Thread Rating:
  • 11 Vote(s) - 3.91 Average
Trade & FA 2023-24: Booker Likes NYK? Vogel Out? Suns Imploding?
(04-19-2024, 09:51 AM)mvossman Wrote: A Green for Caruso swap is going to cost you a first.  I would just simplify to Timmy + first for Caruso.  Use the extra money to hold onto DJJ and you still have Green.

I agree, I was just focusing on the salary aspect since there has been some debate on what would have to be added. I don't believe THJ+1st gets it done. Too many other teams would be willing to offer a pick and a smaller expiring.
Like Reply
Coby White has been having a bit of a break through year. He could help bring offense when Luka or Kyrie are not on the court.

Could the Bulls be tempted into trading him for THJ and a 1st round pick? Include Hardy if needed.

G: Kyrie, Coby
G: Green, Exum
F: Luka, DJJ
F: PJ, Kleber
C: Gafford, Lively

Or has his play gone past the point where the Bulls will not now consider it?

I actually think he'd be an excellent pick-up by the Orlando Magic as he would be a starter there.

- Coby, Suggs, Franz, Banchero/Isaac, WCJ

[-] The following 1 user Likes RGP1981's post:
  • Luka77
Like Reply
(04-19-2024, 12:23 PM)RGP1981 Wrote: Coby White has been having a bit of a break through year. He could help bring offense when Luka or Kyrie are not on the court.

Could the Bulls be tempted into trading him for THJ and a 1st round pick? Include Hardy if needed.

G: Kyrie, Coby
G: Green, Exum
F: Luka, DJJ
F: PJ, Kleber
C: Gafford, Lively

Or has his play gone past the point where the Bulls will not now consider it?

I actually think he'd be an excellent pick-up by the Orlando Magic as he would be a starter there.

- Coby, Suggs, Franz, Banchero/Isaac, WCJ

White was a RFA last year. Nobody wanted him. He was sitting there forever with PJ Washington. Ultimately quietly settled for a 36/3 extension. I thought about him, but not in my wildest dreams did I see this coming.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Mavs2021's post:
  • RGP1981
Like Reply
(04-19-2024, 10:35 AM)SleepingHero Wrote: Caruso is the more impactful defender. But it's close. Thybulle is right there. Impact metrics this year are skewed as he was on this horrible Portland team. I'd place both in the top 5 of best defenders under 6'7. Caruso's real value is that he is just a way more polished offensive player than Thybulle. 

Thybulle may get you 6 points a night if his 3 ball is falling. If not, he isn't going to shoot like Josh Green, nor is he going to create anything off the dribble. He is a fantastic cutter, but teams sag off of him for a reason. He shot nearly 40% on 3s in the first 40 games of the season but then January-March he was down to 22%.

Caruso is the better player but I think 1 of them is going to cost an arm and a leg. Thybulle won't cost multiple firsts. He may not even cost one and he'll give 95% of the same defensive impact as Caruso. 

So factoring in cost of acquisition and similarities of play, Thybulle is a no brainer to me.

Makes sense.  I agree.
Like Reply
(04-19-2024, 01:18 AM)KillerLeft Wrote: Who was he in the cave?

Is the Cave in question Plato’s?
Like Reply
(04-19-2024, 01:39 PM)MarkAguirreWrathofGod Wrote: Is the Cave in question Plato’s?

You could say that some bit of philosophy took place in the Cave.
Not very astute ^^^^
[-] The following 3 users Like fifteenth's post:
  • KillerLeft, MarkAguirreWrathofGod, Scott41theMavs
Like Reply
These are the players that I think would fit the current roster needs next season and maybe available.

1. Bench Scorer (Coby White, Anfernee Simons)

2. Defensive wing with ability to hit open shots (Mikal Bridges, Tre Murphy III, Deni Avdija, Brandon Ingram,)
[-] The following 1 user Likes Luka77's post:
  • sterlingmallory
Like Reply
(04-19-2024, 07:22 PM)Luka77 Wrote: These are the players that I think would fit the current roster needs next season and maybe available.

1. Bench Scorer (Coby White , Anfernee Simons)

2. Defensive wing with ability to hit open shots (Mikal Bridges, Tre Murphy III, Deni Avdija, Brandon Ingram,)

Coby White - 12M 24/25, 12.88M 25/26, UFA 2026

Anfernee Simmons -  25.9M 24/25, 27.7M 25/26, UFA 2026

Mikal Bridges - 23.3M 24/25, 24.9M 25/26, UFA 2026

Trey Murphy - 5.16M 24/25, RFA 2026

Deni Avija - 15.625M 24/25, 14.375M 25/26, 13.125M 26/27, 11.875M 27/28, UFA 2028

Brandon Ingram - 36.01M 24/25, UFA 2026
[-] The following 2 users Like youzigizag's post:
  • From Dirk to Luka, Luka77
Like Reply
Is this thread mainly about looking for someone who is already what PJ Washington might be in two years?
Not very astute ^^^^
[-] The following 3 users Like fifteenth's post:
  • BigDirk41, DallasMaverick, SleepingHero
Like Reply
(04-19-2024, 08:16 PM)fifteenth Wrote: Is this thread mainly about looking for someone who is already what PJ Washington might be in two years?

