Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GAME 22: DAL (11-11) @ NYK (10-13) | 121-100 win
Personally I have written this season off.
I expect a loss today. In the last few years Knicks have Mavs number. Plus Brunson today, so perfect!
Looking at the schedule I expect a lot of losses in the next two weeks or so.

By Christmas time Mavs will be competing with OKC for the 13 spot in the west.
After that it will get better, and I am not as pessimistic as some guys here are. I think Mavs will finish in 7th or 8th spot and make the playoffs, but who cares at this point they are just a tredmill team.

I dont blame the players, I blame FO. They have been moving way too cheap and way too slow for the last 4 years. And it makes me mad.
Like Reply
Blow this team up. You have a rotation full of players who have been here 4-5 years, that isn't normal in the NBA unless you're a championship team like the Warriors. This isn't like college basketball where you need a team full of seniors. 

At this point, the players all know that their teammates are limited and you're seeing it affect them mentally on the court.
[-] The following 1 user Likes SwisherPrice's post:
  • BigDirk41
Like Reply
The team isn’t this bad. The offense just looks what you’d see in one of those summer pickup games. 

I’m very close to being over Kidd.
Like Reply
Robinson is breathing so hard after six minutes that I think he´ll make an excellent candidate for a three year contract in 10 years. Big Grin
[-] The following 2 users Like Mavs2021's post:
  • BigDirk41, KillerLeft
Like Reply
(12-03-2022, 12:56 PM)Mavs2021 Wrote: Robinson is breathing so hard after six minutes that I think he´ll make an excellent candidate for a three year contract in 10 years. Big Grin

Well, he shoots free throws like a Mav.
[-] The following 1 user Likes KillerLeft's post:
  • Mavs2021
Like Reply
(12-03-2022, 12:55 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: The offense just looks what you’d see in one of those summer pickup games. 

1) Give the ball to Luka.

2) If he wants a screen, give him one.

3) If he wants a post up for himself or someone else, get one.

4) If he wants a clear out and go one-on-one, let him. 

It's magical.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Kammrath's post:
  • BigDirk41
Like Reply
Beautiful lineup Mavs LOL
Like Reply
Lol, making Randle a driver - the one thing he does well.
Like Reply
Besides the usual offensive murder, Randle is playing really good D on Luka. Hasn´t gotten by him yet, not falling for anything.
Like Reply
No team in the league would willingly go into a season with this roster and lack of ball-handling scoring guards. The MBT does not care about this season and their goal is to just let Luka score as many points with the highest usage rate ever so he can get his stats
Like Reply
Looks like Luka’s shot was late.  Probably the highest percentage shot with that lineup on the floor though
Like Reply
Thibs is a genius. When the Mavs got close he pulled the killer move that always works against the Mavs: play without your best player. Big Grin

(12-03-2022, 01:07 PM)SwisherPrice Wrote: No team in the league would willingly go into a season with this roster and lack of ball-handling scoring guards. The MBT does not care about this season and their goal is to just let Luka score as many points with the highest usage rate ever so he can get his stats

Yeah you wish that they´d be willing to tank and keep their pick. Obviously not the case, they are just that dumb.
Like Reply
Doesn’t seem like a Bertans type of game, so far.

DFS having a particularly rough one, so far, too.
Like Reply
Team has quit on offense. Not even trying to wait for anything, they will shoot an early three even if semi-contested
Like Reply
I see we have progressed to the “let Dinwiddie attack whatever matchup he wants, one on one” portion of the game. Joy.
Like Reply
The more i watch this roster the more i'm asking myself if the Brunson is the real reason for a bad start of the season.

I mean, we can't trade for heart, energy, effort or chemistry?

This the most heartless team in the Luka era.
Like Reply
Reddish and Robinson are our only hope.
Like Reply
(12-03-2022, 01:18 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: I see we have progressed to the “let Dinwiddie attack whatever matchup he wants, one on one” portion of the game. Joy.

And people think that just because he is personally shooting well that somehow he has been great for this team. Vomit.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Kammrath's post:
  • KillerLeft
Like Reply
(12-03-2022, 01:18 PM)MAVS-SLO Wrote: The more i watch this roster the more i'm asking myself if the Brunson is the real reason for a bad start of the season.

I mean, we can't trade for heart, energy, effort or chemistry?

This the most heartless team in the Luka era.

It is absolutely one of the biggest factors, probably the biggest.

Doesn’t mean they can’t recover from losing him, but it was silly of us to expect them to come out of the gate polished at all without one of their two core players from last season. That kind of change requires tons of adjustment. When you lose your second best player, you are then a different team.
Like Reply
(12-03-2022, 01:18 PM)MAVS-SLO Wrote: heart, energy, effort or chemistry

JB's best qualities and most missed qualities by far.
Like Reply