Thread Rating:
  • 11 Vote(s) - 3.91 Average
Trade & FA 2023-24: Stein-Ingram Trade Inevitable| LAL Want Lebron Back On Any Terms
(06-28-2023, 02:46 PM)RoyTarpleysGhost Wrote: Isn't Brown only eligible for $7.8 million next year from the Nuggets?

Looks like tampering is starting even earlier this year lol

I believe so. He's banking on taking a one year deal and getting paid by them next off season. Wink wink under the table deal i suppose. If we think Murray is saying what we think he is.
Like Reply
https://twitter.com/KeithSmithNBA/status...7077173250

Keith Smith (@KeithSmithNBA)
$20M AAV is very fair Vucevic. He's a walking double-double and shoots a good percentage. I know Bulls fans won't love that contract, because they wanted to reset to some extent, but it's a good deal.
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
Like Reply
(06-28-2023, 02:43 PM)RoyTarpleysGhost Wrote: Interesting comments from Jamaal Murray about Bruce Brown

[NBAextra] Jamal Murray on Bruce Brown's Contract extension with Denver "Once we win everybody will eat, Everybody gets taken care of.... We are starting to see that with Bruce and his extension so congrats to him"
streamable.com/9q2bwj

Brown would be crazy to leave. I'm sure Denver will reach an agreement that satisfies both sides. I get the money part, but what's more important, running it back with a very good chance to repeat, or getting paid by a team that's probably a borderline contender?
[-] The following 1 user Likes HoosierDaddyKid's post:
  • BigDirk41
Like Reply
(06-28-2023, 02:50 PM)SleepingHero Wrote: https://twitter.com/KeithSmithNBA/status...7077173250

$20M AAV is very fair Vucevic. He's a walking double-double and shoots a good percentage. I know Bulls fans won't love that contract, because they wanted to reset to some extent, but it's a good deal.

Defensively he is past the point of no return. Cliff, hitting the wall...whatever media talking heads like to call it. He never was quick or mobile on defense but last season he looked like Dirk post ankle surgery.
+7.8 defensive on/off. By far the worst on the Bulls
Like Reply
Take Vuc off the board.  Shams says $60mm over 3 years.

Houston now a favorite for Kuz and HBarnes could be headed back to Sacramento (which means Indy is still in the market competing for a big wing/PF type.

Might not be FVV/Brooks in Houston.  Might be FVV/Kuzma.  As I predicted weeks ago, easy for Houston to move KPJ's $15mm and bring in two big time FA's with about $76mm of space.

Wood to Miami thing is interesting.  There is talk of them S/Wing Lowry to create room to sign Vincent and Strus.  Vincent would be the priority.  But they will be right back at the apron if all they do is Vincent.  If Wood is to make more than some minimum exception, Dallas would have to take something back.  I don't see a lot of spare wing defenders just laying around on Miami's roster.
Like Reply
(06-28-2023, 02:57 PM)dirkfansince1998 Wrote: Defensively he is past the point of no return. Cliff, hitting the wall...whatever media talking heads like to call it. He never was quick or mobile on defense but last season he looked like Dirk post ankle surgery.
+7.8 defensive on/off. By far the worst on the Bulls

If you sign Vuc, it ain't for his D. He's also a marginal rebounder.  He can get buckets, however.
Like Reply
(06-28-2023, 02:56 PM)HoosierDaddyKid Wrote: I get the money part, but what's more important, running it back with a very good chance to repeat, or getting paid by a team that's probably a borderline contender?

Can I answer that like an agent?  $50mm is the most important thing.  No guarantee it will be there a year from now and even if it is, no guarantee Brown will be my client a year from now.
[-] The following 3 users Like DanSchwartzgan's post:
  • DallasMaverick, MFFL, michaeltex
Like Reply
(06-28-2023, 03:01 PM)HoosierDaddyKid Wrote: If you sign Vuc, it ain't for his D. He's also a marginal rebounder.  He can get buckets, however.

But he has to be able to stay on the floor without tanking the entire team defense.
Like Reply
(06-28-2023, 03:01 PM)DanSchwartzgan Wrote: Can I answer that like an agent?  $50mm is the most important thing.  No guarantee it will be there a year from now and even if it is, no guarantee Brown will be my client a year from now.

That's fair enough. Guess we'll have to wait and see...
Like Reply
Anything on Bullock‘s guarantee date yet? It’s today right?
[-] The following 2 users Like JamesConway912's post:
  • dirkfansince1998, KillerLeft
Like Reply
(06-28-2023, 02:45 PM)SleepingHero Wrote: Houston has emerged as the favorite to sign Kyle Kuzma.

