Thread Rating:
  • 11 Vote(s) - 3.91 Average
Trade & FA 2023-24: Paul George to Test Free Agency After No Contract Extension
(06-27-2023, 08:59 AM)MFFL Wrote: There had to be more to it. THJ is ok as a player but Holmes is a question mark. They are supposedly trading a starting center for a rotation player and a maybe?

There isn't even much salary cap savings - a little in year 2 and the entire year 3
No way it is 27, could be the 30 SRP. Other than that, the difference between McGee and Green (roughly same salary) is huge. I mean, it makes sense that they don’t want to get rid of him in that way, also makes sense we don’t want to give any more. I think we’ll be roughly fine with or without him, they on the other hand could have him even more upset. He just watched Crowder sit out being disgruntled, I wouldn’t be surprised if he does the same.
Like Reply
(06-27-2023, 08:41 AM)Jym Wrote: When you put it that way....

https://twitter.com/ClutchPointsApp/stat...05888?s=20

"Earlier this year, a team was trying to talk to me. It was between me & another player. I went up to the front office and I was like, 'Why did you pick him over me?' And they said, 'If you came here, you wouldn't have played."

-Bruce Brown
"The Dallas Mavericks must do everything they can to get Olivier-Maxence Prosper."
- IamDougieFresh (05-20-2023, 04:39 AM)
Like Reply
(06-27-2023, 09:17 AM)IamDougieFresh Wrote: https://twitter.com/ClutchPointsApp/stat...05888?s=20

"Earlier this year, a team was trying to talk to me. It was between me & another player. I went up to the front office and I was like, 'Why did you pick him over me?' And they said, 'If you came here, you wouldn't have played."

-Bruce Brown
If that’s Dallas, forget trying to get him the rest of his career.
[-] The following 1 user Likes ItsGoTime's post:
  • HoosierDaddyKid
Like Reply
(06-27-2023, 09:17 AM)IamDougieFresh Wrote: https://twitter.com/ClutchPointsApp/stat...05888?s=20

-Bruce Brown

I assume that team was Dallas, but maybe not. If so, doubtful he’d want to come here for the MLE. He’ll either get a bigger offer or have a few teams offering him that same offer.
Like Reply
https://twitter.com/thenbacentral/status...87553?s=46&t=XpVeN9ANJRnVrJR7UMxzIA

So the rumored Mcgee inclusion was the hold up. No way Mavs walk away from this deal. They want Mcgee in there so we can keep the full MLE. I suspect they would waive Reggie to make that happen if they had to.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Okstate819's post:
  • Tyler
Like Reply
(06-27-2023, 09:25 AM)KillerLeft Wrote: I assume that team was Dallas, but maybe not. If so, doubtful he’d want to come here for the MLE. He’ll either get a bigger offer or have a few teams offering him that same offer.

Even if it wasn't Dallas, just like Brunson he wants to start.  Why would he play behind Luka and Kyrie? Dallas needs a power forward badly. They have guards and Greeen can pass as a small forward. There is a big hole at power forward especially if you face a bigger team like Denver, Minnesota, Lakers, or even Golden State. Who is guarding Gordon, KAT, Hachimura, or Green? Who will help the center rebound? The best power forwards available are Harrison Barnes, grant Williams, and Trey Lyles. Not sure how good of a defender Trey Lyles is but he seems to be available.
Like Reply

-Bruce Brown

Very much sounds like a dumbass Cuban quote
[-] The following 1 user Likes Jym's post:
  • HoosierDaddyKid
Like Reply
(06-27-2023, 09:28 AM)Okstate819 Wrote: https://twitter.com/thenbacentral/status...87553?s=46&t=XpVeN9ANJRnVrJR7UMxzIA

So the rumored Mcgee inclusion was the hold up. No way Mavs walk away from this deal. They want Mcgee in there so we can keep the full MLE. I suspect they would waive Reggie to make that happen if they had to.

It sure feels like the Ayton deal will happen eventually. They're way too close to let a smaller detail derail it.
Like Reply
(06-27-2023, 09:35 AM)Tyler Wrote: It sure feels like the Ayton deal will happen eventually. They're way too close to let a smaller detail derail it.

What about the HUGE detail of “God, please God NO, NOOOOOOOO!”?????
[-] The following 1 user Likes KillerLeft's post:
  • BigDirk41
Like Reply
(06-27-2023, 09:36 AM)KillerLeft Wrote: What about the HUGE detail of “God, please God NO, NOOOOOOOO!”?????

The road to the championship will be paved with the crystallized tears of strangely entrenched fans who were inevitably proven wrong.
[-] The following 3 users Like Tyler's post:
  • DanSchwartzgan, MFFL, SleepingHero
Like Reply
(06-27-2023, 09:40 AM)Tyler Wrote: The road to the championship will be paved with the crystallized tears of strangely entrenched fans who were inevitably proven wrong.

That’s astute.
Like Reply
I'm on the fence about Ayton, but if you can get him in exchange for 1-3 bad salaries (depending on one's viewpoint) then I think you gotta do it.
Like Reply
(06-27-2023, 09:40 AM)Tyler Wrote: The road to the championship will be paved with the crystallized tears of strangely entrenched fans who were inevitably proven wrong.

