Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Coaching Criminality: All Things Jason Midd | More Guilty Pleas Than Inbounds Plays
(03-21-2023, 05:18 PM)Reunion Mav Wrote: I don’t think anyone should be surprised that Kidd’s offensive plays are all give it to the point guard and let him decide based on what he sees on the court. He was like that at Cal and even more so with the 90s Mavs. He was quite clear about that repeatedly as a player. Luka, Brunson and Kyrie are all totally ok with that way of thinking and they are all three great at making said plays. 

I think we are very spoiled by Carlisle and Nellie who were great at designing plays. But Jason Kidd was not especially fond of any of Ricks plays that didn’t feature him or Dirk making the decisions. 

Just be glad we have Luka, Kyrie, and even Hardy who can indeed make a bunch of winning plays.
that pic is so great and funny but very true.

I#M more a guy that would let the players find solutions first but when the team is hitting a wall you damn need to call a TO.

I can't see Cuban to fire kidd in the offseason, nothing with data its more of a feeling.

I think he needs also to hear more from his co-trainers.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Coaching Criminality: All Things Jason Kidd | More Guilty Pleas Than Inbounds Plays - by Spin4177 - 03-24-2023, 12:06 AM