Thread Rating:
  • 11 Vote(s) - 3.91 Average
Trade & FA 2023-24: HOU Targeting Mikal Bridges again!| Mitchell is LAL #1 Target
(06-22-2023, 11:33 AM)SleepingHero Wrote: [Image: image0.jpg?width=668&height=843]
I have also registered interest in Beyonce.  I wonder whether they offered Morant. That would be about the only interesting part of that throw away comment.
[-] The following 2 users Like Mavs2021's post:
  • Ghost of Podkolzin, MFFL
Like Reply
(06-22-2023, 11:48 AM)Kidnova Wrote: Someone tell the Clips we'll be happy to SNT Kyrie for George if they're anxious to get rid of him.

Yeah I´d get in on that trade and snatch that #3 pick. I think Scoot will be special. I´m still not convinced this is not another Oden/Durant injury risk situation. Also NOBODY wants to play for Charlotte over Portland. The fact that Scoot went HARD in his workout for Charlotte shows me how competitive he is. The way he went H2H against Wemby, too. That kid will have an MJ-sized chip on his shoulder to prove he´s the best player in this draft.

If it was

Kyrie to Clippers
PG13 to Portland
#3 to Dallas (if Scoot is available)

I would not even blink.

Doncic/Henderson/Hardy. That´s a future.
[-] The following 2 users Like Mavs2021's post:
  • From Dirk to Luka, Ghost of Podkolzin
Like Reply
(06-22-2023, 11:58 AM)Mavs2021 Wrote: Yeah I´d get in on that trade and snatch that #3 pick. I think Scoot will be special. I´m still not convinced this is not another Oden/Durant injury risk situation. Also NOBODY wants to play for Charlotte over Portland. The fact that Scoot went HARD in his workout for Charlotte shows me how competitive he is. The way he went H2H against Wemby, too. That kid will have an MJ-sized chip on his shoulder to prove he´s the best player in this draft.

If it was

Kyrie to Clippers
PG13 to Portland

I would not even blink.

See, this is the thinking we need to be doing.  Only draft those who can immediately contribute.  Target Vets still on their rookie contracts.
Like Reply
(06-22-2023, 11:58 AM)Mavs2021 Wrote: Yeah I´d get in on that trade and snatch that #3 pick. I think Scoot will be special. I´m still not convinced this is not another Oden/Durant injury risk situation. Also NOBODY wants to play for Charlotte over Portland. The fact that Scoot went HARD in his workout for Charlotte shows me how competitive he is. The way he went H2H against Wemby, too. That kid will have an MJ-sized chip on his shoulder to prove he´s the best player in this draft.

If it was

Kyrie to Clippers
PG13 to Portland

I would not even blink.

Of course could only be done two weeks from now and would raise eyebrows in the league offices.
Like Reply
(06-22-2023, 12:26 PM)Scott41theMavs Wrote: Of course could only be done two weeks from now and would raise eyebrows in the league offices.

I don´t think it would to be honest. Portland takes Scoot and weighs their win now options. Clippers seem ready to move on from PG13 due to age and availability, but are they ready to blow it up completely with Kawhi? If not, then the only viable big name options are Irving and Harden.

At the end of the day I think a lot of trades come down to how the draft plays out. We could see some fireworks or nothing. For example I´m confident nobody wants to give up things to Portland for Miller. So if Charlotte takes Scoot, this trade path is probably shut down immediately. The vultures are only circling Scoot.
Like Reply
Since Indy is trading down like crazy, Mavs could offer cash for that 47 they just received from Lakers

https://twitter.com/wojespn/status/1671923839750610944
Like Reply
(06-22-2023, 12:37 PM)omahen Wrote: Since Indy is trading down like crazy, Mavs could offer cash for that 47 they just received from Lakers

