Poll: How would you grade this potential signing?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
A
11.11%
3 11.11%
B
25.93%
7 25.93%
C
37.04%
10 37.04%
D
11.11%
3 11.11%
F
0%
0 0%
L.O.L.
14.81%
4 14.81%
Total 27 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
FA: Kemba Walker to DAL | his knee is "not good"
(11-28-2022, 11:58 AM)Kammrath Wrote: Maybe. 

At a minimum we know "the spokesman has spoken." Cuban loves being the face of the organization. And I don't ever see that changing. 

Two possibilities from my seat:

1) When Cuban says "we" he is simply speaking on behalf of the people he has empowered to make moves. He is simply being the spokesman and face of the Mavs and Nico/Kidd/Fin are behind this move.

2) Cuban is frustrated with the direction of things and the choices made this summer and is now starting to wield his power again. I do think this is very possible as I think Kemba was always a guy CUBAN wanted. 

My fear is that #2 is happening. Cato said Cuban empowered Nico/Kidd this summer and now Cuban is being given evidence that they are incompetent and maybe he can do the job better than they can. UGH. I sure hope it isn't #2.

UGH. Actually #1 isn't any better when I think about it because Nico/Kidd/Fin have not proved to be slightly competent so far.

Yeah, it's funny how things do and don't work out. They gave up on KP, and since he's been in Washington, he's finally healthy and playing like people expected him to play. He had a career-high 41 pts on an efficient 12-18 shooting and 6-10 from 3. He had 29 pts at halftime, as they routed Minnesota 142-127.  This is not to say he still would have worked out here if healthy, but that's something we'll never know now.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: FA: Kemba Walker to DAL | Facu waived - by HoosierDaddyKid - 11-29-2022, 04:58 AM