Thread Rating:
  • 11 Vote(s) - 3.91 Average
Trade & FA 2023-24: HOU Targeting Mikal Bridges again!| Mitchell is LAL #1 Target
(02-03-2024, 03:20 PM)mvossman Wrote: Who knows who might be available in the offseason.  I would prefer Cam Jonson to those guys.

I think Cam is solid. He's definitely a great shooter. Can he be the 3rd option on a contender and take the toughest defensive assignments? I'm not sold on that. He's already 28 and has been a role player his entire career. Not sure that's the kind of guy you deal multiple picks for.
Like Reply
(02-03-2024, 03:29 PM)DallasMaverick Wrote: Yes, Bridges doesn't have any warts.  But you misspelled his first name.

No warts, just some scrapes from his girlfriend brutalizing his knuckles with her face.
[-] The following 2 users Like loki's post:
  • BigDirk41, DallasMaverick
Like Reply
(02-03-2024, 03:30 PM)The Jom Wrote: What if it’s both? Kuz & Wiggs?

I dont know about cap...

But if you could get Moody as compensation for taking on Wiggins and also acquire Kuzma...

You increase the size of this team greatly.

Wiggins contract is just so big though.   I like the idea of turning this team into bigger bodies.

You would acquire a back up big and two large wings. The wings are probably too inefficient for most posters on here, though.
Like Reply
(02-03-2024, 03:29 PM)DallasMaverick Wrote: Yes, Bridges doesn't have any warts.  But you misspelled his first name.

See, it's posts like this that make me pray really hard that you're just a guy pretending to be Cuban as opposed to actually being Cuban. Because if he actually thought this way, I'd need to do a double face palm.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Scott41theMavs's post:
  • DallasMaverick
Like Reply
(02-03-2024, 02:25 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: Please, no first going out for Kuzma. If that's the price just please, God, no.

[Image: nope-no-god-please-no.gif]

Dude, you and your side of the fence are so often wrong about everything... so now, seeing you say no, is making me think I should say yes. I want to believe you, very much so... but how can I? Help!

(02-03-2024, 03:00 PM)SleepingHero Wrote: “Two league sources said the Mavs have claimed multiple offers of three first-rounders for Tim Hardaway Jr,”

(02-03-2024, 03:01 PM)mvossman Wrote: Is this a joke?

It sounds more like Nico Harrison decided to put on some training wheels and attempt to do GMing things. "Attempt" is the key word there. And he's failing quite miserably. Three first rounders for THJ? Like who would even believe that? Haha!! Big Grin
Like Reply
Zach Lavine opting for surgery and is out for the year. The Pistons almost got their guy. LOL
Like Reply
(02-03-2024, 03:39 PM)loki Wrote: No warts, just some scrapes from his girlfriend brutalizing his knuckles with her face.

There are people on this board who have seemingly forgiven Kobe for anally raping a girl so...
Like Reply
That girl chose to hang out with some very tall African American dudes...I dont remember her being under age. Kobe was married. So.

If I am the Mavs I am doing some very strong due diligence on Miles Bridges if he is available, we have the assets to get him, we feel he is the best 4 available within a reasonable price. If my due diligence, which includes talking to the cops that handled the case - along with past friends and girlfriends of Miles, tells me this was a one off situation and he was unfortunately with a female that knew how to push his buttons and there was equal or more instigating from her side...then I would sign the guy. Assuming everything suggests this guy has never been a women beater before and past girlfriends say he was never violent.

A bad situation is a bad situation. And sometimes its not as easy as just walking away. Unless you are telling me emotions are not a thing.

If my investigation says it was a one of situation and this guy doesnt have some bad temper...Im signing him and giving the bird to all the haters who want a guys life ruined without knowing who was the actual instigator.
Like Reply
(02-03-2024, 05:57 PM)youzigizag Wrote: That girl chose to hang out with some very tall African American dudes...I dont remember her being under age.  Kobe was married.  So. 

If I am the Mavs I am doing some very strong due diligence on Miles Bridges if he is available, we have the assets to get him, we feel he is the best 4 available within a reasonable price.  If my due diligence, which includes talking to the cops that handled the case - along with past friends and girlfriends of Miles, tells me this was a one off situation and he was unfortunately with a female that knew how to push his buttons and there was equal or more instigating from her side...then I would sign the guy.  Assuming everything suggests this guy has never been a women beater before and past girlfriends say he was never violent.

A bad situation is a bad situation.  And sometimes its not as easy as just walking away.  Unless you are telling me emotions are not a thing.

If my investigation says it was a one of situation and this guy doesnt have some bad temper...Im signing him and giving the bird to all the haters who want a guys life ruined without knowing who was the actual instigator.

I don’t know why we are talking about this guy. No bird rights so no way to hold on to him, regardless of the other stuff
[-] The following 4 users Like mvossman's post:
  • BigDirk41, F Gump, KillerLeft, Scott41theMavs
Like Reply
(02-03-2024, 05:57 PM)youzigizag Wrote: That girl chose to hang out with some very tall African American dudes...I dont remember her being under age.  Kobe was married.  So. 

I see you are playing the "blame the victim game" - I wonder how you would respond if something like this had happened to someone in your family.

