Thread Rating:
  • 11 Vote(s) - 3.91 Average
Trade & FA 2023-24: OKC The Favorite For Nic Claxton Should He Leave BRK
Nets might like some traditional size but they can throw defenders at you left and right.  I'd give them a punchers chance in the playoffs and it would be a pretty cool story if they were more successful now that KD, Kyrie and Harden are gone.
[-] The following 1 user Likes cow's post:
  • DallasMaverick
Like Reply
(02-10-2023, 11:39 AM)Chicagojk Wrote: I thought the Portland moves at the deadline was strange.  But with Paul Allen no longer alive, tax is a big issue with them.  Hollinger thought the moves yesterday will allow them to resign Grant and Thybulle and be below the tax.   And they may have the full MLE to spend.  

I don't believe we have any room if we resign Kyrie.

If we renounced everyone besides Kyrie I think the Mavs could have the full MLE to spend. But yeah, only way to get to Grant kind of money is if we renounced Kyrie. Even then it'd only be 20 ish mil though.
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
Like Reply
Draymond Green and jerami grant are the 3rd guys i would look at in SnT with picks and THJ-Bertans outbound 

Who are the next Vanderbilt types? Rookie contract 4/5s to target? 

Walker Kessler and Vanderbilt are prototypes for what we need

The hard part is over assuming this works and Kyrie is re-signed
Like Reply
(02-10-2023, 05:54 PM)Jason Terry Wrote: Draymond Green and jerami grant are the 3rd guys i would look at in SnT with picks and THJ-Bertans outbound 

Who are the next Vanderbilt types? Rookie contract 4/5s to target? 

Walker Kessler and Vanderbilt are prototypes for what we need

The hard part is over assuming this works and Kyrie is re-signed

Jerami Grant would be the ideal guy. 2-way, great size, great skills, well-rounded, a pretty perfect all-around fit...if he's realized he's not a featured guy by then. He was in a dream of a situation and left because he wanted a bigger role. Not sure playing 3rd fiddle is on his playlist, but if he's game I'd be very tempted to trade too much to get him. Provided the Mavs even had enough to get the deal done.
[-] The following 1 user Likes KillerLeft's post:
  • Ghost of Podkolzin
Like Reply
draymond is well past his prime imho, and he would be even less influential if moved to anther team. dude is a system player in golden state, not saying he ain't making contributions elsewhere one way or another, but the warriors are clearly the team he fits best.
[-] The following 1 user Likes LukaMVP's post:
  • DallasMaverick
Like Reply
(02-10-2023, 06:51 PM)LukaMVP Wrote: draymond is well past his prime imho, and he would be even less influential if moved to anther team. dude is a system player in golden state, not saying he ain't making contributions elsewhere one way or another, but the warriors are clearly the team he fits best.

Prime Dray would have been amazing with Luka, but I largely agree.
Like Reply
(02-10-2023, 05:57 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: Jerami Grant would be the ideal guy. 2-way, great size, great skills, well-rounded, a pretty perfect all-around fit...if he's realized he's not a featured guy by then. He was in a dream of a situation and left because he wanted a bigger role. Not sure playing 3rd fiddle is on his playlist, but if he's game I'd be very tempted to trade too much to get him. Provided the Mavs even had enough to get the deal done.

[Image: IMG_6687.png?width=432&height=609]

I don't know. Maybe Grant can be convinced.
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
Like Reply
(02-10-2023, 11:10 AM)SleepingHero Wrote: https://twitter.com/thenbacentral/status...50981?s=46&t=5WHeaDj3w1e-toDwAI7a1w

This comment is going to be awkward if the trade is nullified and Gary Payton II has to return
[-] The following 2 users Like MFFL's post:
  • DallasMaverick, From Dirk to Luka
Like Reply
(02-10-2023, 07:19 PM)MFFL Wrote: This comment is going to be awkward if the trade is nullified and Gary Payton II has to return

GPII made some eyebrow raising comments too after the trade.
Like Reply
Grant would be great here. I thought that last year too, and it's even more true with DFS gone. Assuming Wood is gone, that would give you a core 4 of Luka/Kyrie/Green/Grant. Would have to hope the Mavs get better at picking up cheap centers at some point.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Branduil's post:
  • KillerLeft
Like Reply
Kuzma vs Grant...

> rebounder = Kuzma
> 3pt shooter = Grant
> Size = Kuzma
> Defense = Kuzma

Methinks we need to extend Wood, extend Kyrie, and S&T for Kuzma.

(02-10-2023, 07:41 PM)Branduil Wrote: Grant would be great here. I thought that last year too, and it's even more true with DFS gone. Assuming Wood is gone, that would give you a core 4 of Luka/Kyrie/Green/Grant. Would have to hope the Mavs get better at picking up cheap centers at some point.

Grant is surprisingly a bad rebounder.  If the money is close, I'd much rather Kuzma.
Like Reply
Kuzma sucks. Good guy if you want to tank I guess
Like Reply
kuzma would be our upgraded version of marion imho, with good D and rebounding, and better size and offensive skills than marion's (the 11' marion, not the prime one of course).
[-] The following 1 user Likes LukaMVP's post:
  • Ghost of Podkolzin
Like Reply
(02-10-2023, 07:56 PM)Branduil Wrote: Kuzma sucks. Good guy if you want to tank I guess

That's a thoughtful, intellectual response.  Thanks.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Ghost of Podkolzin's post:
  • DallasMaverick
Like Reply
I've just never liked Kuzma. I don't think he's a winning basketball player, and his teams have never given me a reason to think otherwise. I also have no idea where "good defensive player" is coming from, although I admit I haven't watched him recently, so maybe he developed defensive skills after several NBA seasons of having none.
Like Reply
(02-10-2023, 08:13 PM)LukaMVP Wrote: kuzma would be our upgraded version of marion imho, with good D and rebounding, and better size and offensive skills than marion's (the 11' marion, not the prime one of course).

Kuzma's attitude scares me a bit.

Not sure his ego would let him go back to being a 4th option on a good team.
[-] The following 2 users Like SleepingHero's post:
  • Branduil, MFFL
Like Reply
kuzma would be a good addition to our squad without a doubt, but dude, like many other names listed, are simply beyond our power to afford. one 1st round pick + fillers may probably be the best package we can offer to washington, but they would apparently want more. we were extremely lucky to get Kyrie at the price of 2 role players and just one 1st round pick (and insignificant 2nd rounders). some veteran wings who want rings more than anything are more realistic targets to me, just like the marion in 09 when we got him via S&T.
Like Reply
Well another advantage for Grant there is he would be a free agent, so the cost would mainly be what's required to make a S&T work.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Branduil's post:
  • Ghost of Podkolzin
Like Reply
(02-10-2023, 08:37 PM)LukaMVP Wrote: kuzma would be a good addition to our squad without a doubt, but dude, like many other names listed, are simply beyond our power to afford. one 1st round pick + fillers may probably be the best package we can offer to washington, but they would apparently want more. we were extremely lucky to get Kyrie at the price of 2 role players and just one 1st round pick (and insignificant 2nd rounders). some veteran wings who want rings more than anything are more realistic targets to me, just like the marion in 09 when we got him via S&T.

We'll have two firsts available to trade after the draft, plus swaps. Wouldn't spend all that on Kuzma, tho.
Like Reply
I’ve never been a Kuzma guy, either, but he’s grown on me lately. It’s irrelevant, because he’s signing in Washington. They’re calling that trio of “pretty good” players a “big 3” and they traded Hachimura to LA specifically to re-sign Kuzma.
Like Reply