Thread Rating:
  • 11 Vote(s) - 3.91 Average
Trade & FA 2023-24: Paul George to Test Free Agency After No Contract Extension
(06-21-2023, 01:20 PM)Chicagojk Wrote: Really interesting to think what a KP trade looks like to the Celtics.    Boston is full with good veterans---most well paid.  What would Washington want back?  Don't have many young, good players.

I think the deal has to involve a 3rd team. WAS doesn't want long term salary. 

Maybe the Mavs can swoop in and provide some expiring contracts and are paid with a vet or two from BOS.
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
[-] The following 1 user Likes SleepingHero's post:
  • RoyTarpleysGhost
Like Reply
(06-21-2023, 12:15 PM)Scott41theMavs Wrote: You mean, Cason Wallace?

I'm sure posting the links I watched would be redundant but, yes, him.
Like Reply
(06-21-2023, 01:28 PM)SleepingHero Wrote: I think the deal has to involve a 3rd team. WAS doesn't want long term salary. 

Maybe the Mavs can swoop in and provide some expiring contracts and are paid with a vet or two from BOS.

good call
Sources: Wizards, Celtics and Clippers are in strong talks on a trade that would send Kristaps Porzingis to Boston, Marcus Morris and draft compensation to Washington and Malcolm Brogdon to Los Angeles. Sides are still working through details and Porzingis’ $36M player option.

https://twitter.com/shamscharania/status...66381?s=46&t=3MN91oJhL7tCeLgkvFUZ_g

Sources: Wizards, Celtics and Clippers are in strong talks on a trade that would send Kristaps Porzingis to Boston, Marcus Morris and draft compensation to Washington and Malcolm Brogdon to Los Angeles. Sides are still working through details and Porzingis’ $36M player option.
Like Reply
(06-21-2023, 01:08 PM)Chicagojk Wrote: I mean it won't happen, but I would be thrilled with an offseason like this:

Draft Lively--Maybe trade with Orlando.  Get pick 36.  Maybe something else?
Pick 36- Someone like GG Jackson
Trade for Grant Williams
Take a flier on a young kid like Trevor Keels-  supposedly one of the guys Dallas targeted before Hardy fell.

If the answer to our holes at starting 4 and 5 is to roll into next season with Grant Williams and Lively, I think I'm finally done with this team.  If I'm Luka, I'm asking out before the season even begins.

edit: my apologies if you're suggesting those two guys as just part of the offseason
Like Reply
(06-21-2023, 01:57 PM)RoyTarpleysGhost Wrote: r option.

https://twitter.com/shamscharania/status...66381?s=46&t=3MN91oJhL7tCeLgkvFUZ_g

Oh my. That'd certainly shake some things up. Clippers don't want to run it back with Westbrook it seems and trading Morris kind of opens a hole for them at the 4?
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
Like Reply
Christian Wood was born to be a Wizard.
[-] The following 4 users Like cow's post:
  • audiosway, BigDirk41, Ghost of Podkolzin, MFFL
Like Reply
https://twitter.com/All_Things_Mavs/stat...4286188545
https://twitter.com/All_Things_Mavs/stat...1517290496
Quote:The Mavericks are considered the favorites to land Al Horford, according to @KevinOConnorNBA.
Al Horford is NOT the Mavericks' priority this summer, per @espn_macmahon.
Like Reply
(06-21-2023, 02:02 PM)SleepingHero Wrote: https://twitter.com/All_Things_Mavs/stat...4286188545

F*** my life. Did Cuban google: "who is the oldest player in the league?"
[-] The following 3 users Like Mavs2021's post:
  • From Dirk to Luka, Ghost of Podkolzin, SweetFidelia
Like Reply
(06-21-2023, 02:03 PM)Mavs2021 Wrote: F*** my life. Did Cuban google: "who is the oldest player in the league?"

Instead of Powell as our third or fourth big man? Sure!
Like Reply
Horford is only due 2 yrs/$19.5 million. I could actually see him or Capela as possibilities if you want to draft Lively and let him grow into the starting center role.

I dont see any way you are counting on Lively to play big minutes next year.
[-] The following 1 user Likes RoyTarpleysGhost's post:
  • Ghost of Podkolzin
Like Reply
(06-21-2023, 02:01 PM)cow Wrote: Christian Wood was born to be a Wizard.

He would make a great tank commander
We didn't make the cut but thanks for all the support!
Like Reply
(06-21-2023, 02:07 PM)RoyTarpleysGhost Wrote: Horford is only due 2 yrs/$19.5 million.  I could actually see him or Capela as possibilities if you want to draft Lively and let him grow into the starting center role.

Yeah I thought it was much worse, but still. I just don´t get this Lively hype.
Like Reply
KP was pretty good last year on a bad team. Can he stay healthy? It appears he would fit real well there if he stayed healthy. I like the gamble by Boston.

Look at the veterans Stevens has signed or traded for the last few years: Horford, White, Brogdon & potentially KP. Sort of beats McGee, Wood, Bullock, etc. They have done a real nice job building around their stars. Not so much Dallas. They have had a few first round picks to offer to make some of these trades happen.
Like Reply
(06-21-2023, 01:18 PM)Jym Wrote: Probably nothing special but I bet he's going to look great on the Celtics as a 3rd or 4th option where he can go for a random 30 or 40 here and there in the playoffs with positive defense

I think Mavs fans greatly undervalue KP.  Top 10 defensive big and 6th in 3ptM for bigs at 38.5%3pt.
[-] The following 3 users Like Ghost of Podkolzin's post:
  • BigDirk41, From Dirk to Luka, SweetFidelia
Like Reply
So does that put Chris Paul out of the Clippers plans? Lakers, Miami, Milwaukee....any other options?
Like Reply
(06-21-2023, 02:07 PM)RoyTarpleysGhost Wrote: Horford is only due 2 yrs/$19.5 million.  I could actually see him or Capela as possibilities if you want to draft Lively and let him grow into the starting center role.

I keep saying that.  Only 20mins/game.  He had whole games where he didn't contribute.  IMO, Lively is 3 years out from being in our 8-man rotation for the playoffs.
Like Reply
(06-21-2023, 02:03 PM)Mavs2021 Wrote: F*** my life. Did Cuban google: "who is the oldest player in the league?"

I mean I am highly dubious over KOC's info. I don't think he's plugged in at all w/ the Mavs.

But in the event that its true, is Horford that bad? He's a fantastic vet and knows how to defend. He's old, but if he's coming to the Mavs as a salary dump I think that's a win.
Like Reply
(06-21-2023, 02:02 PM)SleepingHero Wrote: https://twitter.com/All_Things_Mavs/stat...4286188545
2019 Tweets just so everyone knows lol
[-] The following 1 user Likes SamStetz's post:
  • SleepingHero
Like Reply
(06-21-2023, 02:40 PM)SamStetz Wrote: 2019 Tweets just so everyone knows lol

The mods might want to re-edit the thread title again... unless it was a SH troll to begin with, of course.
Like Reply
If KP takes his option, Boston needs to add more salary than just Brogdon to make it work. Williams SnT could fit nicely, with Mavs sending some salary to Washington. Since I don't think 2023 picks are involved in this deal anyway, I think they could afford to wait 10 days

Edit: or they just add Gallo and Muscala and it works financially.
Like Reply