Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Coaching Criminality: All Things Jason Midd | More Guilty Pleas Than Inbounds Plays
(03-24-2023, 10:44 PM)omahen Wrote: I have been quiet about the Kidd, but he just has to go:
1. Green has been great this season, one of rare good stories, and is part of the core going forward. They start Bullock over him. Bullock has been absolute trash on defense tonight, no idea how he ended being only -1
2. Powell and Kleber offer zero rim protection but are supposed to be bigs that can switch onto guards, yet they play them in drop coverage resulting in total defensive break down every time opponent runs a PnR

First person I’ve seen bring up #2 and I couldn’t agree more. Kidd has stubbornly tried to change everything that was working for this roster, and it plainly hasn’t resulted in success. They pivoted back to stuff more like Carlisle’s approach about halfway through last year, to great effect. This time around he stuck to his guns and it has ruined an entire season.
[-] The following 1 user Likes KillerLeft's post:
  • omahen
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Coaching Criminality: All Things Jason Kidd | More Guilty Pleas Than Inbounds Plays - by KillerLeft - 03-26-2023, 10:24 PM