Thread Rating:
  • 11 Vote(s) - 3.91 Average
Trade & FA 2023-24: NOP Will Not Give Ingram an Extension
(02-01-2024, 03:57 PM)F Gump Wrote: $24.5M ? No. I previously gave you the result from doing all that (incl Curry) and it yielded $12.54M cap room, less than the NT MLE. 

Now, with a $141M cap expected, the cap room number after all that would be even smaller (about $11.57M).

However, I think it's all a pointless exercise anyhow. I don't expect either Bridges or CHA to allow him to be traded now, because it will strip him of Bird rights, which impacts both his salary potential on the next deal PLUS the value CHA can extract in a trade. Instead, I would expect him to be a hot topic in July. We'll see then how badly he has damaged his appeal, or whether he will have suitors for a big contract.

I included Holmes in the trade. That’s why the numbers are what they are in my reply.

According to Gambling.com, the Mavs have the third-best odds (+700) of trading for Hornets' Miles Bridges, who is averaging 20.9 points , 7.3 rebounds and 3.1 assists this season while shooting 45.9 percent overall and 35.3 percent from deep. The Phoenix Suns are first at +125 odds, and the Hornets are second at +200 odds to keep him.

According to the Action Network's Matt Moore, the Mavs have already shown exploratory interest in trading for Bridges, meaning that the 'risk vs. reward' conversation has already been started in the Dallas front office.
Like Reply
@MavsFilmRoom
Mavs continue to register trade interest in Kyle Kuzma, per
@TheSteinLine

They “have a number of young players who could appeal to the Wizards — from last year's No. 24 overall pick Olivier-Maxence Prosper to third-year guard Jaden Hardy to the recently extended Josh Green”
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
Like Reply
My guess is still with Stein. That the Mavericks maintain some interest in Washington's frontcourt - Kuzma and Gafford ...and possibly Deni. Sacramento may be interested in the same. The price will likely need drop to acquire any of these players.
Like Reply
I really expect our trade to be for Kuzma. I've come to grips with it..lol

I just hope he can be a better player with Luka providing open look after open look.
Like Reply
I'm fine sending out Green if it gets us Avdija and Gafford. Hardy and Green for Avdija and Gafford works on a bunch of levels.

I would be mortified if they traded Omax and a first for Kuzma, regardless of who else is coming back.
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
[-] The following 3 users Like SleepingHero's post:
  • KillerLeft, mvossman, Scott41theMavs
Like Reply
(02-01-2024, 04:00 PM)SleepingHero Wrote: @MavsFilmRoom
Mavs continue to register trade interest in Kyle Kuzma, per
@TheSteinLine

They “have a number of young players who could appeal to the Wizards — from last year's No. 24 overall pick Olivier-Maxence Prosper to third-year guard Jaden Hardy to the recently extended Josh Green”

That quote terrifies me.
[-] The following 2 users Like StrandedOnBeauboisHill's post:
  • KillerLeft, mvossman
Like Reply
If you're bringing in Kuz and Gafford, I don't see how you do it without bringing in another team. None of the contracts we can use to get up to that 37M number would be of no interest to the Wizards. Like if I'm the Wizards and I'm taking on Maxi or Hardaway's contract while I'm rebuilding then I'm definitely requiring OMax.
Like Reply
(02-01-2024, 03:58 PM)Smitty Wrote: I included Holmes in the trade. That’s why the numbers are what they are in my reply.

"I included Holmes in the trade. " -- You included Holmes previously, which is what was calculated the first time. See post 8571. I think this was exactly the same, unless I am misreading something.

Thanks for the reporting info!
[-] The following 1 user Likes F Gump's post:
  • mvossman
Like Reply
(02-01-2024, 04:21 PM)F Gump Wrote: "I included Holmes in the trade. " -- You included Holmes previously, which is what was calculated the first time. See post 8571. I think this was exactly the same, unless I am misreading something.

Thanks for the reporting info!

You’re correct. And no problem. Not sure how plugged in Matt Moore is though.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Smitty's post:
  • F Gump
Like Reply
Its starting to feel like Kuzma to the Mavs is going to happen. Now i'm wondering how big the trade could get with Gafford and Avdija being mentioned.

I'll admit that i'm probably #1 on the Kuzma fan club on this board. I like his game and what he could bring to this team. I'm not big on analytics, he just passes the eye test for me.

I think just Kuzma alone costs you that 1st rounder. You start throwing in other big names and it starts to get ugly with what we'd have to give up.

