Poll: How would you grade this potential signing?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
A
11.11%
3 11.11%
B
25.93%
7 25.93%
C
37.04%
10 37.04%
D
11.11%
3 11.11%
F
0%
0 0%
L.O.L.
14.81%
4 14.81%
Total 27 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
FA: Kemba Walker to DAL | his knee is "not good"
(11-28-2022, 04:56 PM)mvossman Wrote: Right, so given they traded Josh for essentially air, they had 32 mil in cap space.  That seems like enough to me to make real roster changes.  I would have preferred a KP trade as well (I can't imagine the return would have been any worse than what we got at the TDL) but that might have been for another depressed high dollar asset (Hayward, McCullom, Tobias).

Truth is that I do not believe mark was ready to take on another high priced salary AND spend the $30ish million, remember that empty roster slots have a salary hold on them as well. They went the cheap route as they have done going all the way back to trading Barnes. I was arguing with DLord on the old site that they would kick the can down the road and keep the Trade Exception from that trade through the next summer, everyone completely bought into the hype of cap-space and how it would be used... What I did NOT expect was that this was a signal that Dallas had quit spending altogether in regards to the Luxury Tax. I fully am convinced that Dallas will need another young CHEAP star to begin spending again after the attempt at Luka/KP. That said, I also am fearful we are 2-3 years away from Luka being dealt/walking and the cycle of ineptitude continues...
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: FA: Kemba Walker to DAL | Facu waived - by SkenfromLMF - 11-28-2022, 05:32 PM