Thread Rating:
  • 11 Vote(s) - 3.91 Average
Trade & FA 2023-24: Booker Likes NYK? Vogel Out? Suns Imploding?
Nice emergency pg minimum signing. Just have to be a better option than Frank and Wright. I assume this is the official end to the Frank era, honestly enjoyed his time and effort here.
Like Reply
Dante Exum fits well with this team.  He has great size at guard and was a pretty good defensive player in his previous NBA minutes.  He has become a very good 3-point shooter in Europe.  

27 years old.  

Good size.

Good defense.

Can hit open 3-point shots.  

Exactly what we need.  I think he might end up earning minutes over Seth Curry due to his better defense.   

Well done, Mavericks.

Let's get a starting power forward now.
[-] The following 3 users Like surfpuckmd's post:
  • audiosway, DanSchwartzgan, KillerLeft
Like Reply
(07-01-2023, 08:16 PM)dirkfansince1998 Wrote: So is Powell. Doesn´t mean that I want them to play big minutes. Typical case of a championship boost. In the regular season a lot of Nuggets fans complained about his minutes but now it´s all forgotten. I guess you can get away with 28% from 3 when you make the important one to close out a playoff series.

If he wants to return I would offer him less money than Powell. Just to send a message Tongue

Damn bro, who pissed in your Cheerios?
Like Reply
Patty Mills not staying with Houston, will be rerouted to another team. Weren't the Mavs said to be interested in him before the start of FA? It would continue the Mavs Australian theme.

https://twitter.com/KellyIko/status/1675...49856?s=20
Like Reply
(07-01-2023, 09:56 PM)Luka77 Wrote: Patty Mills not staying with Houston, will be rerouted to another team.  Weren't the Mavs said to be interested in him before the start of FA?  It would continue the Mavs Australian theme.

Nobody else under 6’7 please
[-] The following 5 users Like Okstate819's post:
  • BigDirk41, Luka77, MFFL, surfpuckmd, SweetFidelia
Like Reply
(07-01-2023, 09:56 PM)Luka77 Wrote: Patty Mills not staying with Houston, will be rerouted to another team.  Weren't the Mavs said to be interested in him before the start of FA?  It would continue the Mavs Australian theme.

I think even accounting for a THJ trade we have reached the limit for PG/SG.

Give the lack of overall size between Irving, Curry, Hardy, Exum and Green another SG/SF type that can handle and score makes sense.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Mavs2021's post:
  • BigDirk41
Like Reply
(07-01-2023, 10:00 PM)Okstate819 Wrote: Nobody else under 6’7 please

So no Grant Williams or Mattise Thybulle?

(07-01-2023, 10:02 PM)Mavs2021 Wrote: I think even accounting for a THJ trade we have reached the limit for PG/SG.

Give the lack of overall size between Irving, Curry, Hardy, Exum and Green another SG/SF type that can handle and score makes sense.

I didn't say that was what I would do.  I'm just stating what may be the mavs plan.

Regardless that Dillon Brooks trade is getting expanded somehow
Like Reply
(07-01-2023, 09:10 PM)Chicagojk Wrote: Always was hurt in the nba and gained weight.

https://youtu.be/sqqwYfRNOWk

Awful landing on some of his dunks and block attempts.
Needs to learn from JG on how to land properly.
Like Reply
Ignoring my tongue in cheek post on the main board, I'm actually really liking the Exum signing.
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
[-] The following 1 user Likes SleepingHero's post:
  • Razzmatazz_Hopskidillydoo
Like Reply
Sabonis extends for big money (terrible contract.)

https://twitter.com/wojespn/status/16753...09505?s=20
Like Reply
(07-01-2023, 10:43 PM)Luka77 Wrote: Sabonis extends for big money (terrible contract.)

https://twitter.com/wojespn/status/16753...09505?s=20

Would much prefer Sabonis on this contract (if even possible) then Ayton's current contract in a S&T.
[-] The following 1 user Likes JBB's post:
  • BigDirk41
Like Reply
(07-01-2023, 10:29 PM)SleepingHero Wrote: Ignoring my tongue in cheek post on the main board, I'm actually really liking the Exum signing.

Me too since it means THJ is as good as traded. We just have to sit back and find out who else is involved. I’ve got a feeling it’s something like THJ, Holmes, and McGee for KAT.  I know you’re going to love that.
Like Reply
(07-01-2023, 11:48 PM)ThisIStheYear Wrote: Me too since it means THJ is as good as traded. We just have to sit back and find out who else is involved. I’ve got a feeling it’s something like THJ, Holmes, and McGee for KAT.  I know you’re going to love that.

