Poll: Who gets the Dirkie?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
THJ (+23, 18 pts, 3 stl, 1 ast, 4 rbd)
0%
0 0%
Wood (+10, 21 pts, 4 blk, 1 ast, 6 rbd)
27.27%
6 27.27%
SD (+19, 15 pts, 1 stl, 6 ast, 4 rbd)
0%
0 0%
Luka (+19, 35 pts, 2 blk, 1 stl, 13 ast, 12 rbd)
22.73%
5 22.73%
DP (+13, 19 pts, 2 blk, 1 stl, 1 ast, 6 rbd)
50.00%
11 50.00%
Total 22 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GAME 36 DIRKIE: Winner DP (50%) | Runner-up Wood (27%)
Brick 
Who was the player of the game who elevated his game to help the team win?
Like Reply
Wood gets my vote. Another great two-way performance. Had a clean block mistakenly called a foul in the first quarter, which contributed to him having to play in foul trouble for most of the game, but he found a way to overcome.
Like Reply
DP gets my Dirkie.
[-] The following 1 user Likes ballsrchr's post:
  • MFFL
Like Reply
Was going to vote Wood, but honestly thought Powell and his hustle all over the place made a big difference this game.

Wood definitely deserves it for his defensive effort though.
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
[-] The following 2 users Like SleepingHero's post:
  • KillerLeft, MFFL
Like Reply
Tyson Chandler Wood! Made shots, protected the paint.  Powell gets an honorable mention as the understudy.

Of course, Luka was fantastic and by far the game’s MVP, but the centers stepped up enough to get the Dirkie grading on a curve.
Like Reply
Of course Luka was the best player.  But he scored almost half as many points as last game.   Isn't that a disqualification?

Powell is certainly deserving.  He fits so much better as an energy guy off the bench.

Hardaway and Dinwiddie has productive nights.

I am going to give it to Wood though.   I have been wanting to see him impact games outside of his scoring runs.  He is beginning to do that and last night, despite foul trouble, you felt his impact before he started scoring.

Quick note on Wright who is taking advantage of his shot.   He is making an impact and looks like he belongs.
[-] The following 3 users Like Chicagojk's post:
  • KillerLeft, mvossman, Scott41theMavs
Like Reply
DP gets my vote

We might need to send that Luka guy to the G league after having his scoring drop off 25 points from the last game, only 12 boards as well
Like Reply
(12-30-2022, 12:22 PM)MrGoat Wrote: DP gets my vote

We might need to send that Luka guy to the G league after having his scoring drop off 25 points from the last game, only 12 boards as well
His missing points and rebounds is a pretty darn good stat line too. 25 and 9.
Like Reply