Thread Rating:
  • 11 Vote(s) - 3.91 Average
Trade & FA 2023-24: Paul George to Test Free Agency After No Contract Extension
If this moron Cuban had agreed to this approach three years ago Grant Williams would be speaking Finnish. Big Grin
Like Reply
(07-05-2023, 06:54 PM)RoyTarpleysGhost Wrote: I was excited until I saw the 2030 unprotected pick swap.  Not sure how to feel about that.

F it YOLO

The world will have ended by 2030. Spurs just got hornswoggled.
[-] The following 4 users Like loki's post:
  • Dahlsim, MarkAguirreWrathofGod, StrandedOnBeauboisHill, ThisIStheYear
Like Reply
Here is the crazy part. Spurs have more than enough capspace to absorb McGee, so either Mavs wanted to keep McGee´s salary for future trades or Spurs said: we give you two seconds just so McGee never speaks to Wembanyama.

Could the Clippers be dumb enough to trade Zubac for McGee +two seconds. Big Grin
[-] The following 1 user Likes Mavs2021's post:
  • MFFL
Like Reply
Tim MacMahon
@espn_macmahon
Mavs prioritized Grant Williams in their search for a bigger 3-and-D wing. He happens to be buddies with Luka Doncic and repped by the same agent, Bill Duffy.
[-] The following 6 users Like speedkilz88's post:
  • BigDirk41, Dahlsim, khaled1987, mvossman, RoyTarpleysGhost, The Jom
Like Reply
Can we all please acknowledge how awful tanking is.

I´d rather have no Lively and Omax with Bertans/Powell starting at PF/C. Big Grin Wink
Like Reply
Green extension

Zubac for Mcgee and 2nds

Then we’ll be cooking with gas
Like Reply
(07-05-2023, 07:15 PM)Mavs2021 Wrote: Can we all please acknowledge how awful tanking is.

I´d rather have no Lively and Omax with Bertans/Powell starting at PF/C. Big Grin Wink

Like Kidd isn't going to still start Powell just because. But yeah, best case scenario is Lively ending up taking the job sooner rather than later
Like Reply
(07-05-2023, 07:15 PM)Mavs2021 Wrote: Can we all please acknowledge how awful tanking is.

I must admit, I wanted to just convey that pick to NY and get the Porzingis nightmare over with, once and for all. But, that #10 was used to a far greater effect than I imagined at the time. I’m glad they made sure they kept it.
[-] The following 4 users Like KillerLeft's post:
  • audiosway, BigDirk41, DallasMaverick, Jym
Like Reply
With this Grant Williams for Bullock trade reported. Where do we stand with the Thybulle rumors from earlier today? Also, are the OKC and SAC trades still open and can they still be expanded.

I'm starting to be shocked as a Mavs Fan. Please new MBT give us more.

Let's Go Mavs...
Like Reply
(07-05-2023, 06:49 PM)RasheedsBigWhiteSpot Wrote: With GWill and Thybulle in I think Green is gone either in a trade for PJ or Jarrett Allen.

Completely agree.  Z.Collins makes a lot of sense too.
Like Reply
Underdog NBA

@Underdog__NBA
Updated trade summary:

Mavs get - Grant Williams, two 2nd-round picks
Spurs get - Reggie Bullock, unprotected 2030 pick swap from Mavs
Celtics - two 2nd-round picks, 2025 2nd-round pick swap

Williams will sign a 4-year, $53M deal with the Mavs.
Like Reply
Bamba signs a one year deal with Philly.

I remember Stein saying the Mavs thought they could find a center with Hardaway. I wonder if that is still on the table. He is good enough to get playing time here, but seems his minutes will go to others. So I wonder if they move him for a big with a similar contract. It is sort of overkill though if Holmes is still here right?
Like Reply
(07-05-2023, 06:49 PM)RasheedsBigWhiteSpot Wrote: With GWill and Thybulle in I think Green is gone either in a trade for PJ or Jarrett Allen.

That's an interesting thought. Maybe not for PJ unless they take McGee.
Like Reply
(07-05-2023, 07:28 PM)Chicagojk Wrote: Bamba signs a one year deal with Philly.

I remember Stein saying the Mavs thought they could find a center with Hardaway.  I wonder if that is still on the table.  He is good enough to get playing time here, but seems his minutes will go to others.    So I wonder if they move him for a big with a similar contract.    It is sort of overkill though if Holmes is still here right?

Not mad, cause that would suggest Paul Reed is on the way out in Philly. Even better option that Bamba. If Portland matches Thybulle that would be my next MLE target or Dosunmu.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Mavs2021's post:
  • Ghost of Podkolzin
Like Reply
(07-05-2023, 07:23 PM)chaparral Wrote: With this Grant Williams for Bullock trade reported.  Where do we stand with the Thybulle rumors from earlier today?  Also, are the OKC and SAC trades still open and can they still be expanded. 

I'm starting to be shocked as a Mavs Fan.  Please new MBT give us more.

Let's Go Mavs...

At this moment the Mavs are ~9M below the first apron and can offer Thybulle a maximum contract of 4/39M. 

Opinion:

There is no need for McGee on this team and I see it as the 2 SRP’s, recently acquired, will be used to dump McGee to SAC in the Holmes trade. Mavs can then offer full MLE to Thy if that’s what they think it’ll take for POR not to match.

THJ is insurance if Thy gets matched, otherwise he’s used with the ‘27 FRP to upgrade the starting center spot.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Smitty's post:
  • chaparral
Like Reply
I'd really like to know which 2nds the Mavs get.

Either way they have a WHOPPING THREE SRPs now!!!!!!! Holy fuck!!!!!!!!
[-] The following 1 user Likes RasheedsBigWhiteSpot's post:
  • JBB
Like Reply
(07-05-2023, 07:37 PM)RasheedsBigWhiteSpot Wrote: I'd really like to know which 2nds the Mavs get. 

Either way they have a WHOPPING THREE SRPs now!!!!!!!  Holy fuck!!!!!!!!

Isn’t it likely Boston got one of their 2nds from Dallas?
Pessimism doesn’t make you smart, just pessimistic.
Like Reply
(07-05-2023, 07:37 PM)RasheedsBigWhiteSpot Wrote: I'd really like to know which 2nds the Mavs get. 

Either way they have a WHOPPING THREE SRPs now!!!!!!!  Holy fuck!!!!!!!!

Don't get attached to those two new seconds.  They have the feel of an earmark for a trade, most likely dumping McGee.
Like Reply
(07-05-2023, 07:42 PM)mvossman Wrote: Don't get attached to those two new seconds.  They have the feel of an earmark for a trade, most likely dumping McGee.

Oh, I'm under no illusion that those bad boys are gone PDQ.  But it's actually nice to have assets for once.
[-] The following 1 user Likes RasheedsBigWhiteSpot's post:
  • KillerLeft
Like Reply
If they can flip THJ for a real Center, this offseason is gonna be amazing.
Like Reply