Thread Rating:
  • 11 Vote(s) - 3.91 Average
Trade & FA 2023-24: OKC The Favorite For Nic Claxton Should He Leave BRK
(03-25-2024, 09:50 AM)mvossman Wrote: The ignore function is very handy.

Ya I'm done derailing and apologize to the rest of the board letting frustrations boiling over.  I've had him on ignore for a while now, only had to use it twice since I've been on this board, but saw him insult Mavs2021 when I wasn't logged in and just browsing and felt the need to say something but I'm just going to leave him on ignore.  Won't change much since all his posts suggest the same exact thing over and over and over again.  This has always been one of my favorite spots because it's usually very high level Mavs discussion and I feel like we've had a lot of good posters leave recently and I think that's part of my frustrations as well and I took it out on one of the posters I feel slightly responsible for that.

Really wish we could find a good way to bring the Discord community and this board back together on a platform that suits everyone's needs (a Slack channel would honestly be the best of both worlds).
Like Reply
(03-25-2024, 10:13 AM)StrandedOnBeauboisHill Wrote: Ya I'm done derailing and apologize to the rest of the board letting frustrations boiling over.  I've had him on ignore for a while now, only had to use it twice since I've been on this board, but saw him insult Mavs2021 when I wasn't logged in and just browsing and felt the need to say something but I'm just going to leave him on ignore.  Won't change much since all his posts suggest the same exact thing over and over and over again.  This has always been one of my favorite spots because it's usually very high level Mavs discussion and I feel like we've had a lot of good posters leave recently and I think that's part of my frustrations as well and I took it out on one of the posters I feel slightly responsible for that.

Really wish we could find a good way to bring the Discord community and this board back together on a platform that suits everyone's needs (a Slack channel would honestly be the best of both worlds).

You're fine dude. I had my own spat with the Utah Mavericks Superfan before. 

I gave him a warning then, I'll give him another warning now.

Also we haven't really lost any posters recently! Just wanted to clarify that point. FGump and Dan are still around. You're still around! Just had a mini ASB with not much action so I think everyone took a small break.

Either way, thanks for letting me know and I agree the community is divided right now.
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
[-] The following 1 user Likes SleepingHero's post:
  • Scott41theMavs
Like Reply
(03-25-2024, 02:00 PM)SleepingHero Wrote: FGump and Dan are still around. 

Has Dan posted recently?
Like Reply
(03-25-2024, 02:09 PM)Scott41theMavs Wrote: Has Dan posted recently?

No, but he's logged in pretty consistently as I see him on the banner at the top of the board all the time.

One thing about Dan is that he's not one to hastily make comments. He's 100% watching this team and is formulating his ideas as they play out the final stretch.
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
  • Scott41theMavs
Like Reply
(03-25-2024, 02:09 PM)Scott41theMavs Wrote: Has Dan posted recently?

I have no idea if Dan is consciously avoiding posting or not, but tbh, he only really posts trade/free agent ideas (with the occasional rotation prediction) and we're currently in the one and only part of the year when those conversations aren't the most popular thing going around here. So, it could just be that.
[-] The following 1 user Likes KillerLeft's post:
  • Scott41theMavs
Like Reply
https://twitter.com/BradeauxNBA/status/1...0767657082

Shams says the Rockets called the Nets about a Mikal Bridges for Jalen Green W multiple 1st's swap.
Like Reply
(03-25-2024, 02:47 PM)HoosierDaddyKidd Wrote: https://twitter.com/BradeauxNBA/status/1...0767657082

Shams says the Rockets called the Nets about a Mikal Bridges for Jalen Green W multiple 1st's swap.

The fact the Nets turned that down is insane to me.

Basically got all their own 1sts back, plus pick swaps, AND Jalen Green.

I don't think Jalen Green can be a top 5 SG at his position, but its not like Mikal can be that either.
Like Reply
(03-25-2024, 03:54 PM)SleepingHero Wrote: The fact the Nets turned that down is insane to me.

I don't think Jalen Green can be a top 5 SG at his position, but its not like Mikal can be that either.

Green has turned the corner lately in his all-around play.  I believe he was named Western Conference Player of the Week, and he isn't jacking up bad shots. He has a lot to do with their 8 game-winning streak with Sengun out for the season.
Like Reply
(03-25-2024, 03:54 PM)SleepingHero Wrote: The fact the Nets turned that down is insane to me.

Yeah, I like Bridges, too, but not as a guy around whom a team can be built.
Like Reply

I don't think Jalen Green can be a top 5 SG at his position, but it’s not like Mikal can be that either.

Green was ass until like two weeks ago.

Until

A Model Is Claiming She Had Jalen Green's Baby Last Month, While Another Stripper Is Saying She Has The Same Due Date As His 39 Year Old Girlfriend Draya Michele
Like Reply
(03-25-2024, 04:48 PM)RoyTarpleysGhost Wrote: Green was ass until like two weeks ago.

