Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GAME 50: DAL (26-24) @ PHX (25-25) | 99-95 win
(01-27-2023, 03:23 PM)omahen Wrote: This was not the first game Luka missed this season...

I know that. I'm just saying that there are are several things going on that have been compounded by injuries, Luka at times being you and immature, lack of assets, a roster that needs to be upgraded, etc.

There are plenty of things that need to be addressed. The biggest of which is the roster. But, there are also little things like Luka being overutilized and still mentally young. I think he is so good that people forget the human side of it with him still being a kid.
We didn't make the cut but thanks for all the support!
Like Reply
Man, maybe we all have different definitions of Alpha but when I look and listen to Kidd I see hear a guy who can barely be bothered to move off the bench a lot of the time, is out of shape, and sounds vaguely depressed or disinterested even when he is at his liveliest. Super smart player on the court! Loved watching him play. But he doesn’t seem to “think” the game the same way as a coach. Maybe it’s arrogance I’m struggling to define? There is something off about his personality to me. In a way I don’t get from Steve Kerr or Nurse or Spo or Pop or any of the other “great” coaches.
Like Reply
(01-27-2023, 07:31 PM)MarkAguirreWrathofGod Wrote: Man, maybe we all have different definitions of Alpha but when I look and listen to Kidd I see hear a guy who can barely be bothered to move off the bench a lot of the time, is out of shape, and sounds vaguely depressed or disinterested even when he is at his liveliest. Super smart player on the court! Loved watching him play. But he doesn’t seem to “think” the game the same way as a coach. Maybe it’s arrogance I’m struggling to define? There is something off about his personality to me. In a way I don’t get from Steve Kerr or Nurse or Spo or Pop or any of the other “great” coaches.

An "alpha" is someone who wants to lead and dominate and is very reluctant to follow. Kidd wanted to lead and dominate when RC was the coach. I don't think he has lost that desire.
Like Reply
An alpha doesn’t let Twitter trolls get in his head. An insecure person does. An alpha doesn’t stubbornly stick to some plan that isn’t working to prove a point or to illicit results. They make their expectations known upfront. Speaking of C. Wood situation.
Like Reply
(01-27-2023, 08:59 PM)MarkAguirreWrathofGod Wrote: An alpha doesn’t let Twitter trolls get in his head. An insecure person does. An alpha doesn’t stubbornly stick to some plan that isn’t working to prove a point or to illicit results. They make their expectations known upfront. Speaking of C. Wood situation.

Not all "alphas" are created equal. Many are just posers who are deeply insecure. But because of their narcissism they want to try to dominate, control, lead, and always be right.
Like Reply