Poll: How would you grade this potential signing?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
A
11.11%
3 11.11%
B
25.93%
7 25.93%
C
37.04%
10 37.04%
D
11.11%
3 11.11%
F
0%
0 0%
L.O.L.
14.81%
4 14.81%
Total 27 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
FA: Kemba Walker to DAL | his knee is "not good"
(11-28-2022, 04:12 PM)SkenfromLMF Wrote: You think we are screaming for mark to quit being cheap with this roster...
Sans THJ prior to last year, we would be looking at the MLE and another minimum salary. THJ pre-injury was coming off of his highest season of productivity, eerily similar to where we were with Jalen last season. 
I am not killing them for keeping THJ, but letting JB walk...  No way those outcomes should not have been reversed.

That´s the key for me. No problem with them resigning THJ after he performed at a high level in the two previous seasons. But if that is the case and you pay what it takes because you think that THJ is a key contributor. Where is the same logic when it comes to an even better and more important player like Brunson???
On top of that. As others have mentioned before. Still not sure if that was the last Donnie/RC move or Nico/Kidd. If the plan was to focus on defense and change the identity of the team it makes no sense to bring back THJ.

Big picture I was all in on a KP trade and a small rebuild. Just letting THJ walk wouldn´t have created enough capspace for real roster changes. Moving both would habe been the best option. When that didn´t happen I was okay with them not letting THJ walk for nothing.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: FA: Kemba Walker to DAL | Facu waived - by dirkfansince1998 - 11-28-2022, 04:36 PM