Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GAME 49: WAS (21-26) @ DAL (25-24) | 126-127 loss
(01-24-2023, 11:53 PM)Dundalis Wrote: This is the type of comment that when Luka inevitably leaves in a few years, you look back on and realise what you actually expect from a player game in game out is utterly out of line with reality. Prime taking someone for granted comment.

Cavs fans were prob like this during Lebron's first stint, they have a generational talent and if he slips up he's criticized for basically not being a basketball god playing perfect ball 48 mins every night. Other players get to hide a bit in the shuffle because they don't have the talent anyway and Luka draws all the attention and spotlight.

I get that no one is above criticism. Luka has to work on his free throws as an absolute priority going into next off season. But it's not unbiased to say blaming Luka for the loss is simply out of touch with actually analysing the team performance.

It will become pretty clear when Luka is not here anymore and a player on our team putting up a performance half as good as his worst game becomes praise worthy.

Agreed. Luka is not above criticism but there is no question he is a generational talent.  The next best player on this roster might be the 8th or 9th man on most good rosters. When you have that huge a gap, fix that obvious problem first.  

I have not been hard on Kidd not because I think he is a great coach, but because the roster is so bad that no coach can really help.  However thinking more about it, you have to do what you can. Quinn is clearly a better coach. Bring him on. Put Nico on notice as well even though he is carrying a lot of Donnie’s burdens. If Cuban were to do the right things he should start now before Luka asks out. Don’t just assume Luka will ask out but fight hard to ensure he stays and it starts with doing the right things one at a time. However Cuban cares more about optics and I don’t think he has the gumption to do what it takes. Let’s see.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: GAME 49: WAS (21-26) @ DAL (25-24) | 126-127 loss - by hakeemfaan - 01-25-2023, 09:53 AM