Posts: 20,880
Threads: 697
Likes Received: 10,411 in 5,543 posts
Likes Given: 6,338
Likes Received: 10,411 in 5,543 posts
Likes Given: 6,338
Joined: Sep 2019
02-09-2023, 12:56 AM
(This post was last modified: 02-09-2023, 12:57 AM by SleepingHero.)
https://twitter.com/wojespn/status/16235...yShogtAAAA
This trade was 1 Spencer Dinwiddie level player away from being the Kyrie package.
I think it's quite steep given that the Raptors are going to have to pay this man 20+mil this offseason.
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
Posts: 21,267
Threads: 71
Likes Received: 14,202 in 7,259 posts
Likes Given: 14,639
Likes Received: 14,202 in 7,259 posts
Likes Given: 14,639
Joined: Aug 2020
So much for the Raptors being sellers...
Posts: 20,880
Threads: 697
Likes Received: 10,411 in 5,543 posts
Likes Given: 6,338
Likes Received: 10,411 in 5,543 posts
Likes Given: 6,338
Joined: Sep 2019
(02-09-2023, 12:57 AM)KillerLeft Wrote: So much for the Raptors being sellers...
They still can be.
OG for 3 FRP restores their pick stockpile. Same with Siakam.
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
Posts: 2,216
Threads: 0
Likes Received: 1,400 in 780 posts
Likes Given: 168
Likes Received: 1,400 in 780 posts
Likes Given: 168
Joined: Sep 2019
Good for us but the Spurs feel absolutely helpless
I wonder how much longer Pop sticks around
Posts: 1,362
Threads: 0
Likes Received: 821 in 429 posts
Likes Given: 460
Likes Received: 821 in 429 posts
Likes Given: 460
Joined: Oct 2020
I still think they will sell high on OG and one of FVV/GTJ. You can't have that many players on one team that go by their initials.
Posts: 21,267
Threads: 71
Likes Received: 14,202 in 7,259 posts
Likes Given: 14,639
Likes Received: 14,202 in 7,259 posts
Likes Given: 14,639
Joined: Aug 2020
02-09-2023, 01:03 AM
(This post was last modified: 02-09-2023, 01:04 AM by KillerLeft.)
(02-09-2023, 01:00 AM)SleepingHero Wrote: They still can be.
OG for 3 FRP restores their pick stockpile. Same with Siakam.
sure, but I doubt it. I think moving either, ESPECIALLY Siakim, would make this deal even dumber than it already is.
this, to me, is a desperate move by a team trying to convince themselves they're in it.
(02-09-2023, 01:01 AM)loki Wrote: I still think they will sell high on OG and one of FVV/GTJ. You can't have that many players on one team that go by their initials.
Sure, maybe FVV or GTJr...I can see that.
MAYBE even OG, if he's really unhappy and that wasn't just a rumor.
But I think siakim is staying.
Posts: 2,469
Threads: 2
Likes Received: 1,365 in 815 posts
Likes Given: 423
Likes Received: 1,365 in 815 posts
Likes Given: 423
Joined: Sep 2019
Seems like a bad trade for both teams.
Posts: 818
Threads: 24
Likes Received: 479 in 247 posts
Likes Given: 2,870
Likes Received: 479 in 247 posts
Likes Given: 2,870
Joined: Feb 2021
I don't think Toronto makes another trade unless someone blows them away with an offer
The following 1 user Likes MFFL's post:1 user Likes MFFL's post
• omahen
Posts: 5,193
Threads: 14
Likes Received: 6,319 in 2,253 posts
Likes Given: 3,080
Likes Received: 6,319 in 2,253 posts
Likes Given: 3,080
Joined: Sep 2019
(02-09-2023, 07:48 AM)MFFL Wrote: I don't think Toronto makes another trade unless someone blows them away with an offer
Among their six high-level starters (Poeltl, Siakam, Barnes, OG, Trent and FVV), who comes off the bench? Seems someone has to go.
One way of freeing up the protections on the NY pick would be to give them them the 25 second that is tied up in the protections that carry through 25. Bertans and 25 and 27 all unprotected plus unprotected swaps and Hardy? Does that get it done?
Posts: 10,704
Threads: 27
Likes Received: 3,631 in 2,006 posts
Likes Given: 2,163
Likes Received: 3,631 in 2,006 posts
Likes Given: 2,163
Joined: Sep 2019
(02-09-2023, 08:13 AM)DanSchwartzgan Wrote: Bertans and 25 and 27 all unprotected plus unprotected swaps and Hardy? Does that get it done?
I don't think that is enough for OG or Siakam, not interested in FVV or GTj
Posts: 12,089
Threads: 22
Likes Received: 7,142 in 4,014 posts
Likes Given: 453
Likes Received: 7,142 in 4,014 posts
Likes Given: 453
Joined: Oct 2020
(02-09-2023, 07:48 AM)MFFL Wrote: I don't think Toronto makes another trade unless someone blows them away with an offer
It will be interesting. With Fred and GTJ both wanting contracts over 25 million a year this summer plus Poetl's upcoming Free agency, I think one will be moved. But we will see. Maybe they can move one via SNT this offseason.
|