Poll: How would you grade this potential signing?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
A
11.11%
3 11.11%
B
25.93%
7 25.93%
C
37.04%
10 37.04%
D
11.11%
3 11.11%
F
0%
0 0%
L.O.L.
14.81%
4 14.81%
Total 27 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
FA: Kemba Walker to DAL | his knee is "not good"
(11-29-2022, 09:08 AM)Kammrath Wrote: Still looks like the exact problems the Mavs had with Donnie and RC....no cohesive, united vision as a coaching team and management. 

Feels like Nico/Fin are making roster decisions that Kidd is unwilling to align with. And as such Nico has made more roster decisions that Kidd wants and those have turned out to be pretty disastrous. 

The singular thing that Nico needed to do was clean up the mess of an incoherent vision and a power battle between GM and coach. So far it looks like a total fail.

I think your analysis is a little off here. 

Donnie and Coach Carlisle were (and probably are) friends. Very close. So close that Carlisle felt exposed and uncomfortable enough to move on voluntarily once Donnie got fired. I doubt there was any such "power struggle" here, at least between them. If there was a disconnect in how the team operated, I'd say it was between them (together) and someone else, like Cuban, for example. 

Cuban literally said in public that Harrison "had a ways to go with player evaluation." I doubt seriously he has been given any power whatsoever when it comes to talent, putting player types together, etc. At any rate, whomever/however they're making these decisions, I don't see any evidence that it has changed from last summer to this summer. To me it just seems like some of the choices have worked out and some haven't.
[-] The following 1 user Likes KillerLeft's post:
  • Smitty
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: FA: Kemba Walker to DAL | Facu waived - by KillerLeft - 11-29-2022, 09:16 AM