Poll: Who was the player of the game that elevated their game the most?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Luka
4.35%
1 4.35%
Wood
95.65%
22 95.65%
Write in (post below)
0%
0 0%
Total 23 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GAME 29 DIRKIE | Winner: Christian Wood (95%)
Who was the player of the game that elevated their game the most?
Like Reply
Luka was great but props to Wood for showing out.  Special mentions to Frank, Kemba and Pinson too.
Like Reply
I’m voting for Wood, but thought Frank deserved to be listed.  He played an important role in building the lead.
Like Reply
Wood nailed it.  Wood had a beautiful finish.  The defense was knot a knock on Wood tonight.
Like Reply
Christian Wood with a nice double double.  No assists, but that's not what he is there for.  Points and rebounds...oh yeah!  CW has earned my Dirkie.

FN played some quality minutes tonight.  I think he is the runner up for me.

THJ had a nice efficient night.  Kind of makes my mouth pucker to say Hardaway and efficient in the same sentence.  But...there it is.

And of course Luka played another ho hum 33 point game.  9 assists.  Damn...one more and he would have had a double double.

Mcgee was--Mcgee was--Hell I don't know what Mcgee was doing.  If he keeps doing it he won't get to play much...
Like Reply
Obviously this is Wood's night.
But what this game tells me is -- Frankie needs to get Bullock's minutes when Green comes back.
Like Reply
Mavs made shots. Nice win. They'll win most if not every game they shoot like this. 

The takeaway for me was Luka's post comment when he was asked about Wood. "He was paying attention on the defensive end". 

That says it all. Let's see if he can stay focused when he's not scoring 20 in a half.
[-] The following 3 users Like vfromlmf's post:
  • F Gump, mvossman, Reunion Mav
Like Reply

via GIPHY

Like Reply
Wood built on his last performance and had his best performance as a Mav tonight. Ate Nurkic alive. His defense still left a little to be desired, but a lot better.

I gave it to Luka though for one of the best dunks I've seen in the last 5 years. The fake, the poster, the reaction. Just holy moly. 

Hardy scored a quick 6 points. I wish Kidd let him play a bit more in non-garbage time but it's apparent Hardy is still a bit raw. He can score no doubt, but knowing when to score or pass is a whole other ball game when playing against good guys. Still he hit his shots and was again fantastic around the rim. His defense had no effort but it was garbage time.

Subtle dirkie to Kemba. He didn't do a lot in the boxscore, but I felt when he was out there he was an extremely positive guy that moved the ball and kept the offense moving.

This team looks unbeatable when they shoot 55/42/85!!
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
Like Reply
I gave my vote to Wood as well but that Luka dunk says I am in shape and feeling dominant in physical ways as well as subtlety and skill. His defense this year is rising in much the same way. 

We are watching Luka and we like it. 
Kudos to recent free throw shooting as well.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Reunion Mav's post:
  • BoredAssistant
Like Reply
The Maxi injury may end up being this year’s version of the THJ injury last year, forcing Kidd to rely more on his second best player. 

The one difference though is that Maxi can still be useful at the end of the season in a small role.
[-] The following 1 user Likes ThisIStheYear's post:
  • BoredAssistant
Like Reply
(12-17-2022, 11:31 AM)ThisIStheYear Wrote: The Maxi injury may end up being this year’s version of the THJ injury last year, forcing Kidd to rely more on his second best player. 

The one difference though is that Maxi can still be useful at the end of the season in a small role.

Feeling pretty good about this prediction. I wrote the same about THJ’s injury last year. Kidd may get bailed out for two straight years by injuries that forced him to play the correct lineup. 

Note, it’s not that the impact of the injuries is exactly the same. Losing THJ was pure addition by subtraction, in addition to opening the door for the far superior Brunson to get starter minutes.  Maxi on the other hand, while having a subpar start to the season, is potentially a useful player (so no addition by subtraction), he’s just not nearly as good as Wood and was playing too many minutes at the expense of a better player,
Like Reply