Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GAME 49: WAS (21-26) @ DAL (25-24) | 126-127 loss
(01-25-2023, 01:02 AM)omahen Wrote: No one could stay in front of his man and everyone was half a step late in close-outs/rotations.

Yeah, I don't know how they fix this unless they make changes.    Hardaway is fighting hard, but he is just not a great defender.  Plus, his offense has stunk more often than not lately.   Dinwiddie and Luka are just not good.   Luka can defend in certain moments, but he has lapses and has such a heavy workload that he is the one guy I can make exceptions in the regular season.  The slow getting back after turnovers really bothers me though.   Dinwiddie is what he is.  He is always a step slow on rotations on defense and is not good on man on man.    Brunson had his limitations due to size and length, but he was always in the right spot and wasn't afraid to put his body on the line.    Dinwiddie doesn't even try to do this.

The interior rim defense is non existent lately.  Other teams have no fear of a shot blocker or someone will take a charge when they attack the rim.    Bullock seems to have trouble staying in front of people this year too.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: GAME 49: WAS (21-26) @ DAL (25-24) | 126-127 loss - by Chicagojk - 01-25-2023, 08:07 AM