Mavs will never amount to anything, if they don´t start working the draft. There is no good excuse to not make a move for one of the Hornets 2nd round picks. Vukcevic is a perfect target.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Mavs2021's post:
  • From Dirk to Luka
Like Reply
(06-22-2023, 12:37 PM)omahen Wrote: Since Indy is trading down like crazy, Mavs could offer cash for that 47 they just received from Lakers

40 for 47 isn't that big of a difference in terms of money wise. Very peculiar trade.
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
[-] The following 1 user Likes SleepingHero's post:
  • From Dirk to Luka
Like Reply
Chris Paul traded to the Warriors

For Jordan Poole
Like Reply
(06-22-2023, 02:17 PM)BigDirk41 Wrote: Chris Paul traded to the Warriors

For Jordan Poole

Literally five minutes ago I was looking at Poole´s contract until 2027 and was thinking: I´m not even sure I´d do Bertans + THJ + #19 for Poole. That contract is true trash. He´s just 24, but the real worry are his inefficient shooting numbers. Basically like paying THJ twice the money.

The funniest part about this is that CP3 probably thinks the Warriors value him as a player, when they likely only wanted his expiring contract and get rid of Poole.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Mavs2021's post:
  • DallasMaverick
Like Reply
(06-22-2023, 02:25 PM)Mavs2021 Wrote: Literally five minutes ago I was looking at Poole´s contract until 2027 and was thinking: I´m not even sure I´d do Bertans + THJ + #19 for Poole. That contract is true trash. He´s just 24, but the real worry are his inefficient shooting numbers. Basically like paying THJ twice the money.

The funniest part about this is that CP3 probably thinks the Warriors value him as a player, when they likely only wanted his expiring contract and get rid of Poole.

Wizards finally doing a proper tear down.  Get what you can for your best players while also getting draft capital (they're getting a 2030 first with Poole) for taking on the worst contracts in the league and just tank hard while those contracts run their courses.
[-] The following 1 user Likes StrandedOnBeauboisHill's post:
  • DallasMaverick
Like Reply
(06-22-2023, 02:17 PM)BigDirk41 Wrote: Chris Paul traded to the Warriors

For Jordan Poole

Hate the trade but I understand the Warriors trying to maximize Curry's window.
Like Reply
I think omahen already mentioned it. Would be nice to have a couple of seconds to go after Tyus Jones or Monte Morris.
[-] The following 1 user Likes dirkfansince1998's post:
  • Mavs2021
Like Reply
Here is the big question: How will Mark Cuban react to the nuclear winter we have seen the last 72 hours?

Nobody with capspace seems to have any interest in Kyrie. This might truly be a Mavs or MLE situation, if you really want to play hardball. 

I think in this market you only opt out, if you know your old team will re-sign you to agreed upon conditions.

Or like Kuzma you don´t want to spend the next five years on the worst team in the league.

Otherwise guys like Porzingis and GTJ opted in, cause seriously, where can you go and get paid, if you want to change teams?

We have already seen it last year, when Malik Monk at $10-12M was the 2nd highest paid player to change teams in free agency.

It will be more of the same this year.

Imho if you pay Kyrie over 40M p.a., you can start the clock on Luka. He´s not even worth that much imho.
[-] The following 5 users Like Mavs2021's post:
  • From Dirk to Luka, Ghost of Podkolzin, RasheedsBigWhiteSpot, Scott41theMavs, SweetFidelia
Like Reply
(06-22-2023, 02:36 PM)Mavs2021 Wrote: Here is the big question: How will Mark Cuban react to the nuclear winter we have seen the last 72 hours?

Nobody with capspace seems to have any interest in Kyrie. This might truly be a Mavs or MLE situation, if you really want to play hardball. 

I think in this market you only opt out, if you know your old team will re-sign you to agreed upon conditions.

Or like Kuzma you don´t want to spend the next five years on the worst team in the league.

Otherwise guys like Porzingis and GTJ opted in, cause seriously, where can you go and get paid, if you want to change teams?

We have already seen it last year, when Malik Monk at $10-12M was the 2nd highest paid player to change teams in free agency.

