"You seen the video?" - Zion

Was it "Top 10 restaurants in Dallas"?
[-] The following 1 user Likes BoredAssistant's post:
  • SleepingHero
Like Reply
(02-19-2023, 12:17 PM)BoredAssistant Wrote: "You seen the video?" - Zion

Was it "Top 10 restaurants in Dallas"?

LOL

I wanna eat whatever he's eating cause Zion is ripped now.

This is the video he's talking about:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N2bcO31LFg0

12:23-12:30.
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
[-] The following 1 user Likes SleepingHero's post:
  • BoredAssistant
Like Reply
(02-19-2023, 12:36 PM)SleepingHero Wrote: Zion is ripped now.
Yeah he looks dangerous.
Like Reply
(02-19-2023, 01:01 PM)BoredAssistant Wrote: Yeah he looks dangerous.

They were rollin when he was healthy. But he just can't stay that way like AD.
[-] The following 1 user Likes HoosierDaddyKid's post:
  • BoredAssistant
Like Reply
THJ, 25 2nd for Boucher, Young

Post-free agency trade if GTJ walks from Toronto. They've got a glut of centers between Poeltl, Achiuwa, Koloko, and Boucher. It would make sense to move one for another shooter.

Thad is pretty cooked, but Boucher would be a huge help on the boards and protecting the rim. Maybe he will re-discover his 3pt shot at some point. We also get rid of that filthy 2nd rounder. Yuck.
Like Reply
LeBron Trade to Mavs to Join Kyrie & Luka? (msn.com)
[-] The following 1 user Likes HoosierDaddyKid's post:
  • MFFL
Like Reply
(02-26-2023, 09:28 AM)HoosierDaddyKid Wrote: LeBron Trade to Mavs to Join Kyrie & Luka? (msn.com)

Yeah I could get over my hatred for LeBron if the Mavs traded for him and they won some more titles.
Like Reply
(02-26-2023, 02:50 PM)Dirknows Wrote: Yeah I could get over my hatred for LeBron if the Mavs traded for him and they won some more titles.

I really don't get the LeBron hate. He's a top five all-timer inspite the ring chasing. KD has done the same, yet he doesn't get the vitriol LeBron does.
Like Reply
Looking forward to Kidd packing his bags.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Razzmatazz_Hopskidillydoo's post:
  • BigDirk41
Like Reply
Mavs get:
Herbert Simon
Kevin Pritchard
Larry Bird
Rick Carlisle
Tyrese Haliburton 
Myles Turner

Pacers get:
Mark Cuban
Nico Harrison 
Michael Finley
Jason Kidd
Luka Doncic
2nd round pick

Seems like a fair swap
[-] The following 2 users Like Jason Terry's post:
  • BigDirk41, From Dirk to Luka
Like Reply
(02-26-2023, 09:40 PM)Razzmatazz_Hopskidillydoo Wrote: Looking forward to Kidd packing his bags.

If Kidd is fired then Kyrie is gone
[-] The following 1 user Likes MFFL's post:
  • SleepingHero
Like Reply
I believe Kidd is the wrong guy (still hoping I’m wrong) but I don’t think there’s any chance he gets fired this summer. I think he’s here until/unless Luka asks for him to be gone, which I don’t see happening soon.

It’s one of the many causes of my Mavs depression as of late.
[-] The following 2 users Like KillerLeft's post:
  • From Dirk to Luka, MFFL
Like Reply
(03-01-2023, 08:59 AM)MFFL Wrote: If Kidd is fired then Kyrie is gone

Totally aware of this.
Kyrie might still leave even if Kidd stays.

As crazy as it sounds, I'm more worried of having Kidd on the Mavs for another year than Kyrie leaving.

You can never win with Jason Kidd.
He'd find a way to misuse players, he'd find a way to alienate players, he has no plays, doesn't inspire change in the way Luka plays, he has no accountability.  Even if the Mavs get better talented players, the Mavs could win DESPITE of the coach and not because of him.

Yes the probability of Kyrie leaving because of his relationship with Kidd is high.

But, I wouldn't be surprised if in the end, Kyrie sees thru his childhood hero relationship with Kidd and sees the terrible coach and not the hall-of-fame point guard he had admired in the past.
Like Reply
As long as Kidd remains in Luka's good side, he'd be employed by the Mavs.
It's a smart move for him.
He'd let Luka do what Luka wants.

And this isn't a good thing. 
Nobody likes to play with players who's all about himself.
Like Reply
Jerami Grant would be a very interested target, if he decides to leave Portland. At first thought I thought SnT is impossible, but there actually is a possibility to do it. Current lux tax estimation for next season is at 162 mil according to Spotrac. The hard cap is a bit higher, I can't find exact number. Lets say it is 165 mil. 