I would say its more about upgrading from Josh and DJJ in the starting lineup and adding to the bench scoring when Luka and/or Irving are off the floor.

I hope PJ continues to develop but the Mavs need to keep adding to the core.  The West is only going to get tougher every year.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Luka77's post:
  • Ghost of Podkolzin
Like Reply
NBACentral (@TheDunkCentral)
Adrian Wojnarowski says that the Miami Heat are well-positioned to potentially acquire a star who aligns with Bam Adebayo's age timeline

Now who could Woj be alluding to?
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
Like Reply
Now that teams are trying harder, its easier to evaluate individual performances of players.

Does anyone have a small list of guys that might be gettable this summer or next TDL that are playing in these playoffs that Mavs might be interested in?

Example: New Orleans Pelicans supposedly might be near a squeeze out of some talent. Various names have been mentioned on here and RealGM that I have read. The 3 more common names that might be gettable are Brandon Ingram, Herb Jones and Trey Murphy III. Without getting too caught up in the "thats ridiculous, that player is no where near available"........there has been talk that Herb Jones isnt getting moved. But...I noticed last night that Herb Jones seemed to split time with another player that I have seen like one person on this board promote...that is Naji Marshal. Naji seemed to come in and impact the game immediately last night. I thought it was odd that Naji did not play in the Lakers game...but played last night...AND...Herb Jones just happened to get 10 minutes less than all the other starters while Naji seemed to put up better stats all around than Jones last night in same amount of minutes.

That is just one example of a team....and obviously only one game. I dont know who is or isnt available out of Ingram(expensive and probably on the block), Murphy, Jones, Marshall. But I am curious as to any other players to watch that Mavs might have a chance of getting that I can watch this post-season.
Like Reply
(04-20-2024, 10:11 AM)youzigizag Wrote: Now that teams are trying harder, its easier to evaluate individual performances of players.

Does anyone have a small list of guys that might be gettable this summer or next TDL that are playing in these playoffs that Mavs might be interested in?

Example: New Orleans Pelicans supposedly might be near a squeeze out of some talent.  Various names have been mentioned on here and RealGM that I have read.  The 3 more common names that might be gettable are Brandon Ingram, Herb Jones and Trey Murphy III.  Without getting too caught up in the "thats ridiculous, that player is no where near available"........there has been talk that Herb Jones isnt getting moved.  But...I noticed last night that Herb Jones seemed to split time with another player that I have seen like one person on this board promote...that is Naji Marshal.  Naji seemed to come in and impact the game immediately last night.  I thought it was odd that Naji did not play in the Lakers game...but played last night...AND...Herb Jones just happened to get 10 minutes less than all the other starters while Naji seemed to put up better stats all around than Jones last night in same amount of minutes.

That is just one example of a team....and obviously only one game.  I dont know who is or isnt available out of Ingram(expensive and probably on the block), Murphy, Jones, Marshall.  But I am curious as to any other players to watch that Mavs might have a chance of getting that I can watch this post-season.

Is there also someone else's wife you're keeping an eye on?
[-] The following 1 user Likes DallasMaverick's post:
  • Ghost of Podkolzin
Like Reply
(04-20-2024, 10:52 AM)DallasMaverick Wrote: Is there also someone else's wife you're keeping an eye on?

Are you eyeing anyone else but me?
Like Reply
(04-20-2024, 11:05 AM)youzigizag Wrote: Are you eyeing anyone else but me?

Just trying to be faithful to the one who brung me.
Like Reply
Why are you speaking in riddles?

Just be normal
Like Reply
[Image: confused-wait-what.gif]
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
[-] The following 3 users Like SleepingHero's post:
  • fifteenth, From Dirk to Luka, Scott41theMavs
Like Reply
(04-19-2024, 10:34 PM)SleepingHero Wrote: NBACentral (@TheDunkCentral)
Adrian Wojnarowski says that the Miami Heat are well-positioned to potentially acquire a star who aligns with Bam Adebayo's age timeline

Now who could Woj be alluding to?

Donovan Mitchell IMO
Like Reply
Isn't this an annual rite of spring over the last few years, where Woj makes "news" as he proclaims that MIA (with a set of so-so assets) is on track to have an opportunity to land an all-star soon ... and then nothing really happens, followed by excuses all around?

I recall this happened with Kyrie and Lillard and Durant and Beal (and probably others I'm forgetting), and all did get traded but not to MIA.
[-] The following 2 users Like F Gump's post:
  • fifteenth, SleepingHero
Like Reply
(04-20-2024, 06:28 PM)F Gump Wrote: Isn't this an annual rite of spring over the last few years, where Woj makes "news" as he proclaims that MIA (with a set of so-so assets) is on track to have an opportunity to land an all-star soon ... and then nothing really happens, followed by excuses all around?

I recall this happened with Kyrie and Lillard and Durant and Beal (and probably others I'm forgetting), and all did get traded but not to MIA.

Yeah, but it also happened with Butler.
Pessimism doesn’t make you smart, just pessimistic.
Like Reply