From the New York Times:

Prosecutors seemed to have a strong case. According to court documents, an examination of the woman at a hospital revealed a bruise on her neck and tears in her vaginal wall. Both her underwear and Bryant’s shirt were bloody. Bryant told the police he had not explicitly asked for consent.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/01/27/sport...-case.html
Like Reply
(02-03-2024, 06:11 PM)mvossman Wrote: I don’t know why we are talking about this guy. No bird rights so no way to hold on to him, regardless of the other stuff

Even if a rental, it’s better than mortgaging your future for Kuzma or taking on Wiggins contract. I don’t like the guy as a human being but I’m a Mavs fan and it’s the best move for the Mavs, both this year and future years. 

I don’t know that what he did/didn’t do is worth losing his job or if he should be in prison for life but the legal system did what it did and the NBA did what they did so I won’t hold it against the Mavs if they made a move for him.

Definitely not buying his jersey or asking for an autograph but I’ll still watch the Mavs.
Like Reply
(02-03-2024, 05:57 PM)youzigizag Wrote: That girl chose to hang out with some very tall African American dudes...I dont remember her being under age. Kobe was married. So.

If I am the Mavs I am doing some very strong due diligence on Miles Bridges if he is available, we have the assets to get him, we feel he is the best 4 available within a reasonable price. If my due diligence, which includes talking to the cops that handled the case - along with past friends and girlfriends of Miles, tells me this was a one off situation and he was unfortunately with a female that knew how to push his buttons and there was equal or more instigating from her side...then I would sign the guy. Assuming everything suggests this guy has never been a women beater before and past girlfriends say he was never violent.

A bad situation is a bad situation. And sometimes its not as easy as just walking away. Unless you are telling me emotions are not a thing.

You can give the Bird to anyone you want... except Miles Bridges. He has a no-trade addendum in his contract and the last thing you want in this scenario is to make an offer that affects players currently on the roster, who then remain on the roster because Miles Bridges refuses to be traded. If there is a deal that WOULD include him, negotiate it both with him and without him, so his refusal does not roadblock a deal and negatively impact the players who remain on the team.
Like Reply
Dude was accused of throwing pool balls at his ex’s car while she and their 2 kids were in it, smashing the windshield. Does not seem like the same planet as rape. Not even sure it belongs in the same category as Kidd hitting his spouse was it? I dunno. Don’t really remember much of that.

Am I wrong about the pool balls? I mean, I get that his kids were there. But did he intend to injure anyone or just the car? Intent matters in my mind, a lot.
Pessimism doesn’t make you smart, just pessimistic.
Like Reply
Our very own head coach still has a career in the NBA.

Kidd, who currently coaches the Dallas Mavericks, pleaded guilty to domestic violence in 2001 after punching his ex-wife in the mouth. He was sent on a six-month anger management class and banned from consuming alcohol and he was traded a year later by the Pheonix Suns.
Like Reply
Changing the topic....

How about this simple trade between Dallas, Minnesota and Orlando...no picks:

Dallas gives THJ/Curry and gets Naz Reid and Ingles  

Orlando gives Cole Anthony/Goga and gets THJ/Seth

Minnesota gives Reid and gets Cole Anthony and Goga

All three teams remain under the tax.

Minnesota has a huge need at PG behind injury prone Conley.  One twisted ankle and the season is over for the #1 seed in the west.  Goga gives them a backup behind Gobert to eat some of the minutes lost with Reid.  It is basically a position of plenty (Reid) for a position of need (Anthony) with Goga thrown in.

Orlando needs shooting.  With Carter Jr. starting and Wagner backing him up, resigning Goga isn't a priority.  They are a horrible 3 point shooting team so it is one backup non-shooter in Anthony for two backup shooters in THJ and Curry.

The prize for Dallas is obviously Reid.  Ingles can give you a good bit of what Hardaway brings to the bench unit and more creation.  Never mind that he's 103.
[-] The following 3 users Like DanSchwartzgan's post:
  • ballsrchr, DallasMaverick, The Jom
Like Reply
Any rumors or reports that Reid is available??
Like Reply
Wow...if any of you all are bored...Realgm Washington Wizards board has literal long form discussion on Kuzma. Like...looooong paragraphs from each participant in the discussion. I couldnt even start reading the posts were so long.
Like Reply
(02-03-2024, 06:47 PM)DanSchwartzgan Wrote: Changing the topic....

How about this simple trade between Dallas, Minnesota and Orlando...no picks:

Dallas gives THJ/Curry and gets Naz Reid and Ingles  

Orlando gives Cole Anthony/Goga and gets THJ/Seth

Minnesota gives Reid and gets Cole Anthony and Goga

All three teams remain under the tax.

Minnesota has a huge need at PG behind injury prone Conley.  One twisted ankle and the season is over for the #1 seed in the west.  Goga gives them a backup behind Gobert to eat some of the minutes lost with Reid.  It is basically a position of plenty (Reid) for a position of need (Anthony) with Goga thrown in.

Orlando needs shooting.  With Carter Jr. starting and Wagner backing him up, resigning Goga isn't a priority.  They are a horrible 3 point shooting team so it is one backup non-shooter in Anthony for two backup shooters in THJ and Curry.

The prize for Dallas is obviously Reid.  Ingles can give you a good bit of what Hardaway brings to the bench unit and more creation.  Never mind that he's 103.

For the Mavericks, that's about perfect. If I had to be devil's advocate, I would guess Minny might think they can grab a reasonable PG without giving up Naz.
Like Reply
Halftime of Nets game and DFS has not played. I believe he is avtice
Like Reply
(02-03-2024, 07:13 PM)Chicagojk Wrote: Halftime of Nets game and DFS has not played.  I believe he is avtice

Dorian Finney-Smith (ankle) ruled out for Saturday.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Smitty's post:
  • Chicagojk
Like Reply