Poll: How would you grade this potential signing?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
A
11.11%
3 11.11%
B
25.93%
7 25.93%
C
37.04%
10 37.04%
D
11.11%
3 11.11%
F
0%
0 0%
L.O.L.
14.81%
4 14.81%
Total 27 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
FA: Kemba Walker to DAL | his knee is "not good"
(11-30-2022, 11:52 AM)F Gump Wrote: I think at this point there's very little nuance to this deal. KW is just a guy, who used to be good and MIGHT be able to help, and who is out of favor far enough that he's willing to sign a deal with minimal financial commitment.

The fact that he is willing to sign so cheaply tells us about his demand. Be wary of expecting much. While he had the right game for it at one time, not sure he has enough left to offer what they need so badly. We'll see.
All agreed, except maybe this point: 
Quote: KW is just a guy,

At only 32 the mileage on his body overall is still modest.  I said overall because its all about his knees, evidently the left knee in particular.  How is his knee really?  If his knee is good for stretches, can the the Mavs and their medical staff manage his minutes and wear to get high quality "all star" stretches of play behind Luka & Spencer? 

Facu was just a guy, maybe not even a guy so that move never made sense to me other than being a friend of Luka. Facu is a small guard non-shooter.  Kemba a multi time NBA all star and basketball offensive savant is a shooter and definitely more than a guy.  He isn't so far from his prime to be washed up on age.  Is he healthy enough, long enough to fill the missing guard role? 

https://celticswire.usatoday.com/2020/12...e-what-is/ 

Quote:[color=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.72)]“It was the best way to go. It definitely calmed my knee down to tell you the truth. I’m feeling really good right now, so like I said, I’m just taking my time, and trying to continue to feel good, and get stronger.”[/color]

[color=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.72)]Walker’s remarks echo that of former NBA players like Tracy McGrady who have received the treatment, claiming it eliminates pain in the affected joint and breathes new life into their careers.[/color]

If Walker's knee treatment has more of a Kobe effect on his game, with his credentials and talent I would say its still potentially a great move for Dallas. They have Luka and Dinwiddie in front and young guys they are developing behind him.  Its going to take smart coaching and health good fortune but a guy that can put up all star stretches and explode in key games is more than a guy

Its the same question they had about KW in Boston: 
Quote:[color=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.72)]The results for players who have had the treatment range from favorable in the case of Bryant, helpful in McGrady’s situation, to a small boost for several careers that would have probably otherwise ended.[/color]
[color=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.72)]Walker’s situation is likely closer to Bryant’s than the other examples above, given he was still playing at a high level even when his knee was bothering him.[/color]
[color=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.72)]While it’s impossible to say what his outlook will be without the expertise and information his doctors are working with, it seems plausible for the Bronx native to return to something closer to his best self should all go well with the treatment if past examples can help us understand his situation.[/color]
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: FA: Kemba Walker to DAL | Facu waived - by Dahlsim - 12-01-2022, 09:43 AM