Until

A Model Is Claiming She Had Jalen Green's Baby Last Month, While Another Stripper Is Saying She Has The Same Due Date As His 39 Year Old Girlfriend Draya Michele

I wouldn't go so far as to call him ass but he definitely wasn't what he is today. 

But if you're the Nets would you rather have a guy who's averaged 20+ppg, can jump out the gym, and is only 22. PLUS all your picks back and even then some. Or Mikal Bridges who is the better player but is 6 years older. 

Neither of them are foundational piece guys, but 1 of them lets you actually completely start over. Silly to me imo. Especially since Green has always had the chance to grow into something more. Like knocking up IG models and getting the baby buff.
  • Scott41theMavs
Like Reply
Dejounte Murray in March:

26.1 Points per game
8.8 Assists per game
2.3 Steals per game
4.0 Three pointers made per game

The only player in the NBA to rank top 10 in PPG, APG, SPG and 3PM this month.

https://twitter.com/StatMamba/status/177...8766982610
Like Reply
(03-26-2024, 05:36 AM)RGP1981 Wrote: Dejounte Murray in March:

26.1 Points per game
8.8 Assists per game
2.3 Steals per game
4.0 Three pointers made per game

The only player in the NBA to rank top 10 in PPG, APG, SPG and 3PM this month.

https://twitter.com/StatMamba/status/177...8766982610

And he still isn't better than Kyrie!
[-] The following 2 users Like SleepingHero's post:
  • BigDirk41, MFFL
Like Reply
[Image: IMG_7601.jpg?ex=661604db&is=66038fdb&hm=...eight=1520]
I need Thybulle on the Mavs
  • Ghost of Podkolzin
Like Reply
(03-28-2024, 12:31 AM)SleepingHero Wrote: [Image: IMG_7601.jpg?ex=661604db&is=66038fdb&hm=...eight=1520]

Great list and I will assume this as an indicator of best defenders. Many of them match the eye test. Looking at who might be available and Mavs don't win it all with this team, this would be my preferences:
- dream target Paul George. He still didn't resign with Clippers, which indicates he demands more than they are willing to pay. Any deal would require Clippers to play along (trade or SnT) either taking some of our guys (unlikely) or third team would be needed to take our contracts. George would provide the offense we are looking for in THJ now, combined with very good defense we are looking for with guys like Exum, DJJ or Green. Downside is that he is getting old and his contract will likely be an albatross and he would still cost assets to get. But as a way of optimizing the Kyrie window, there is likely not much better you can get. Mavs would enter a true contender status if they manage to get him. Probably a pipedream, but not totally impossible. George is a player that has the status to demand where he wants to be
- realistic target: Caruso. Elite defender who can move the ball and shoot. Basically a better version of DJJ, Exum or Green. He is not that much better though and not sure how much better the team would be with him. 
- Thybulle. Mavs wanted him in the past. Elite defender, but problem offensively. I would rather keep DJJ and only think about Thybulle if Mavs are unable to resign him.
[-] The following 3 users Like omahen's post:
  • From Dirk to Luka, Ghost of Podkolzin, SleepingHero
Like Reply
George would obviously be good and Caruso is fun but i think i would go a different direction. i would be locked in to what New Orleans is doing. they have three guys that would fit great in the DJJ/JOsh Green Role of point of attack defenders.

first i would call on Herb Jones and see what they want. i'm not giving up the farm but can Josh Green, O-Max and a first get it done. he is not far away from being very potent on both ends. he just needs to work on his dribble game.

Seccond, i would ask about Trey Murphy. NO has some hefty salaries and Murphy is going into the last year of his rookie deal and will expect an extension this summer. what do they want for him?

Lastly, Naji Marshall is a free agent and i would be suprised if they kept him. he is a solid 3pt shooter a good defender and an agitator. he is a dog that would help turn up the temperature of this team in a good way. he will probably sign for MLE or less. with the mavs assets he might be one of my first calls this offseason.
[-] The following 2 users Like Mavs32's post:
  • From Dirk to Luka, Ghost of Podkolzin
Like Reply
(03-28-2024, 12:31 AM)SleepingHero Wrote: [Image: IMG_7601.jpg?ex=661604db&is=66038fdb&hm=...eight=1520]

I tried to do exactly that statistically last year and never got there.  This is amazing.  The best part?  There are no sleepers on the list; it's what you know just from watching or reputation.
Like Reply
(03-28-2024, 05:13 AM)omahen Wrote: Great list and I will assume this as an indicator of best defenders. Many of them match the eye test. Looking at who might be available and Mavs don't win it all with this team, this would be my preferences:
- dream target Paul George. He still didn't resign with Clippers, which indicates he demands more than they are willing to pay. Any deal would require Clippers to play along (trade or SnT) either taking some of our guys (unlikely) or third team would be needed to take our contracts. George would provide the offense we are looking for in THJ now, combined with very good defense we are looking for with guys like Exum, DJJ or Green. Downside is that he is getting old and his contract will likely be an albatross and he would still cost assets to get. But as a way of optimizing the Kyrie window, there is likely not much better you can get. Mavs would enter a true contender status if they manage to get him. Probably a pipedream, but not totally impossible. George is a player that has the status to demand where he wants to be
- realistic target: Caruso. Elite defender who can move the ball and shoot. Basically a better version of DJJ, Exum or Green. He is not that much better though and not sure how much better the team would be with him. 
- Thybulle. Mavs wanted him in the past. Elite defender, but problem offensively. I would rather keep DJJ and only think about Thybulle if Mavs are unable to resign him.