It will be more of the same this year.

Imho if you pay Kyrie over 40M p.a., you can start the clock on Luka. He´s not even worth that much imho.

A few thoughts:

-Let's say you play hardball with Kyrie and get him on a more favorable deal (what is that anyway?  $25-30 per), that's still a massive investment.  Do you want to introduce that volatility into an already volatile situation?   Does the timeline on said volatility change the timeline if you gave him what he thinks he's worth?
-Giving up that future unprotected first feels like we are pot committed.  So unless you can find a suitable SNT partner, I think both sides play nice even if he isn't the ideal player and Dallas isn't his ideal team.
-I think Luka's clock has already started.  A year after his next contract is the timeframe.
-Maybe cutting bait is the smart move but then you have to ask why the move was made in the first place.  We just might need to accept that getting players to Dallas is going to come with warts because of how the franchise has and continues to operate.
[-] The following 3 users Like cow's post:
  • BigDirk41, DanSchwartzgan, StrandedOnBeauboisHill
Like Reply
(06-22-2023, 02:36 PM)Mavs2021 Wrote: Here is the big question: How will Mark Cuban react to the nuclear winter we have seen the last 72 hours?

I've had similar thoughts recently. Isn't it ironic that what Cuban thought would happen after the LAST CBA was signed (teams jettisoning good players out of financial fear), but never did happen, might actually be a thing for the next few seasons as teams get situated in this new, harsh system, and the Mavs are very, very not situated to take advantage?
[-] The following 4 users Like KillerLeft's post:
  • DanSchwartzgan, Not an evil robot, RoyTarpleysGhost, SweetFidelia
Like Reply
(06-22-2023, 02:58 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: I've had similar thoughts recently. Isn't it ironic that what Cuban thought would happen after the LAST CBA was signed (teams jettisoning good players out of financial fear), but never did happen, might actually be a thing for the next few seasons as teams get situated in this new, harsh system, and the Mavs are very, very not situated to take advantage?

I told you so!  I was right all along!  /Cubes
Like Reply
Wow, GSW paying to dump Poole, admitting that contract was a big mistake.

https://twitter.com/wojespn/status/1671959234701828106
[-] The following 1 user Likes omahen's post:
  • DallasMaverick
Like Reply
(06-22-2023, 02:43 PM)cow Wrote: A few thoughts:

-Let's say you play hardball with Kyrie and get him on a more favorable deal (what is that anyway?  $25-30 per), that's still a massive investment.  Do you want to introduce that volatility into an already volatile situation?   Does the timeline on said volatility change the timeline if you gave him what he thinks he's worth?
-Giving up that future unprotected first feels like we are pot committed.  So unless you can find a suitable SNT partner, I think both sides play nice even if he isn't the ideal player and Dallas isn't his ideal team.
-I think Luka's clock has already started.  A year after his next contract is the timeframe.
-Maybe cutting bait is the smart move but then you have to ask why the move was made in the first place.  We just might need to accept that getting players to Dallas is going to come with warts because of how the franchise has and continues to operate.

I think you can, specifically from two teams.

Miami have struck out on Beal, so they are clearly targeting a creator.

Kyrie + McGee for Herro + Lowry +#18.

Clippers sending signals they are ready to sell on PG13 in the final year of his contract. Could be a straight up deal or a three-way with Portland.

Powell + Covington + #23 from Portland + #30 from Clippers
Like Reply
(06-22-2023, 02:58 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: I've had similar thoughts recently. Isn't it ironic that what Cuban thought would happen after the LAST CBA was signed (teams jettisoning good players out of financial fear), but never did happen, might actually be a thing for the next few seasons as teams get situated in this new, harsh system, and the Mavs are very, very not situated to take advantage?

Cuban's so good that he predicted this situation 10 years before the current CBA was even written.  He's so far ahead that he's behind.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Jmaciscool's post:
  • KillerLeft
Like Reply