Poll: How would you grade this potential signing?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
A
11.11%
3 11.11%
B
25.93%
7 25.93%
C
37.04%
10 37.04%
D
11.11%
3 11.11%
F
0%
0 0%
L.O.L.
14.81%
4 14.81%
Total 27 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
FA: Kemba Walker to DAL | his knee is "not good"
(11-28-2022, 10:13 PM)dirkfansince1998 Wrote: Mavs have to find a way to generate assets. And with negative trade value the only option to get anything in return is to take back something worse. Idea was to turn THJ into an even worse contract that gives them enough picks to get out of another bad contract. Or something completly crazy like using picks in the draft to find an rotation piece that can replace guys like Bullock or McGee.

I haven't seen much of Duncan Robinson, specially lately. Seems like he has fallen in Bullock/THJ territory as far as shooting goes. Has Robinson's D taken a dive too? Can't be worse than what THJ can bring on that end I assume.

RB's contract isn't bad, but he's only playing half a season of good basketball (and we really don't even know if the trend will hold, he can be bad all year through).
McGee contract isn't large, but I'd still call it bad. He is waste of cap space and roster space. Probably will play a lot better at some point, but still wouldn't be good enough until he falls to the category of "totally unusable" (if he isn't already).  There's a negative vibe I get from him too. On a blow-out game he tried to get his points no matter what, calling his number like a rookie wanting to get his first bucket. And there's this comment he had on Wood about "winning" when he is in no authority to say such things. For someone his age, McGee is immature. McGee is already a negative on court to me, and possibly a negative in the locker room as well (based on what's happening).

If there is hope that THJ and RB regains their touch, I don't see why there isn't any for Robinson. Dedmon, well.. I don't see Miami giving up Yurtseven, but if they would, he's the better get obviously. Even with the injury. As for Dedmon, his contract isn't bad for a third string C. He can shoot from 3 at the very least.

Correct me if I am wrong, Robinson will add an extra year of 16M for the Mavs but over-all the Mavs can save close to 17 to 18M in this trade (I didn't look up if there are no guaranteed years and just went baseline computation).

As for Miami, the obvious is erasing the Duncan contract and adding a player who still has reps going for him as a reliable shooter (THJ) who can get better on a different team (theirs). That goes the same for RB. If Bullock wasn't sucking right now, he'd be an upgrade over Robinson and I'd bet Miami would be more than willing to add 2 seconds (mid-to-low second rounders but still picks anyway). But RB's current play doesn't warrant it.

So essentially, both teams will be hoping for their acquired players to be better than their current play. THJ doesn't inspire me with hope. Robinson is unknown to me which makes me wonder aside from hope of how he'd fit on the Mavs. DFS still needs someone to back him up, Robinson can do that.

If I'm taking in Robinson's extra year, I'm going to dump McGee's 3 years. For the moment, I'd say Robinson = RB. So Mavs are basically just paying non-shooting RB for 4 years, instead of THJ+McGee for 3 years. Not really great, but Mavs save Cuban's money and opens up a roster space.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: FA: Kemba Walker to DAL | Facu waived - by Razzmatazz_Hopskidillydoo - 11-28-2022, 11:27 PM