Exum seems like a Nillaquinoa replacement. I bet they hold on to THJ.
[-] The following 1 user Likes loki's post:
  • surfpuckmd
Like Reply
(07-01-2023, 11:48 PM)ThisIStheYear Wrote: Me too since it means THJ is as good as traded. We just have to sit back and find out who else is involved. I’ve got a feeling it’s something like THJ, Holmes, and McGee for KAT.  I know you’re going to love that.

I agree. I wonder if most, if not all of THJ, Bullock, McGee, and Holmes will be gone soon in a trade for a big like KAT or Ayton. Going for a big 3 approach with Luka, Kyrie and KAT/Ayton. Then maybe sign Thybulle with the MLE.
Like Reply
(07-01-2023, 11:56 PM)loki Wrote: Exum seems like a Nillaquinoa replacement. I bet they hold on to THJ.

I think most are underrating THJ on this board.  He's not perfect but he shoots well from 3 on high volume and plays very solid team defense.  I think he's probably our 3rd best overall player and I don't understand why everyone is so desperate to trade him.  

I would rather have THJ on his current contract than Deandre Ayton on his.
[-] The following 5 users Like surfpuckmd's post:
  • DallasMaverick, khaled1987, KillerLeft, MarkAguirreWrathofGod, mvossman
Like Reply
Holding out hope a bigger deal is in the works but not for KAT. That Salary is to big to take on and risk like that is way to much to take.

THJ, McGee, Bullock are all trade bait as far as I am concerned and I am disappointed to hear of Powell's return.

Kleber and Holmes better do well and earn their roster spots or they get on that list as well. The rest I mentioned need to be on the way out the door ASAP and certainly no longer than the TDL. All 3 should be traded without giving up assets. McGee can be sold if we just let him play enough to look like he is good and then bench him. 10 minutes a game may help us to sell him if he starts the season on the team. The mavs may play him trying to showcase him and if he looks good knowing us we may decide to keep him. LOL

Lively taking more time to develop is a possibility and he started slow in his play last year. Adding guys that have real size and shooting would have given us another look to use instead of Powell. He cannot hit 3's enough to fool anyone and he is a bad defender. You better not play him more than a few minutes a game.

Bamba for sure would have made more sense and maybe Yurtseven or Azabuike who have bulk and size to bang inside with larger centers. I would almost rather have had Boban back on the team than Powell.

Exum is a nice find but doesn't do a lot for me. We already have Luka, Irving, Green, Hardy and Seth. I realize that may be a sign that the trade bait I mentioned is going to be gone sooner than later.

Pinson may look better this season than Exum and he has nicer size to use at SF plus he had that triple double last year that made me wonder if all he needed was a shot to play more minutes to start to break out.

Bigger names at center that may be available. Ayton rumors persist, Plumlee is a free agent or Zubac in trade also Jonas Valanciunas is rumored to be available.
Like Reply
(07-02-2023, 12:18 AM)surfpuckmd Wrote: I think most are underrating THJ on this board.  He's not perfect but he shoots well from 3 on high volume and plays very solid team defense.  I think he's probably our 3rd best overall player and I don't understand why everyone is so desperate to trade him.  

I agree but THJ has repeatedly underperformed contractually and the typical fan perspective is that the grass is greener on another path.  Personally looks like they'll move THJ but if not I finally trust the FO judgement.
Like Reply
(07-01-2023, 09:24 PM)Mavs2021 Wrote: Maybe there is a chance the Mavs actually negotiate the rights to Vezenkov into the Holmes/Bertans trade, if they are actually thinking a little outside the box. Best player outside the NBA imho.

Sacramento signed Vezenkov for 20/3
Like Reply
(07-02-2023, 12:18 AM)surfpuckmd Wrote: I think most are underrating THJ on this board.  He's not perfect but he shoots well from 3 on high volume and plays very solid team defense.  I think he's probably our 3rd best overall player and I don't understand why everyone is so desperate to trade him.  

I think last year THJ was the 3rd best player. Green is likely the starting 3 now with DO DO gone. So, I'm thinking the Curry signing was a better and cheaper THJ. Curry is just a lights out shooter that contributes to winning. He's a good passer, very underrated defender, and one of the best shooters in the NBA.

THJ disappears at the worst times. He's a decent team defender but struggles with that at times as well. I hated that they traded Curry previously. I was really hoping he would be back this offseason. When he has been on the floor for Dallas they win.
We didn't make the cut but thanks for all the support!
[-] The following 1 user Likes audiosway's post:
  • MFFL
Like Reply
Feels like wreckful negligence at this point to not send out Bullock in combo with that draft day trade and bring back an overpaid forward
Just makes too much sense
Like Reply