Thread Rating:
  • 11 Vote(s) - 3.91 Average
Trade & FA 2023-24: Paul George to Test Free Agency After No Contract Extension
(07-01-2023, 02:13 PM)omahen Wrote: Brooks, G. Williams or Thybulle are the only guys I could buy as good MLE signings.

And then there were two...
Like Reply
(07-01-2023, 04:37 PM)omahen Wrote: And then there were two...

Probably going to need to figure out a trade for either.  I don't think an MLE tender gets it done.
[-] The following 1 user Likes cow's post:
  • dirkfansince1998
Like Reply
(07-01-2023, 04:37 PM)omahen Wrote: And then there were two...

As of now the full MLE is gone. Without contract details we don´t know how much space is left under the apron but I don´t think it is enough to sign any of the mentioned names. At this point I expect a trade.
Like Reply
Looks like another VERY disappointing free agency for the Mavs. I for sure thought they would add a starter. I like Seth, but he doesn't move the needle any. This team will be a 6-8 seed if they don't do something. I think the draft was outstanding, but there's no guarantee those guys can contribute right away.

(07-01-2023, 04:40 PM)dirkfansince1998 Wrote: As of now the full MLE is gone. Without contract details we don´t know how much space is left under the apron but I don´t think it is enough to sign any of the mentioned names. At this point I ma expecting a trade.

At this point, I'm expecting nothing until proven wrong. This seems like typical Mavs not ready when free agency starts.
Like Reply
(07-01-2023, 04:32 PM)cow Wrote: Brooks to the Rockets

Of course. Mavs never get plan A to F. Yuck.

Any other former Mavs they could sign for the 2nd/3rd/4th time available?
[-] The following 1 user Likes JamesConway912's post:
  • BigDirk41
Like Reply
(07-01-2023, 04:33 PM)dirkfansince1998 Wrote: As far as I know a vet min deal for Powell would start at 2.9m. Even with max raise that´s not enough for a 3/12 deal.

It´s not a minimum deal.

Eternal Mavs circle of incompetency.

Free agency: Sign a bunch of has-beens nobody else in the league wants.
Preseason: Surely this is a youth movement with Hardy, Green, Lively and Omax getting 20 MPG, cause these veterans are just too old, injury-prone and sh*t.
Pre-TDL regular season: Trying to win now. Need to reach play-in spots. Not the time for young player development.
Post-TDL regular season: We are in 12th place. Let´s not play the young guys or ank secure our protected lottery pick. We need to establish a winning culture for Luka.

Big Grin Big Grin
[-] The following 1 user Likes Mavs2021's post:
  • BigDirk41
Like Reply
Interesting how quickly the Brooks announcement came after the Powell announcement….

Makes me think the Mavs had this offer out to Powell theoretically, but that it was contingent on them losing out on Brooks.
Like Reply
(07-01-2023, 04:41 PM)JamesConway912 Wrote: Of course. Mavs never get plan A to F. Yuck.

Crowder
Like Reply
(07-01-2023, 04:41 PM)JamesConway912 Wrote: Of course. Mavs never get plan A to F. Yuck.

If Brooks was included in plans A to F I am happy they failed to execute them.
Like Reply
(07-01-2023, 04:42 PM)Mavs2021 Wrote: It´s not a minimum deal.

Eternal Mavs circle of incompetency.

Free agency: Sign a bunch of has-beens nobody else in the league wants.
Preseason: Surely this is a youth movement with Hardy, Green, Lively and Omax getting 20 MPG, cause these veterans are just too old, injury-prone and sh*t.
Pre-TDL regular season: Trying to win now. Need to reach play-in spots. Not the time for young player development.
Post-TDL regular season: We are in 12th place. Let´s not play the young guys or ank secure our protected lottery pick. We need to establish a winning culture for Luka.

Big Grin Big Grin

Well, on the bright side, now you can go back to hating the team!
Like Reply
So we don’t even have the full MLE anymore right now?
Like Reply
(07-01-2023, 04:42 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: Interesting how quickly the Brooks announcement came after the Powell announcement….

Makes me think the Mavs had this offer out to Powell theoretically, but that it was contingent on them losing out on Brooks.

Which would mean they are either splitting MLE (hope not) or moving to trades. There are of course two major trades hanging in the air, that might be stopping some other things - Harden and Lillard

(07-01-2023, 04:43 PM)cow Wrote: Crowder

He resigned with Bucks about an hour ago
Like Reply
DP back 3/12. Ugh. It's not team crippling but that's still an overpay and you know they'll use it as an excuse to stifle Lively's development

https://twitter.com/wojespn/status/1675247009199013889
Like Reply
I just don't understand how the Mavs have blown this so bad, yet again.
Like Reply

My expectaion now is Jae Crowder with the remaining "MLE/under apron" money after McGee was stretch-waived.

New team rotation:

Doncic/Hardy/
Irving/Curry/Green
Bullock/THJ/
Kleber/Crowder/OMax
Powell/Holmes/Lively

I feel for Knicks fan. They´ll have one more crack at getting thazt 1st round pick in 2025, before it turns into a 2nd rounder.
Like Reply
(07-01-2023, 04:48 PM)Mavs2021 Wrote: My expectaion now is Jae Crowder with the remaining "MLE/under apron" money after McGee was stretch-waived.

New team rotation:

Doncic/Hardy/
Irving/Curry/Green
Bullock/THJ/
Kleber/Crowder/OMax
Powell/Holmes/Lively

I feel for Knicks fan. They´ll have one more crack at getting thazt 1st round pick in 2025, before it turns into a 2nd rounder.

Crowder resigned with Bucks
Like Reply
Yeah, I don’t think they’ll stretch waive McGee.
Like Reply
(07-01-2023, 04:45 PM)omahen Wrote: He resigned with Bucks about an hour ago
Oh sorry my bad about Crowder. Did Jefferson get laid off by ESPN, too. We replaced Crowder with him before. Undecided
Like Reply
The signing of Curry makes me believe THJ will absolutely be traded, probably a swap of bad contracts for a big.
Like Reply
(07-01-2023, 04:51 PM)Dirknows Wrote: The signing of Curry makes me believe THJ will absolutely be traded, probably a swap of bad contracts for a big.

Don't play with my heart like that.
Like Reply