Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GAME 49: WAS (21-26) @ DAL (25-24) | 126-127 loss
(01-25-2023, 02:11 PM)audiosway Wrote: I understand what you are saying and agree totally that the team needs upgrades. However, that doesn't change Luka's approach. He should play the same way no matter who is on the floor with him. I mentioned in my previous post about Larry Bird. Bird came into Boston as a rookie and took the same 29 win team the year before to 61 wins. They didn't win a title that year but with team upgrades he won 3.

It shouldn't matter who is on the floor. You bring it every night and good things will happen. Complaining to the refs about no calls or bad calls and coming in not motivated for games won't get Luka any closer to his goals. I know it's got to be hard getting motivated every night in a long season to play when you are that good. He has to find a way.

Right now the main difference I see between LeBron and Luka is that LeBron could always get motivated to play in the regular season. He just didn't have Luka's mental toughness and would shrink in the playoffs. If Luka can learn to get motivated in the regular season whatever team he has will be a team no one wants to play ever.

I know what you are saying and have echoed that many times but the reality is Luka is not Bird or Dirk. He is Luka. This is a different generation and there are good things and bad things with that.  I don’t want to just harp on the negatives when he scores 40 pts and the others have done nothing  but because the team lost we focus on a handful of plays that Luka should have been better. 

Yes Dirk used to play the right way but we forget now how he was ripped for a lot of things too before he won a title. In hindsight it looks silly. All Dirk needed was better talent level and he won a title with TC and Haywood.  Kobe needed Pau , Bynum, Shaq. Similarly we would have won against GS last year if Brunson was better.  No matter what faults Luka has and definitely he should be held accountable, he is the last person who deserves blame. Unless we just want to show how fair and tough we are and keep harping on the one guy on this team who has any level of talent.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: GAME 49: WAS (21-26) @ DAL (25-24) | 126-127 loss - by hakeemfaan - 01-25-2023, 02:48 PM