I still havent seen what a good trade with Washington would look like.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Nowitzki Way's post:
  • BigDirk41
Like Reply
I'm ambivalent about Kuzma if he is the only player in a trade. I just don't think that moves the needle enough.
Like Reply
(02-01-2024, 04:35 PM)Nowitzki Way Wrote: Its starting to feel like Kuzma to the Mavs is going to happen.  Now i'm wondering how big the trade could get with Gafford and Avdija being mentioned.

I believe Mavs would need to add a player to get to the minimum 14 spots.

Luka - Hardy - Curry
Irving - Exum - Lawson?
Avdija - DJJ
Kuzma - Maxi - Morris
Lively - Gafford - Powell

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

[-] The following 2 users Like Smitty's post:
  • BigDirk41, Nowitzki Way
Like Reply
(02-01-2024, 04:48 PM)Smitty Wrote: I believe Mavs would need to add a player to get to the minimum 14 spots.

It would hurt, but I think I would do that trade. Get a starting 3 and 4 and a damn good backup 5 that can also fill in when Lively gets hurt. It hurts on both sides so it's probably close to a realistic trade. I know most won't want to give up Omax, so maybe they can hold on to him. If not, that's business.
[-] The following 1 user Likes BigDirk41's post:
  • Razzmatazz_Hopskidillydoo
Like Reply
Maybe Mavs can get creative and send THJ to Orlando for their 2024 first. Washington sends them Tyus Jones.

Wizards get back Fultz, Harris, Hardy, Green, Holmes, and Grant Williams, 2024 ORL First, 2 Mavs 2nds.

Mavs end up with Avdija, Gafford, and Kuzma.

I don't like it. But we basically swap out THJ and Green for Avdija and Kuzma. Gafford replaces Holmes.

Might be too big of a trade for it to be realistic.
[-] The following 1 user Likes SleepingHero's post:
  • BigDirk41
Like Reply
You guys might be on to something. I like the idea of getting all 3 Wizards: Kuzma, Avdija and Gafford. This is probably something we can actually pull off this season.
[-] The following 2 users Like BigDirk41's post:
  • From Dirk to Luka, Nowitzki Way
Like Reply
(02-01-2024, 04:59 PM)BigDirk41 Wrote: It would hurt, but I think I would do that trade. Get a starting 3 and 4 and a damn good backup 5 that can also fill in when Lively gets hurt. It hurts on both sides so it's probably close to a realistic trade. I know most won't want to give up Omax, so maybe they can hold on to him. If not, that's business.

I suspect the Front Office would do it whether we like it or not. If the trade is some combination of Kuzma-Gafford or Deni-Gafford (+1 FRP), you can't stop that trade because of Omax.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Winter's post:
  • BigDirk41
Like Reply
Does this roster make you a contender?

Luka - Hardy - Curry
Irving - Exum - Lawson?
Avdija - DJJ
Kuzma - Maxi - Morris

Cost ‘27 FRP + Green + Omax + possible SRP’s
  • From Dirk to Luka
Like Reply
(02-01-2024, 05:05 PM)Smitty Wrote: Does this roster make you a contender?

Luka - Hardy - Curry
Irving - Exum - Lawson?
Avdija - DJJ
Kuzma - Maxi - Morris

Honestly it should if Luka is as great as we all think and Kyrie is healthy for the playoffs. That's a damn good roster. It's not perfect, but very few are.
[-] The following 2 users Like BigDirk41's post:
  • From Dirk to Luka, Winter
Like Reply
(02-01-2024, 05:05 PM)Smitty Wrote: Does this roster make you a contender?

Luka - Hardy - Curry
Irving - Exum - Lawson?
Avdija - DJJ
Kuzma - Maxi - Morris

Replace Hardy with OMax and I am much happier

WE CANNOT TRADE OMAX HE WILL BE SOMETHING

DO NOT TRADE THE DUDE UNLESS ITS FOR A LEBRON LEVEL PLAYER
Like Reply
Edit: I think Mavs stay below the tax line because Irving incentives aren’t met. Allows for you to sign Lawson to the 14-man roster and not go into tax.

Does this roster make you a contender?

Luka - Exum - Curry
Irving - Green - Lawson?
Avdija - DJJ
Kuzma - Maxi - Morris

Cost ‘27 FRP + Hardy + Omax + possible SRP’s

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

• BigDirk41
Like Reply