I think Caruso would be a significant upgrade over any of those three.  DJJ is a good defender, but Caruso is in another league, and a better fit offensively.  We will know more after the playoffs, but if we are going to make a reasonable sized move this coming offseason, that would make a lot of sense (depending on cost).

George is almost 34.  He would have made a lot of sense 5 years ago, but not sure how much longer he can play at elite level.
[-] The following 1 user Likes mvossman's post:
  • From Dirk to Luka
Like Reply
(03-28-2024, 05:13 AM)omahen Wrote: Great list and I will assume this as an indicator of best defenders. Many of them match the eye test. Looking at who might be available and Mavs don't win it all with this team, this would be my preferences:

Really well thought out post. Love the suggestions.

Obviously PG13 is the pipedream. As a 3rd option saying he'd be fantastic here seems like an understatement. He's been on a hot streak of 29ppg on 55/45/90 the last 2 weeks. Mavs barely need him to do half of that here with Kyrie and Luka. But having that kind of talent at the 3 is what makes it so tantalizing. A consistent 18ppg scorer as a 3rd option takes this team from really good to mega contention. But getting him here is the real hurdle. 

Its curious to me the Clippers haven't extended him like they did Kawhi. I don't think money is an issue because Balmer has never had an issue throwing crazy contracts around. With a brand new stadium looming, I find it hard to believe that Balmer wouldn't do everything he can to keep George so he can have headliners.

Is the 2nd apron really that punitive that even Balmer, a guy who really could buy every single NBA team and still be fine, shy away from his 2nd best player this summer? I'm doubtful.

A SnT between the Mavs and Clips doesn't really make sense unless we're willing to part with PJ+Green+and probably 1 of Hardy or OMax. I'm making up this package and it seems incredibly pricey but I can't imagine the Clippers let him go for nothing in a SnT and we have to match contracts here. So many doubts plus we have to contend with PHI who can outright sign him makes me think there really isn't an avenue for George. And that's before getting to his health issues. 

To me, the real prize on that list is Thybulle. The fact the Mavs already attempted to sign him is the biggest piece of evidence to me that Nico will try again. Not only is he  cheap enough where can be grabbed for a reasonable package, but he pretty much fills the role we want from Josh Green right now currently. Green is a better player offensively, don't get me wrong. He's one of the most efficient guards in the league. I love Green and have recouped my land I leased out. But Thybulle's defense is a game changer even if he can't score properly. 

The only package that makes sense to me is based around a Thybulle and Green swap, but that feels extremely pricey for the Mavs. If POR gave up maybe GSW 1st that's protected top 4 this year then that really evens out the deal. Not sure why'd they do that though unless they were really high on Green.
Like Reply
(03-28-2024, 08:07 AM)Mavs32 Wrote: George would obviously be good and Caruso is fun but i think i would go a different direction.  i would be locked in to what New Orleans is doing.  they have three guys that would fit great in the DJJ/JOsh Green Role of point of attack defenders.

first i would call on Herb Jones and see what they want.  i'm not giving up the farm but can Josh Green, O-Max and a first get it done.  he is not far away from  being very potent on both ends.  he just needs to work on his dribble game.

Seccond, i would ask about Trey Murphy.  NO has some hefty salaries and Murphy is going into the last year of his rookie deal and will expect an extension this summer.  what do they want for him?

Lastly, Naji Marshall is a free agent and i would be suprised if they kept him.  he is a solid 3pt shooter a good defender and an agitator.  he is a dog that would help turn up the temperature of this team in a good way.  he will probably sign for MLE or less.  with the mavs assets he might be one of my first calls this offseason.

Our roster needs as many defensive upgrades as humanly possible, especially in the 6'8"-6'10", PF/SF range.  I love DJJ (need an upgrade as a starter), think Exum is perfect, but am down on Green.  I just see Green's projectory as a plateau right now.

This!  Spot freaking on.  The Pels are my second favorite team.  I'd be all about Herb, Trey, or Naji.  Sign Naji as a FA.

I will continue to preach getting Tari Eason also.  I see OG with more offensive upside with Tari, whilst he's buried at least 5 deep on HOU, who has ONE SG on the roster.  J.Green+ for T.Eason.

Resign Exum.

Resign DJJ.

Luka, Exum
Kyrie, Hardy
Eason, Naji
PJ, DJJ
Gafford, Lively

Trade for young depth: THJ
Playing every minute for the Legends: OMax
Trade fodder or deep on bench: Maxi, Morris, etc.
Like Reply