Houston looking good for Van Vleet and Kuzma? They could fit both with all of the cap room. 

Which could eliminate them as a suitor for Kyrie.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Nowitzki Way's post:
  • DanSchwartzgan
Like Reply
(06-28-2023, 03:06 PM)Nowitzki Way Wrote: Houston looking good for Van Vleet and Kuzma? They could fit both with all of the cap room. 

Which could eliminate them as a suitor for Kyrie.

Yeah, FVV is above Kyrie on their wishlist. It’s what happens if/when FVV turns them down that you should worry about (those who want Kyrie back).
[-] The following 2 users Like KillerLeft's post:
  • DanSchwartzgan, Nowitzki Way
Like Reply
By the way...Reggie isn´t the only one.

https://twitter.com/KeithSmithNBA/status...1036995588

Quote:-Reggie Bullock - DAL - fully guaranteed at $10.5M
-Eric Gordon - LAC - fully guaranteed at $20.9M
-Kelly Olynyk - UTA - fully guaranteed at $12.2M
-Chris Paul - WAS - fully guaranteed at $30.8M
-Taurean Prince - MIN - fully guaranteed at $7.5M
Like Reply
https://hoopshype.com/lists/trade-value-...n-the-nba/

Top 100 NBA trade value rankings.
Like Reply
(06-28-2023, 03:07 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: Yeah, FVV is above Kyrie on their wishlist. It’s what happens if/when FVV turns them down that you should worry about (those who want Kyrie back).

Van Vleet going back to the  Raptors or somewhere besides Houston will cause major problems for a Mavs and Kyrie marriage.

They can sign Kyrie and one more big time free agent like Kuzma or Dillon Brooks.

Add them to Jalen Green, Jabari Smith, Sengun, Porter Jr., Amen Thompson, Whitmore, Eason.

Thats a scary athletic team. Especially with Udoka as coach. Personal issues aside, he's respected in his locker room.
Like Reply
(06-28-2023, 03:20 PM)Nowitzki Way Wrote: Van Vleet going back to the  Raptors or somewhere besides Houston will cause major problems for a Mavs and Kyrie marriage.

They can sign Kyrie and one more big time free agent like Kuzma or Dillon Brooks.

Add them to Jalen Green, Jabari Smith, Sengun, Porter Jr., Amen Thompson, Whitmore, Eason.

Thats a scary athletic team. Especially with Udoka as coach. Personal issues aside, he's respected in his locker room.

Correct. I expect Houston to show immediate improvement with Udoka as HC. He was a perfect fit for a young team. He's a defense first guy and I expect all of them to buy in.
[-] The following 1 user Likes HoosierDaddyKid's post:
  • Nowitzki Way
Like Reply
(06-28-2023, 03:20 PM)Nowitzki Way Wrote: Van Vleet going back to the  Raptors or somewhere besides Houston will cause major problems for a Mavs and Kyrie marriage.

Sure, but on the other hand, is losing out on the opportunity to give 3+1 guaranteed years at big money to an older, mercurial player who the Rockets, the worst team in the NBA, have LOWER on their list than Fred VanVleet really the worst thing in the world?
Like Reply
(06-28-2023, 02:50 PM)SleepingHero Wrote: https://twitter.com/KeithSmithNBA/status...7077173250

Here’s an example of a contract that will tie Chicago’s hands for years to come.
Because of his defensive limitations, he’s not going to anchor a championship team. But the financial commitment will prevent the team from signing or extending players that actually could be the foundation to a championship.
Like Reply
(06-28-2023, 03:25 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: Sure, but on the other hand, is losing out on the opportunity to give 3+1 guaranteed years at big money to an older, mercurial player who the Rockets, the worst team in the NBA, have LOWER on their list than Fred VanVleet really the worst thing in the world?

What if Kyrie isnt lower on their list? It could all be a smokescreen and he's priority 1.  With the money, who knows what Kyrie is thinking. He doesnt strike me as someone motivated by money. He likes to do things his way. He likes to make a point. 

I think going to Houston and rebuilding that dumpster fire would be his way of saying F YOU to the rest of the NBA and his haters. Strange dude. 

And like we've said, Udoka is going to fix the culture there. That team is full of young knuckle heads.  They had the talent, just no direction. Things are changing there and its going to be bad for the rest of the NBA.  Whether they get Kyrie for FVV. They are going to be dangerous.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Nowitzki Way's post:
  • HoosierDaddyKid
Like Reply
Wojnarowski] The Timberwolves are declining to pick up Taurean Prince’s $7.4M contract for the 2023-2024 season, sources tell ESPN. Prince — who’s averaged 10.4 points in his seven years — joins the free agent market.
Like Reply