I keep hoping I’m going to be wrong about something, but over the last 2-3 years I’ve been right about each and every depressing concern. 

Well, except for Dinwiddie. He was better than I expected. 

But about what type of center actually works in the league today? No, I’ve been right on the target with anything even juxtaposed to that conversation, conceptually.
[-] The following 2 users Like KillerLeft's post:
  • BigDirk41, RoyTarpleysGhost
Like Reply
(06-27-2023, 09:28 AM)Okstate819 Wrote: https://twitter.com/thenbacentral/status...87553?s=46&t=XpVeN9ANJRnVrJR7UMxzIA

If the report is even true, I wonder if this is because 1) Dallas has a commitment from an MLE guy already 2) the financial restrictions of taking on Ayton 3) Dallas wants to remain flexible.  

I really need to think more about Ayton.   I change my opinion often.  I thought this was dead when they drafted Lively.   I don't know what to think.
[-] The following 2 users Like Chicagojk's post:
  • ItsGoTime, Nowitzki Way
Like Reply
Like others, i'm on the fence with Ayton. For several reasons. I wont even bring up money/contracts as that's an obvious issue.

1. I'm not sure we need him anymore. I like Richaun Holmes. I think he has something left. Add in minutes from Lively, Kleber, and yes even McGee. Probably re-sign Powell. The center spot is better than last year.

2. I don't want to help Phoenix. They have no depth and want to dump Ayton to spread his money over 2 or 3 role players. Smart play on their part. As i mentioned, i like Holmes. And THJ off the bench for them would be a nice addition.

I'm not sure they'll find 2 better players for that Ayton contract. I want no part of helping out the Suns.
[-] The following 2 users Like Nowitzki Way's post:
  • BigDirk41, MFFL
Like Reply
(06-27-2023, 10:04 AM)Nowitzki Way Wrote: Like others, i'm on the fence with Ayton. For several reasons. I wont even bring up money/contracts as that's an obvious issue.

1. I'm not sure we need him anymore. I like Richaun Holmes. I think he has something left. Add in minutes from Lively, Kleber, and yes even McGee. Probably re-sign Powell.  The center spot is better than last year.

2. I don't want to help Phoenix. They have no depth and want to dump Ayton to spread his money over 2 or 3 role players. Smart play on their part. As i mentioned, i like Holmes.  And THJ off the bench for them would be a nice addition.

I'm not sure they'll find 2 better players for that Ayton contract. I want no part of helping out the Suns.

I was out on Ayton but at some point the value becomes so low you have to do it. He's a top 10 Center in the league and although you'd rather have a cheaper stop-gap until Lively is ready, you can more than likely move Ayton in 2 years for a greater return than what your giving now. He will become easier to move as his contract has less years and I have no doubt he will continue to be a 18/10 guy here.
[-] The following 3 users Like Okstate819's post:
  • DanSchwartzgan, SleepingHero, Tyler
Like Reply
(06-27-2023, 10:11 AM)Okstate819 Wrote: I was out on Ayton but at some point the value becomes so low you have to do it. He's a top 10 Center in the league and although you'd rather have a cheaper stop-gap until Lively is ready, you can more than likely move Ayton in 2 years for a greater return than what your giving now. He will become easier to move as his contract has less years and I have no doubt he will continue to be a 18/10 guy here.

Definitely on the fence and I've gone back and forth a million times.  For me it comes down to the unknown, Richaun Holmes. 

If his demise is overblown and he can still be that player he was before last season,  then we need to keep him.   He can bring similar production for a third of the cost.
[-] The following 2 users Like Nowitzki Way's post:
  • BigDirk41, MFFL
Like Reply
THJ+Holmes+McGee..

..or the Mavs walk away..
That should be the stance.

Suns WILL bite, that's how desperate they are.
If they don't.. I'm not gonna feel bad about it.
And so would a lot of Mav fans.

If ever though: C rotation should be just 2 man deep, with a Maxi cameo every now and then.
[-] The following 5 users Like Razzmatazz_Hopskidillydoo's post:
  • Ghost of Podkolzin, IamDougieFresh, KillerLeft, Okstate819, Smitty
Like Reply
Holmes and Ayton are both distressed assets with potential to find or regain their form. But if I’m betting on one of them, it’s definitely Ayton. He’s younger, bigger, and more skilled. He also hates Phoenix for whatever reason. Teaming up with another player in his draft class could be a motivator.
[-] The following 1 user Likes ThisIStheYear's post:
  • DanSchwartzgan
Like Reply
(06-27-2023, 10:25 AM)Razzmatazz_Hopskidillydoo Wrote: THJ+Holmes+McGee..

..or the Mavs walk away..
That should be the stance.

Suns WILL bite, that's how desperate they are.
If they don't.. I'm not gonna feel bad about it.
And so would a lot of Mav fans.

If ever though: C rotation should be just 2 man deep, with a Maxi cameo every now and then.

Common Razzmatazz W
"The Dallas Mavericks must do everything they can to get Olivier-Maxence Prosper."
- IamDougieFresh (05-20-2023, 04:39 AM)
[-] The following 1 user Likes IamDougieFresh's post:
  • SleepingHero
Like Reply