Poll: How would you grade this potential signing?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
A
11.11%
3 11.11%
B
25.93%
7 25.93%
C
37.04%
10 37.04%
D
11.11%
3 11.11%
F
0%
0 0%
L.O.L.
14.81%
4 14.81%
Total 27 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
FA: Kemba Walker to DAL | his knee is "not good"
(11-28-2022, 11:34 PM)SleepingHero Wrote: Just speaking to how benching THJ/McGee would affect future free agents:

These guys haven't performed. I don't see how this would affect future negotiations. If anything it'd only embolden vets to make their way to Dallas because they'd be rewarded handsomely should they only play 1 good season. 

Would we be complaining at all if THJ was hitting 40% on threes? I don't think so. The players are accountable to play well, that's why they get paid. I wouldn't venture to believe that other FA's are crossing Dallas off the list because they're benching 2 overpaid role players that had all their talent sucked out by the Monstars.

You gave McGee a 3YR deal.  You played him a few games and put him on the shelf.  You gave THJ a 4YR deal, he gets injured the first year and you let him play a few games into his second year before putting him on the shelf.  

Players don't want to come here for a lot of reasons but the level of players we do sign would be foolish not to look at these situations, not to mention KP, Wright, Curry and Richardson and want to stay the hell away from the franchise.  There is no loyalty in Dallas and the MBT have proven over and over again they have no idea how to evaluate talent.

Players want to play.  That's how they earn their next contracts.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: FA: Kemba Walker to DAL | Facu waived - by cow - 11-29-2022, 12:03 AM