Players under contract: Mavs have 108 mil commited currently. 
Mavs free agents: Irving, Wood and Powell are the only FA worth mentioning. The rest (Holiday, FN, Morris, Pinson) are vet min guys at best. Wood seems to be gone, which leaves Powell and Irving. If Irving signs max contract, we can round up his 2023 value at 45 mil (will be a bit less, I think). Leaving Powell alone a bit, this would put them at 153 mil of total salaries and 9 players under contract. Not sure how many incomplete roster spots are counted, so I will just add 4 mil (value for 4 incomplete roster spots) to the mix, putting Mavs at 157 mil. 

Grant SnT: if Mavs want to sign Grant, they need to send salary away. Bertans and Bullock (with one unprotected FRP) seem ideal option and fair value for SnT (we are assuming, Grant doesn't want to stay in Portland) - their salaries in 2023 are 27.5 mil. Similar salary would be THJ and Bullock (28 mil). Even better would be THJ and Bertans (35 mil). Lets take the first option. If Grant signs a contract starting at 30 mil. This would put Mavs at 155.5 counting salary for 9 players, leaving roughly 10 mil for the other minimum five players, which is duable for vet min deals. Mavs would still need a center and perhaps Powell stays within this limits of salary. It would be great if Mavs brought in a cheap second rounder or two to fill the roster spot

Mavs line-up would be:
Luka, ?
Irving, Hardy
Green, THJ
Grant, ?
Powell, McGee

Starting five would be quite awesome. Bench would be weak with THJ being the only reliable option and the hope of Hardy improvement. Unless some ring chasers join. A decent bench wing and third PG would be badly needed. Still, I think this team is better than the current version.

Top 2023 NBA Free Agents Who Could Realistically Change Teams | News, Scores, Highlights, Stats, and Rumors | Bleacher Report
[-] The following 1 user Likes omahen's post:
  • SleepingHero
Like Reply
Another higher profile big wing could be Tobias Harris, who will be expiring next season. There are strong rumors Harden might walk in the summer. Philly would not be able to replace him, Embiid might also demand a trade in this case. Anyway, Philly could see a package of Bertans, THJ and a FRP as a quicker way to retool around Embiid, since they have limited amount of picks due to the Harden trade. Mavs would not be hard capped and if Cuban is willing to pay the tax, they could build a solid roster this way, resigning at least one of the centers and adding a mini MLE wing.
Like Reply
(03-10-2023, 01:52 PM)omahen Wrote: Another higher profile big wing could be Tobias Harris, who will be expiring next season. There are strong rumors Harden might walk in the summer. Philly would not be able to replace him, Embiid might also demand a trade in this case. Anyway, Philly could see a package of Bertans, THJ and a FRP as a quicker way to retool around Embiid, since they have limited amount of picks due to the Harden trade. Mavs would not be hard capped and if Cuban is willing to pay the tax, they could build a solid roster this way, resigning at least one of the centers and adding a mini MLE wing.

I think Morey would have bigger plans.  From what I understand if Harden left, they would try to move Harris with a first for nothing.   That may be tough but there may be a team who will take Harris and a first and then see if they can eventually flip him again.   I believe this would give them max room?  At least that was my thinking, so they could be in the Kyrie market too if Harden does leave.
Like Reply
(03-10-2023, 02:35 PM)Chicagojk Wrote: I think Morey would have bigger plans.  From what I understand if Harden left, they would try to move Harris with a first for nothing.   That may be tough but there may be a team who will take Harris and a first and then see if they can eventually flip him again.   I believe this would give them max room?  At least that was my thinking, so they could be in the Kyrie market too if Harden does leave.

If Kyrie leaves, this team is doomed. Not even willing to discuss any such scenarios. I assume Kyrie stays.

If Harris is dumped on someone, it would be even easier for Mavs to get him. Basically same deal. Paying a pick to that team to take THJ and Bertans instead of Harris
Like Reply
Mavs are two upgrades away from being title contenders IMO. 

Grant is a good name

No interest in Harris. Probably the worst player in the NBA when it comes to disappearing in big games.
[-] The following 1 user Likes RoyTarpleysGhost's post:
  • KillerLeft
Like Reply
I would love to see a move to get 2 PF type bigs this offseason and then fill in the 1st/2nd C spot with a Biyombo type for a low minute C by committee until the end if games. I guess we could make Maxi that starter that only gets 18-20 mpg and closes too, we just wouldn’t see him a lot throughout the game that way.

There are a few names that are FA (some RFAs) that I would like to think are somewhat gettable. I’d like to get a starter quality and a semi-starter quality guy. Mix and match any 2 of:

Grant Williams
Rui Hachimura
Obi Toppin
PJ Washington 
Jarred Vanderbilt

Some of those names are more gettable than others, but if we could get 2 of them where 1 starts and the other plays high minutes (both in the game together a good amount), I think that would really make the engine purr.
Like Reply