Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GAME 48: LAC (25-24) @ DAL (25-23) | 98-112 loss
(01-23-2023, 02:54 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: Crazy that he almost never knows where he's going with the ball, pre-snap. Is he just not smart enough, or is Kellen Moore a terrible OC? Prescott just looks confused out there most of the time.

It's a combination of problems:

-He doesn't read the field well.  The interceptions make it obvious but look how often Hilton was wide open and he just didn't see him.
-He doesn't have great touch or accuracy.  He missed Gallop/Lamb on some big throws.
-His rookie year, we saw a lot of similar issues but that team was bolstered by an amazing offensive line and a dominate run game.  Dak's luck stat was also a ten (Romo's luck stat was a 1).  If you go back and watch those games there were soooo many dropped interceptions.  Now the offensive line isn't as great.  Zeke is whatever comes after washed.  Dak is way more hesitant to run these days for obvious reasons and he's probably lost a step.  He has a defense to carry him in a lot of games but he can't carry an offense against like or superior talent.  His stats usually come in garbage time or against bad teams.  When Dak wanted a massive bag, I was against it.  For as amazing as a person and leader as he is, he just isn't much of a QB.  People are calling him average today and I think that's overly generous.  
-His turnovers are him "knowing where he is going with the ball" instead of reading and not checking down or throwing the ball away.  

I hope they can sucker someone into trading for him.  I doubt it.  I also hope they fire McCarthy and Moore.  I doubt the first and think the second will happen.
[-] The following 1 user Likes cow's post:
  • dirkfansince1998
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: GAME 48: LAC (25-24) @ DAL (25-23) | 98-112 loss - by cow - 01-23-2023, 08:29 PM