJames is the top of the @Lakers list to trade the 39 year old.  Pelinka is looking for the right team to dance with and is close to a suitor  Lbj and AD both out tonight. 
@KTLA

@KTLA5SPORTS
#nba #Lakers

i will report this post  Big Grin
Like Reply
Hearing from @nba peeps @KingJames is the top of the @Lakers list to trade the 39 year old.  Pelinka is looking for the right team to dance with and is close to a suitor  Lbj and AD both out tonight. 
@KTLA

@KTLA5SPORTS
#nba #Lakers

Lebron does love Luka and Kyrie. Just saying.
Like Reply
@KTLA

@KTLA5SPORTS
#nba #Lakers

Maybe they will waive both and Dallas can sign them for the vet minimums.
[-] The following 2 users Like DallasMaverick's post:
  • From Dirk to Luka, KillerLeft
Like Reply
(02-01-2024, 06:53 PM)ItsGoTime Wrote: I’m hopeful that the Kuz talk turns into Deni and Gafford talk. I think the value of that duo is about even with the value of Kuz, but the duo fills more holes and increases the defense.

I'm one of the few here (if not the only one) who thinks Deni would make the jump. Not this year (although his play has improved). A training camp with the Mavs and time with Luka would do him wonders. I wouldn't want to part with JG and Omax for Deni, so I'm hoping Hardy + Holmes+2 seconds while taking in Johnny Davis (who doesn't look like he is useful or will be) would be enough.

Now if the Mavs add Gafford to the equation, I'd still hold on to Green and Omax, but the FRP is going to be casualty.
Like Reply
(02-01-2024, 06:46 PM)SleepingHero Wrote: @KevinGraySports
On Kyle Kuzma: a Mavs source I talked today believes they have the leadership & hierarchy in Dallas to absorb Kuzma as a player & personality as Kuzma, as it was put to me, seems to be a big fan of Jason Kidd who was a Lakers assistant when Kuzma won the NBA title in LA #MFFL

Translation, Kuz is a douche.
[-] The following 3 users Like mvossman's post:
  • KillerLeft, Scott41theMavs, Smitty
Like Reply
(02-01-2024, 07:00 PM)omahen Wrote: Intersting. They will need a center now and I wonder who they will go after

They do but they won’t be in a rush to do it before the deadline. Weird for two people out of the season to be traded for each other but I assume Adams will be back next year.

(02-01-2024, 06:40 PM)Smitty Wrote: https://x.com/kevingraysports/status/175...17310?s=46&t=4w35gotNXtBJnqxbaL7e9w

Damn this is totally happening isn’t it.

Really hoping there’s no sticker shock. I will be pissed if we give up Green and/or OMax for Kuz.
[-] The following 2 users Like StrandedOnBeauboisHill's post:
  • From Dirk to Luka, MarkAguirreWrathofGod
Like Reply
(02-01-2024, 07:06 PM)BigDirk41 Wrote: Lebron does love Luka and Kyrie. Just saying.

LeBron has a player option and he can basically dictate where he wants to go to. I could imagine Mavs being at the top of his list, if there really is anything true about this. 

Mavs would need to trade THJ, Maxi, Holmes and GW for LeBron and some scrubs. 2027 pick seems very light for such a deal, so I wonder if Lively would have to be included for an ultimate win now move. Very Cuban like move and Luka-Irving-LeBron would be a very respectful trio. But rest of the team would be mostly trash.
[-] The following 1 user Likes omahen's post:
  • KillerLeft
Like Reply
LeBron is bigger than 6’8”, isn’t he?

And he can dribble…
[-] The following 1 user Likes DallasMaverick's post:
  • From Dirk to Luka
Like Reply
(02-01-2024, 07:19 PM)StrandedOnBeauboisHill Wrote: They do but they won’t be in a rush to do it before the deadline. Weird for two people out of the season to be traded for each other but I assume Adams will be back next year.

Damn this is totally happening isn’t it.

Really hoping there’s no sticker shock. I will be pissed if we give up Green and/or OMax for Kuz.

Yes don’t discount the Grizz next year.  This year has been the year from hell for them and they are done for this year.  But that is a good organization.  With a lottery pick, future firsts they are lining up to make a trade this offseason.  They may have potentially found two young wings as an undrafted last year and a second rounder this year.

Moran, Bane, Jackson and smart are a nice foursome.  With some intriguing young wings that teams needs to be watched closely if you are the mavs gm.
Like Reply
https://twitter.com/thedunkcentral/statu...45377?s=46&t=Fmdr94oXagcEyy75KJqaFg

This guy isn't a nobody. He called Lebron going back to the Cavs in 2012(!!). He knew Kawhi was going to the Clippers before FA. And he called Lebron going to the Lakers in 2018 at the TDL.

Needless to say, my interest is piqued
[-] The following 3 users Like SleepingHero's post:
  • BigDirk41, F Gump, KillerLeft
Like Reply
Maybe Kevin OConnor knew something when he wrote that giant Lebron should get traded piece.
Like Reply
Just for the fun of it. If Mavs trade for LeBron, would it still be Lukas team? I think all of a sudden all the leverage is in the hands of Kyrie and LeBron and things could turn sour really quickly, if things don't go totally their way. Best case it is a replica of Luka and Real Madrid with Luka being the best player and seasoned vets steering the ship. Worst case they are Brooklyn Nets from last season.
Like Reply
Seems like I picked a crazy day to travel and be away from the board.

For starters, I have never really gotten into the Deni Avdija hype, but I would gladly take him over Kyle Kuzma any day of the week.

If Kuzma’s relationship with Jason Kidd is part of the driving force here, I find that doubly depressing because that connection will both bring a player I don’t think is good for the team and ensure that the coach I don’t think is good for the team stays around for longer.

All of that is secondary, however, because if the Lakers are really about to trade LeBron James and the Mavericks don’t bite on that, I don’t know what this world is coming to. You guys who have been complaining about the idea of wasting a year of Luka and Kyrie… there is a move that makes Dallas a contender this year. It probably isn’t real, but if it is, I don’t think he’s going to be as expensive as some people would be, and as someone mentioned, he’s basically going to be able to point to the team he wants to play for. That could be a real game changer for the next couple of years.
[-] The following 6 users Like KillerLeft's post:
  • From Dirk to Luka, MarkAguirreWrathofGod, MFFL, mvossman, Nowitzki Way, Scott41theMavs
Like Reply