Thread Rating:
  • 11 Vote(s) - 3.91 Average
Trade & FA 2023-24: Stein-Ingram Trade Inevitable| LAL Want Lebron Back On Any Terms
Another Stein quote from his chat:

Yes I think the Wizards are still active on the trade front. Haven't pinpointed specifically what they're up to yet.
Like Reply
More from Stein:

Grant Williams updates will likely require a couple more days to shake out because of the July 6 factor. Don't see how the Celtics can match. Which team will test that resolve.

The Suns say they are moving forward with Ayton so I don't think he is currently in play. Can that change? Only the Suns know for sure.
Like Reply
Mavs can score with the best of them when they're on. The key to this upcoming season is a return to at least a top-10 defense as they were 2 years ago. There are plenty of other explosive offensive teams in the NBA besides them. That's why I'm scratching my head at the Seth Curry signing when they were already developing Hardy for the same role. He's younger, and Curry (32) hasn't been the marksman of years past. I know they were hamstrung from making better moves than they did after trading for Kyrie, but the key to them being a competitive playoff team is on the defensive end, and I don't know if they addressed that at this point.
Like Reply
More from Stein:

The Mavericks don't want to trade Hardy OR Josh Green.
[-] The following 2 users Like omahen's post:
  • BigDirk41, dirkfansince1998
Like Reply
(07-02-2023, 12:41 PM)HoosierDaddyKid Wrote: Mavs can score with the best of them when they're on. The key to this upcoming season is a return to at least a top-10 defense as they were 2 years ago.  There are plenty of other explosive offensive teams in the NBA besides them. That's why I'm scratching my head at the Seth Curry signing when they were already developing Hardy for the same role. He's younger, and Curry (32) hasn't been the marksman of years past. I know they were hamstrung from making better moves than they did after trading for Kyrie, but the key to them being a competitive playoff team is on the defensive end, and I don't know if they addressed that at this point.

I'm still operating under the believe that Curry is 70% of THJ for a fourth of the price.  I'd be a little surprised if THJ isn't moved.  Hardy developing is the key and Curry gives you a veteran presence when Hardy is shaky.
[-] The following 3 users Like cow's post:
  • Ghost of Podkolzin, MFFL, Smitty
Like Reply
(07-02-2023, 12:51 PM)cow Wrote: I'm still operating under the believe that Curry is 70% of THJ for a fourth of the price.  I'd be a little surprised if THJ isn't moved.  Hardy developing is the key and Curry gives you a veteran presence when Hardy is shaky.

I get they got him for a bargain bin price, but there was probably a reason for that as he's been traded a lot these last few seasons. He's still redundant with Hardy and THJ around. Couldn't the money spent for him have been used for a player more defensively oriented?  Not knocking Curry as he's always been one of the best 3 pt scorers percentage-wise. But he's on the wrong side of 30 now, and some slippage is inevitable as he's shown last year.
Like Reply
https://twitter.com/esidery/status/1675531945269157894

Portland won't just steer Dame toward Miami. They're looking at other teams.
Like Reply
I honestly don't understand what Houston did with Mills. Anyone understands, why they bought him from BKN and then just forward him to OKC.

https://twitter.com/wojespn/status/1675564454145060864
[-] The following 1 user Likes omahen's post:
  • RGP1981
Like Reply
(07-02-2023, 01:15 PM)omahen Wrote: I honestly don't understand what Houston did with Mills. Anyone understands, why they bought him from BKN and then just forward him to OKC.

Maybe they wanted him to be their Dwight Powell culture guy but then they were able to get both FVV and Jeff Green.
Like Reply
I don't think Lillard to Utah makes any sense whatsoever. He would be going to a worse situation regarding contending than he has in Portland. However, Utah would be a great third team partner to take Herro (if they like him, of course). He fits their timeline and they have decent contracts and picks.

https://twitter.com/TheNBACentral/status...8757448704
[-] The following 1 user Likes omahen's post:
  • RGP1981
Like Reply
Eric Gordon to Phx. Pretty surprised with that one.
Like Reply
(07-02-2023, 02:18 PM)Chicagojk Wrote: Eric Gordon to Phx.  Pretty surprised with that one.

Really nice pickup for them.
Like Reply
Miles Bridges signed the QO and will be a UFA next summer. I wonder how this affects the Washington/Williams triangulation.
https://twitter.com/ShamsCharania/status...5056245762
Like Reply
Bridges signed his qualifying offer in Charlotte. Will make him an UFA after the year. Him and Charlotte are far apart on contract. Probably best for him. If he has no more legal problems and plays well, he will probably have big offers next summer. Short memories if you have talent.
[-] The following 2 users Like Chicagojk's post:
  • DallasMaverick, HoosierDaddyKid
Like Reply
(07-02-2023, 01:15 PM)omahen Wrote: I honestly don't understand what Houston did with Mills. Anyone understands, why they bought him from BKN and then just forward him to OKC.

No one is sure, but speculation is that HOU is making the Brooks acquisition into a snt, rather than a signing into cap space, with Mills now destined to be part of that outgoing match.
Like Reply
(07-02-2023, 02:00 PM)omahen Wrote: I don't think Lillard to Utah makes any sense whatsoever. He would be going to a worse situation regarding contending than he has in Portland. However, Utah would be a great third team partner to take Herro (if they like him, of course). He fits their timeline and they have decent contracts and picks.

https://twitter.com/TheNBACentral/status...8757448704

Wait did Ainge trade for Collins so he can ship him to Portland with Sexton. Sleepy

Lillard
Clarkson
Markkanen
Olynyk/Hendricks
Kessler

with Hardy as their coach. I think that´s a pretty dangerous team.
Like Reply
PHX signing Eric Gordon is a tough one. They now don’t have any need for Hardaway.

Thats the story of the offseason Imo. Why should anybody trade us a starting Center for Hardaway, Bullock, McGee or Holmes when you can get similar production from cheaper FAs. Makes absolutely no sense for opposing teams to give us someone like Ayton for our junk.

That and the annual „they can’t get their guy via FA“ in regards to the MLE disaster.
[-] The following 1 user Likes JamesConway912's post:
  • BigDirk41
Like Reply
Markannen at the 3 is a disaster. Both Sexton and Clarkson are bench scorers that would be a disaster next to Dame and Markannen. Not sure where Collins fits since they drafted Hendricks.

Dame
Xxx
Xxx
Markannen
Kessler

with Clarkson as 6th man is a nice start but they need wings badly. Lot of talent but mismatched parts if they really want to make noise this year.
[-] The following 3 users Like RoyTarpleysGhost's post:
  • DallasMaverick, mvossman, RGP1981
Like Reply
(07-02-2023, 02:24 PM)Tyler Wrote: Miles Bridges signed the QO and will be a UFA next summer. I wonder how this affects the Washington/Williams triangulation.
https://twitter.com/ShamsCharania/status...5056245762

Typical Klutch move. Could be next Nerlens Noel situation.
Hornets are young team, who isn't winning anything now most likely. 
They could very well barely play him if they think he is gone. That will be 2 years in development gone
Like Reply
(07-02-2023, 02:39 PM)khaled1987 Wrote: Typical Klutch move. Could be next Nerlens Noel situation.
Hornets are young team, who isn't winning anything now most likely. 
They could very well barely play him if they think he is gone. That will be 2 years in development gone

He might be out of the league next year. I doubt he gets more than the current QO. Nobody is paying him 15-20 for that PR hit. The contractual pros need to heavily outweigh the cons of the (social) media backlash. That means a HIGH VALUE contract.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Mavs2021's post:
  • dirkfansince1998
Like Reply