Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Coaching Criminality: All Things Jason Midd | More Guilty Pleas Than Inbounds Plays
Is it bad that I think Kidd is purposefully not showing his hand and limping into the playoffs? It's a dumb strategy, but Kidd LOVES those "outsmart everyone 4-D ultra underwater chess" type moves, even if it doesn't make sense. 

It's the only explanation I have for how this team seemingly can't run and out of bounds play. It's cost them at this point 5 wins. 

I don't think Kidd is a horrible coach. But he's certainly not elite at conjuring up creative plays. I also think he picks and chooses certain games where he adheres to his pregame sub routine that he creates regardless of the flow of the game and what SHOULD be needed. 

Because there are times where he makes perfectly reasonable situational subs for the better, and other times where he follows his sub patterns strictly. It just depends on the night. 

I need to see how this team performs in the playoffs. If Kidd keeps making these mistakes then Mark+Nico need to take a long look. Cuban has stubbornly stuck with his coaches for better or worse. I see Kenny Atkinson sitting on the Warriors bench and imagining how perfect of a coach he'd be here (although Kyrie+KD were the ones who forced him out in BRK).
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Coaching Criminality: All Things Jason Kidd | More Guilty Pleas Than Inbounds Plays - by SleepingHero - 02-27-2023, 02:41 PM